Community post

Discussion

Anyone TTC after having a D&C?

View Full Post

I finally got my on Oct. 22, 2014
On Dec 23 I had my first ultrasound appointment at 12 week of pregnancy. Excited to see my baby for the first time when I got the worst news ever. The baby had no heart beat and had not lived pass 9 weeks 1 day. So many emotions ran through me. I was taken completely by surprise because there was no signs of a miscarriage. No heavy bleeding, no pain, nothing. I decided to go through with the D&C which was performed the day after Xmas. 3 days later I was in so much pain. I thought it was normal. They felt just like contractions. The next day I couldn't take the pain anymore and decided to go to the ER. They did a ultrasound to find out that I was still pregnant and that's why I was having painful contractions. They also explained that sometimes this happens and they would have to do another D&C. I did the 2nd surgery on Jan 2nd.

One question is, How long did you wait to try to conceive after having a D&C?

2 different doctors gave me 2 different answers. One said I could wait after my first period, another doctor said wait 2 months

152 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

131 - 140 of 152 Replies | Last Page

Venus it's a vaginal cream for the treatment of thrush, seems I'm battling to shake it especially with all the dtd in between! Got hubby on this time too though so holding thumbs this is it.

That's exactly what I've been thinking - baby could come a little earlier.. I believe that things happen for a reason so I'm going to continue ttc and what will be will be..

Nams only a few more sleeps!!

9 years ago

I went for my early scan and so far everything's ok!! Was so nervous going in there after last time.
I saw baby and a flickering heartbeat. Have another scan booked for 2 weeks time to check progress but she said even though too early to date, am measuring roughly 6 weeks.

9 years ago

That's amazing Caz, it's amazing how it already has a heart beat. Wish me luck for my midwife appt tomorrow. I hope I like this one. The last one was nice but wasnt for me.. They usually don't do a scan unless you make a appt with that dept but I'm crossing my fingers that they will squeeze me in tomorrow

9 years ago • Post starter

ladies looks like there's some good news from my side. I think i got a positive from yesterday afternoon's test. Just couldn't wait and went ahead with the test.

Hope its not the HCG from the trigger that's showing up, as it has already been 15 days since i got the shot.

So far no AF.

Will confirm the BFP tomorrow. Wish me luck

9 years ago

Nams This is exciting! If you havent started already, start taking your prenatal vitamins.

Netstar when is AF due for you?

Venus - Thnk u. I am already on folic acid. How did ur appointment go?

Tested again today, got a BFP. I am at 14 DPO guess.

So will wait for another week and go to meet my doctor.

Wish me luck ladies, little scared from my last experience, but am very positive this time.

Netstar, we are all praying for u turn.

9 years ago

Yay seems I'm the right forum here - good news all round!! Congrats Nams I am so super happy for you!!

Yay for the heartbeat Caz! So amazing

How'd your apt go Venus??? Did they scan?

I'm on CD18 so been dtd every second day since CD12 and will continue to for the next few days.. AF due around 17th so TWW for me

9 years ago

netstar - thank u so much. Waiting for ur news soon. GL

Caz - very nice to hear ur doing good.

Venus - How did ur scan go?

As for me i should be getting an early scan next week.

to all us ladies

9 years ago

Sorry that I haven't been able to respond to everyone I been going through a lot...

Friday I got to see the new midwife and she was so nice. Completely understanding and did take me to do a early scan which they normally don't do. The sonogram tech and the midwife both saw a flicker (a heart beat) the midwife was so excited for me and said it was a good sign then told me to have a great easter that everything looks ok.

Saturday morning I got a call that my big brother passed away. Right now I'm in a lot of pain. I'm trying to be strong for my mother, and I'm worried all this stress would effect this pregnancy. It may sound crazy but through all the pain, tears and stress I feel right now, I try to talk to him and ask him to be my guardian angel, please help me keep this baby.

I know I'm a complete stranger to you guys, and I'm talking about something that has nothing to do with pregnancy but I hope it was okay to talk about cause I had to let it out. And if anyone believes in prayer, please pray for me, the funeral is this Friday and I just don't know how I'm going to get through it.

Oh Venus I am so so terribly sorry to hear this awful news Please don't feel bad about talking to us about this, we're strangers yes but we've shared a lot about past experiences and we've been here for each other in these situations and will most definitely be here for this too! Sending you big cyber hugs, stay strong - and yes, I'm sure your big brother guardian angel is looking out for your little baby too and that everything is going to be fine xx

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo