Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with us? Can we get a hell ya!Part11

View Full Post

Welcome to part 11 of our discussion group! Our forum is for anyone using Clomid or Femara for treatment. We are all super friendly ladies, so please come and share your story with us!

For anyone who wants to catch up, here is part 10.

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?p=1&postid=21079

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

347 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

141 - 150 of 347 Replies | Last Page

Finished my 3rd round of Clomid this month and started opk-ing today. Then I got a call from my DH saying that he will be out of town and unable to come home (for risk of losing his job) during the time when I expect to ovulate. This is a devastating blow for me as I only have one more cycle of Clomid left before the dr. wants me to stop. Then an hour after that news, a family member (unaware of our situation) informed me that they are expecting their second child. Their first child being only 13 months old. We have been ttc since before they were even ttc-ing their first! I put on my brave face and gave them a heartfelt congrats but it felt hollow. How do you find the strength to feel joy for others who get so easily what you so desperately want?

11 years ago

U have to remember that all things happen in perfect timing. Being happy for someone else's blessing can be hard when u want the same but sometimes its the stress of wanting it so bad that can make it not happen. Relax and have fun with it. I'm ttc but I'm not in a big hurry because i have my hands full with 3 already. Good luck to everyone!

11 years ago

awww, Ashley, hugs for you. Is there any possibility of you going to DH? I had to do that for a round of mine. I hear ya with the pregnancy announcement. I've been there with 2 SIL (they are twins, unmarried and....screwups is the easiest way to put it) Between the two of them there have been three pregnancies while DH and I have been ttc #2. It's painful. The thing that has helped us the most is distance from them. They are just a source of stress on a good day anyway. I don't know if that's even an option for you though. Hang in there.

11 years ago

FX for you Ashley...maybe you will ovulate at a different time than you're expecting and you and DH will be in the same place.

It is also really challenging for me that, no matter how happy I want to be for those around me who become pregnant, it tears me up a little inside and it seems like everyone is either pregnant or just had a baby. I have a really hard time with people who don't understand that babies don't "just happen" for everyone. My poor husband actually had a co-worker approach him on his birthday and suggest that we should consider having children soon, since he isn't getting any younger. He's only 33 but this person is an idiot.

AFM, it's 11 DPO and I am scared to test. I got a BFN yesterday and just don't want more disappointment. Having some wicked lower back pains and cringing at anything that might resemble an AF cramp. This wait is killing me and I'm starting to feel like a crazy lady.

Lots of to everyone!

11 years ago

Hello Ladies!

I know exactly how it feels when everyone around you seems to be expecting or just had a baby as well. And all this time you're TTC with no results! It's hard to be happy for them. But you still have to put on brave face.

Quick update: I went to the doctor this morning to check the progress of my follice and it has grown to 17mm. We were given the green light to start Baby Dancing tomorrrow night, because she said it needs to grow just a little bit more (to maybe 18-20mm). Then I return to her on Monday morning to see if the sperms are getting towards to egg properly (swimming properly in the liquids?) Then the next Monday after that, I go back to have blood work done to check if I ovulated & check my progesterone levels, etc.

I truly hope this is the cycle where we conceive our baby. I am trying not to get my hopes all the way up there, but it seems I kind of already have!

I wish everyone a Happy week-end and may we all have BFP's this cycle!!! :)

11 years ago

Thanks for the support and kind words ladies. Sometimes, if you haven't shared your ttc journey with many people, it can be hard to have that support group. I am very lucky to have found this forum.

Proudmom - I understand what you're saying however waiting for "the fates" to decide when the time is right is not working in my favour. I am going to be 36 this year and time is not a luxury I have. And it is not as simple as just relaxing and enjoying the ttc process. There was little to no stress for the first year to year and a half of trying to conceive. If relaxation were the cure I'm sure my doctor would have prescribed a vacation months ago!

It is difficult for people who have children to understand the plight of someone who has none. I don't even think at ttc year one that I could have imagined what it would be like at ttc year three. You are in such a different mind space as your journey continues. I wish genuine luck to all the ladies here no matter how long or what direction your passion to be a parent takes you.

11 years ago

Yeah, I just went to a baby shower yesterday....the mom-to-be's sister is also pregnant....they're due about a month apart. Double-whammy.
Plus, my best friend is also trying to have a 2nd baby. She calls and laments the fact that she can't seem to get pregnant again. It takes everything in me not to yell, "YOU ALREADY HAVE ONE! I JUST WANT *ONE*!"

so yeah. no rage, no bitterness here.

What's worse is the two women I know who had or are having babies with the same due dates I would have had. I secretly hate them....and their children. One successful cycle and that will all go away. It's turning me to a jealous b*tch and that is not something I wear well.

User Image User Image

11 years ago

darian GL with your follicle check tomorrow! I also have one with trigger tomorrow (as long as follicles are ready), so we are totally cycle buddies!

JBergsma- Welcome to the group! I hope your third round works. If it doesn't do you know what you'll need to move onto next? Don't be worried about no symptoms. They can be different every cycle. DH and and I have been trying for three years and two months. We are definitely ready for good news.

Lilith any better news from you? Hope so

jsx that's great to hear about your mood change! It's amazing what your diet and exercise can do.

Laura, I didn't notice my sense of smell changing on progesterone. That's an interesting side effect.

kelli :( sorry to hear first round didn't work. That's always disappointing. And you hit it right on with those feelings. It sucks that most people don't understand.

waiting4angel, welcome. Wow, 4 follicles! That's amazing. It's possible for all four to fertilize, but I wouldn't say common. You just have a high chance of at least one fertilizing. And maybe twins! Lucky :)

MrsK Welcome back! Good luck with your terrible side effects yuck. GL with the TWW!!

greeneggsashley- I hope that your timing will still work out with your DH :( And getting news like that always seems to come at the worst time. I'm so sorry. It's so hard to be happy for people who get what you want so badly so easily. I usually have to just pretend around them and let myself go home and cry. It's the only thing you can do. My brother's wife is pregnant now and they complained that it took them soooo long to get pregnant when it only took them three months. I gave my brother the dirtiest look when he said that! I think he got it because he hasn't said anything since.

MrsFlasche you are brave for going to a baby shower. I always pass on them. I think that infertility has turned us all into jealous b*tches at some point, and it's okay. You can't beat yourself up about it. It's okay to feel that way sometimes.

AFM going to RE tomorrow for follicle check. If I'm ready we'll trigger tomorrow, and then go back for my first IUI Tuesday. Any advice for someone doing first IUI? I'm excited and a little nervous!

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

Thanks Felurian. If this round doesn't work the RE said its time for IUI or IVF. I'm just scared because I do not have any idea how it works or what the process involves. I'm also scared to bring this up with DH, not sure how he will react and how he will feel about it.

Can you guys please help and give advise? I am starting to feel so useless and no one understands. Everyone just saus that I have to relax and it will happen by itself... Yeah right. Why hasn't it happened yet?

11 years ago

Thanks Felurian...no news here though. I am on 13 DPO and would normally have had spotting for at least a day by now and was expecting AF this morning. Well, all tests have been BFN and AF is still not here and I am getting a little bit worried that I am out. Trying not to lose hope, as my temps are still high and my chart shows that I was right on about my ovulation day, but I am just a little confused.

Good luck on your follicle check!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo