Community post

Discussion

Anyone TTC after having a D&C?

View Full Post

I finally got my on Oct. 22, 2014
On Dec 23 I had my first ultrasound appointment at 12 week of pregnancy. Excited to see my baby for the first time when I got the worst news ever. The baby had no heart beat and had not lived pass 9 weeks 1 day. So many emotions ran through me. I was taken completely by surprise because there was no signs of a miscarriage. No heavy bleeding, no pain, nothing. I decided to go through with the D&C which was performed the day after Xmas. 3 days later I was in so much pain. I thought it was normal. They felt just like contractions. The next day I couldn't take the pain anymore and decided to go to the ER. They did a ultrasound to find out that I was still pregnant and that's why I was having painful contractions. They also explained that sometimes this happens and they would have to do another D&C. I did the 2nd surgery on Jan 2nd.

One question is, How long did you wait to try to conceive after having a D&C?

2 different doctors gave me 2 different answers. One said I could wait after my first period, another doctor said wait 2 months

152 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

91 - 100 of 152 Replies | Last Page

Caz, I have not tested again. I'm very tempted to test but afraid of the disappointment right now. I don't feel pregnant, no sore boobs like I usually have. AF is due this Wednesday, let's see if I can hold out without testing again. Are you having any early symptoms?

9 years ago • Post starter

Caz,

i've never used opk's. I have been going for follicular study quite often after miscarriage, so figured out when i ovulate. It is usually CD12 or CD13. And also i have severe pain during ovulation on the side it ovulates. So i can figure out easily.

Venus, Good Luck.

Ladies, i also had a question, does lying down after bd help? and also can we bd twice a day during and around ovulation.

9 years ago

Venus Good luck for Wednesday, really hoping you get your bfp. I haven't really had any symptoms to be honest. I have had sore boobs since the day after ovulation, but that's normal for me for any cycle.

Nams I always lay down after. If we dtd before bed then I will stay laying down until the morning. If it was during the day then I would at least lay for half an hour.

9 years ago

Nams not sure on the bd twice a day cause I've heard it's best every other day. When I bd 2 days in a row, first one was am and day after pm.

9 years ago

So, I caved in again and I think I got a BFP I'm kind of in denial. I keep thinking maybe I'm seeing things. I posted a pic, tell me what you guys think.

Omg!! Congratulations I'm so happy for you.

Definitely a

How many dpo are you today?

9 years ago

Thank you, I'm 12 dpo today, I'm kind of shocked, I don't know how to react right now. I'm happy, excited and also scared.

That's how I felt at first, it's a strange feeling but just excited now

I've just added another pic too to see my progression and it's darker today :)

What date was your last period? Mine was 11th Feb but then I know I didn't ovulate until 3rd March so should be 4 weeks tomorrow but if they go by my last period then nearly 5 weeks...

9 years ago

Caz your line is super dark now!
Have you told your husband, how did he react?

what are you planning on doing as far a doctors appt goes. I don't know if I should make one or wait after 8 weeks.

According to my lmp feb 20th I'm going to be 4 weeks on Thursday. I OV on March 5th. I just calculated my due date and its on my mothers birthday which is the day after thanksgiving. I'm sure she would like that.

ladies.

so happy for u guys, just cant believe. u guys are soo going together . Wish u a healthy 9 months. way to go.

Hopefully i'll join u guys soon.

Should be ovulating sometime today or tomorrow.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo