Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

901 - 910 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Stillfun - how's that temp????

Mel - it will be great for you guys to RELAX! I think they say that BD'ing can be good for implantation, just FYI. Lol. ;) I couldn't go anywhere with my mom, let alone have her stay in my room! I would go insane. Lol

hoping - I'm glad you're finding little guys!!!!

AFM - soooooooooo NEGATIVE HERE. My best friend from high school just announced her third pregnancy (in 4-5 years) - and one of our other friends just announced her first, so they get to be pregnant together. Isn't that just great? Super. Meanwhile, we've decided that we're just never going to get pregnant. DF this morning says that maybe I should be on top? Like it's our position that is the problem? It's been A YEAR. A year. Also, sorry dude, but you've not read a thing about ttc, me on top is the opposite of what we need to do. He was just trying to help, but it annoyed me. I'm gently pushing the need for the SA, so that it doesn't sneak up on him right before his doctors appointment, when I remind him. ;) April something - or -other, I can't remember the date. I just keep telling him, "I don't want to keep peeing on things if there is no point whatsoever. If we can't ever have kids, I want to get over it now, not keep my hopes up." sigh. Meanwhile in my vagina (HAHA) it's seeming like I'm going to O early this month. We'll see. NOT THAT IT EVEN MATTERS! Sorry. Blah..... At least giving up has helped me keep my mind off of ttc. Haha.

"Approximately 40% of couples who are starting out TTC will conceive during the first three months of trying, and about 70% of couples TTC will conceive during the first six months.
Up to 85% of couples will conceive within the first year of TTC. Your ability to conceive in any given cycle falls after age 30. "

Awww. Isn't that heartwarming? >:|

User Image

11 years ago

Is it a rant day? ok, good. I feel for ya supersue. I just LOVE hearing my sister tell me about her pregnancy and how the baby measures. Her 3rd in 5 years too. I have thought about quitting ttc also. But I cant seem to do it. There always is that little voice that wants to keep trying so bad. But I know what you are talking about it all being for nothing.
AFM.....still haven't had temp shift yet But all other ovulation signs are right on (+opk cd 15,16/ ewcm since cd13). O is so far 4 days late this month. LP was only 10 days last month. Wonder what will happen this time.....Grrrrrr so aggrivating!

Your statistic is just great!! ! especially since am 35

User Image

11 years ago

Supersue, don't give up!! It took us over 2 years to have our DD, and with one mc before her too. I love those stats...not! I'm going to be 30 this year and I was hoping I would be done having kids by now, not still trying! We started not using birth control when I was about 23, so this has been a loooong journey for us.
Had doc apt today, he said start trying any time now as long as I am emotionally ready.He said I am in great physical shape so I'm off to a good start. We'll see, I do hope that when I get pregnant again I don't worry so much about mc, but it's so hard not too. This was the 2nd one, he said they don't do any testing until after the 3rd one. I don't feel like I need testing though.
I know what you mean about others announcing pregnancy, I can't take it anymore. I have started blocking those that are on FB so I don't have to see the ultrasounds and belly pics. Even my doc agrees it's crap that others get sneezed on and whammo, and others have to stuggle.
Mood is a little better today, but was in tears again last night, still so sad that I was almost there..... was looking forward to those little cries again.
Yay for rant day!
Peace out!

User Image

11 years ago

oooohhhhh rant day!! Im up for one of those!!!! Stupid BBT and my body! I woke up yesterday really hoping to see a super high temp but NNNOOOOOO how about a temp as low as my O temps!! WTF.... And then to top it off when i went to the loo... the witch was here!!! UUGGGHHHH and another thing that makes me feel great is the place where we are staying has the fertility clinic that i use on the 4th floor and we are staying on the 5th so evereytime i get in the elevator i press 4 because its the level i got so used to pressing! But i have seen my nurses in passing and had a chat! I just feel like walking up to the rooftop and screaming F*#K!!!!!! But other than that im great!! LOL i am trying soy this cycle too but you cant get the soy on its own here, so i have to buy menopause tablets! HAHA I looked weird buying menopause tablets! so im on CD 2 now

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

FINALLY got the temp jump this morning....but I could feel the O last night. Is it normal to just O on the same side every month? I am pretty sure I have Od on my left side for at least the last 3 cycles.

User Image

11 years ago

LOL! Hearing all of your rants made me feel better, I almost deleted my post for being such a Debbie Downer. I know that negativity isn't going to help anything, I just feel it in my gut that the SA is going to be bad news for us. Hopefully I'm wrong...

stillfun - sorry about the witch. :(

Anastasia - thanks for the encouragement. I'm turning 30 this year too (May) and DF will be 30 next year.

hoping - I'm pretty sure I've O'd out of the same side 3 months in a row too, for whatever reason. Usually it switches though. I would just make a note of which side you're feeling it on each month, to make sure that at least SOMETIMES you are O'ing out of the other side, or that might be an indication that there's an issue.

User Image

11 years ago

Stillfun??
Supersue and hoping, no giving up!!!
I'm going to be 30 in December and DH will be 32 in August! We are old ;) JK we have been together since I was 14 so a loooong time so it sometimes makes me feel older than I am.
I don't get O pain, so I never know which side I O on. I haven't been tracking anything this "cycle" I don't call it a real cycle since it included a mc.
When I did get pregnant in December I was on soy, I took it from 2-6, then once I got blood work done in about 6-7 weeks along they found my thyroid was high. So just a suggestion to watch how much soy you take because this was the first time ever I had any thyroid irregularities. Not to freak you out, just an observation.

User Image

11 years ago

Gosh I AM old then! I am 35 and DH is 44! My thyroid is almost low to the point of needing meds anyway (<0.4 is low; mine was 0.7 a few months ago when I had a physical) so maybe it will boost mine back up! Who knows??

User Image

11 years ago

OMG Stillfun I just seen you wrote in, sorry about the
Oh well.....
Off to relax at the hotsprings tomorrow with some family.
Everyone!
Hoping you are not old!! Age is a state of mind.

User Image

11 years ago

To make things better, I woke up this morning to a message from a highschool friend, "When are you getting pregnant again?" He was a very very good friend, but very very blunt..

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo