Community post

Discussion

2dpo today, who with me :)

Just a little bit about me... I'm 31 and DH is 40 and we are trying to conceive baby #2. For my first pregnancy we got pregnant the very first month of trying so I'm hoping that we conceive just as fast this time around because I can't imagine going through this 2 week wait every month. Meaning that we are a bit older in age I don't really see that happening but a girl can dream lol

7 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Well, my very unscientific opinion is that your chances are pretty good! I've been in the TTC game for 9 months now. My husband and I are trying to conceive baby #1 (I'm 34 and he's 32). It seems like girls in their thirties conceive more quickly when they've already had a baby-- at least that is what I've gleaned after reading far more pregnancy forums than I'd like to admit. Plenty of my friends, my sisters included, got pregnant on the first month. Not me!

But yes, the dreaded TWW! It's been such a roller coaster these last nine months! It's hard to stay positive because the BFN is so much more discouraging when your hopes are up!

Good luck to you! May your second be just as quickly conceived as your first!

9 years ago

Hi Tina

I'm actually trying to set myself up for failure. Thinking the worst, that way I'm not too disappointed if I get BFN. I haven't been trying to conceive but I been trying to get my DH on the same page for a couple of years now. So I know the feeling of hearing "this one is pregnant" and "that one is pregnant" of course your happy for them but wondering when is it your turn.

For the 9 months that you been trying, what have you done to track ovulation?

Good luck to you too.. It's going to happen, it's all a matter of when

9 years ago • Post starter

10dpo today, took a test, and it was . So sad and disappointed, even when I kept telling myself we might have to try a couple months maybe even a year. I felt good about this month until now. I really don't want to be down but I can't help it right now

I'm 2dpo again today. I'm not planning to keep track of symptoms because I have PMS and both pms and early pregnancy symptoms seem to be the same. I'm just crossing my fingers I get a this time around. I'm going to try not to test but that going to be hard to resist when they are calling me to be used lol

Wishing and lots of to anyone out there and who been trying for months, your not alone.

Hoping for a 2 week buddy, so I won't go completely crazy lol

5dpo today... This is our 3rd month trying. I really don't believe I'm pregnant this month. Not because I'm setting myself up for the worst this time but because my DH & I didn't bed near my OV day but a couple of days before. I'm starting to think this is not going to happen for me. What if my DH is infertile? I ask him if he would take a home fertility test but he refuses. It's just getting more depressing as time goes on. DH has a habit of saying no when I would like to BD but he doesn't realize he's missing the mark. I don't want to have to say "hey I'm ovulating!" I believe he shouldn't tell me no, I never tell him no, so why am I getting rejected

2dpo again, feeling a little better about this month. Hopefully it worked this time around, boobs are already a bit sore but that could be the sign that I ovulated. This is the 4th month trying and this time around I'm keeping my hopes up. AF due 23rd, for the pass couple of months I been buying pregnancy test but I will stop doing that because it only tempts me to test too early. So I'll only test if I'm late, at least that's the plan

Just an update.. All those positive thoughts I had in oct paid off. I became pregnant. I finally got my on 13 dpo. Of course if you read these post you know I was trying since July and of course I was beyond happy.

2 days before Xmas I was 12 weeks pregnant and going in to the hospital for my first ultra sound. Doctor gave me the worst news I could hear. The baby had no heart beat. I was so devastated. I had every feeling imaginable. Hurt, angry, sad, confused, how could this happen?

Now I've come around to know things like this happen and it's going to be okay. So I'm back, healing up from the surgery (D&C), I'm going to stay positive. DH and I will try again in march. Doctor said I should give myself 2 months to heal and I been taking folic acid everyday because one doctor said it's good to start taking them 2-3 months before trying again. to everyone TTC. Your not alone

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo