Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with us? Can we get a hell ya!Part11

View Full Post

Welcome to part 11 of our discussion group! Our forum is for anyone using Clomid or Femara for treatment. We are all super friendly ladies, so please come and share your story with us!

For anyone who wants to catch up, here is part 10.

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?p=1&postid=21079

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

347 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

311 - 320 of 347 Replies | Last Page

So sorry Darian.

11 years ago

Hugs* Darian. :(

11 years ago

You girls are all so amazing!!!! Now I'm just waiting for af to show .... Is it possible not to ovulate after hcg shot??

11 years ago

i had my trigger shot on Monday 1030am (cd13). Doctor told me to bd on tues & wed. But Tues DH just couldnt do it. :(( and we only manage to bd on Wed and a day before the trigger shot. what do u think my chances of catching the eggs are? after that fight we had on Tues night, i dont think I'll do another clomid cycle. its too pressurising for both of us. :((

11 years ago

i had my trigger shot on Monday 1030am (cd13). Doctor told me to bd on tues & wed. But Tues DH just couldnt do it. :(( and we only manage to bd on Wed and a day before the trigger shot. what do u think my chances of catching the eggs are? after that fight we had on Tues night, i dont think I'll do another clomid cycle. its too pressurising for both of us. :((

11 years ago

Ok...so this current cycle we're doing the same as last - Femara and trigger shot. Get ultrasound a week from tomorrow, 2 days before we leave for Hawaii, so Looks like I'll be triggering there. (Woo hoo!)

I guess NEXT cycle, they want to try injections. Sparked deep convos with DH since we're looking at $1000 per cycle. We've got savings, but we're trying to decide how long we'll be at this. I turn 41 in June. Need to look at the real life possibilities of anything happening if it hasn't worked yet.

Have any of you looked into adoption? Where on earth do you start?

User Image User Image

11 years ago

Hi Ladies! Sorry to those going thru the ringer right now. Getting these bfp are definitely becoming stressful to us all. I've had 2 of my close friends tell me they were pregnant this week and 3 friends had babies this week. Hoping I'm the next one! I start clomid on Tuesday. Can't wait!!

11 years ago

Aw, Darian, I was hoping so much for you! :( Also, I asked about O and the hcg shot a few months ago, and he said that you will always O if you have mature eggs.

Thanks, Claire. We'll see what happens. We're thinking of preventing, though, if it doesn't work next month. Just to take a break and get my sanity and life back.

Sharayn, I totally get the stressful part of Clomid. It's like the guys get performance anxiety, and emotions run high and it's so easy to fight and get angry. The one moment is so important, so it's easy to get upset if it doesn't go exactly as you plan, which makes it worse.

MrsF how romantic! Your baby might be conceived in Hawaii <3 Which island(s) are you visiting? I also totally get the hesitation about spending so much on a cycle. I hate that money is such a huge determining factor in treatment! I feel like there is a price tag on my family. I had a friend who looked into adoption, and said it is very, very expensive. They said they could choose adoption or try an IVF cycle, because it was about the same. (They did IVF and got twins, so good choice I guess). But I haven't personally looked into it at all. I do know that a more affordable way to do it is to foster to adopt. There is no guarantee that you will get the child (but there isn't with adoption, either), but it's much more affordable. Call the local social services in your area and talk to them about it. They're the ones who would know best.

Proudmom, I hope you're next, too! This has been a pretty bad week on the board. We really need good news soon. GL with the Clomid!

So, I went ahead and tested today. 12/13 DPO and starkly negative. I feel like 12/13 gives pretty accurate results. Still have to go in for blood test tomorrow, though. I'm so bummed. I was hoping to celebrate Mother's Day this year! One more try for us. If it's not this time, then we have no idea when we can start trying again.

11 years ago • Post starter

Af showed today... So I will start clomid on sat.

11 years ago

Darian, so sorry. I hope you're doing okay. What is your plan for next month?

I will hear back around 4 about my hcg beta results. Not holding my breath for good news, though. I suppose it's possible that I'm pregnant, but not very likely.

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo