Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with us? Can we get a hell ya!Part11

View Full Post

Welcome to part 11 of our discussion group! Our forum is for anyone using Clomid or Femara for treatment. We are all super friendly ladies, so please come and share your story with us!

For anyone who wants to catch up, here is part 10.

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?p=1&postid=21079

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

347 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

11 - 20 of 347 Replies | Last Page

Isn't that the truth! AF.. Wait to take clomid..wait to ovulate.. 2ww.. then over again. This is the perfect lesson in patience before children ;)

for you. :)

11 years ago

Welcome Lilith! Sometimes it's hard to know what to expect with clomid. Glad you are here to join us and we can try to help if you have any questions!

Miracle, good to see you here :) I'm doing alright. BFN today, but it's still early! I'm technically not even 10 DPO yet. I didn't ovulate until evening/night on O day. I have to keep remembering that. 9 DPO is pretty early to test positive, right?

Okay, Melissa, curiouser and curiouser. And you are so right about time being pretty much the only thing that can help! Even though it's so hard to wait!

So this month and last month I've had some noticeable cramping starting between 5-6 DPO. I usually didn't get cramping like that before, until I just realized these two months I was on progesterone! Anyone else experience PMS-like cramps from progesterone? This whole time I thought they were early PMS cramps and that I couldn't be pregnant, but now maybe it's just the progesterone! Please help instill some hope back into me.

11 years ago • Post starter

I def have unexplained infertility too. It's really frustrating. Two losses and no answer. Today I went for my day three lab work and day three ultrasound. Great results. I have 7 follicles ranging from 4-6 in size on my right and 12 follicles on my left ranging from 4-6. I hope one of them sticks this month!! This is my first month on Femera! Hope the stimulation method works!!!!
Does anyone know what is a good number of follicles on day 3?

Ashley

11 years ago

I haven't started any meds yet, also not a first time mom and i just have a sudden bit of nausea that has came over me today. I'm at 9dpo. Anyone else experience this so soon? Af is due in less than a week! Good luck everyone!

11 years ago

Holy moly, gunzzz! That is a ton of follicles! We'll have to see how many mature! I'm not sure of the typical number for day three, but that seems like a lot to me! Maybe Melissa knows.

proudmom- I know that many women have nausea that early. Progesterone can cause nausea, so if your progesterone has gone up that could explain it.

11 years ago • Post starter

I've never had a follicle check that early. Usually when they are at small, they aren't measurable. They won't all mature. You'll get a few on each side that will start to grow larger, and the one or two that will start to lead. When do you go back for a growth check?

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

I go back on the 12th dayvof my cycle this month for lab work and another ultrasound. If things look good. I'll give myself a trigger shot. Yeah I was told most will not make it. I just didn't know if that was a good amount to start with? Thanks for responding. How are things with your cycle?

11 years ago

AF found me at 5am. Kinda hard to be sad when a great vacation is waiting in 4! days. Of course, I want to be pg, but it's going to be much more relaxing not worrying if there is a bean in the right place or if the numbers are doing what they should. We will be full tilt into IVF prep when we get back.

That is literally what my money's on. Haha!

Have a good day all!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

About 5-6 DPO I had a lot of nausea....and started peeing a lot. I was in Florida visiting my parents and my mom was beside herself. I told her it was probably the progesterone...and I was right.

It sucks that the symptoms mimic each other.

On the other hand, has anyone read the patient info inserts for Femara?? Not to be taken by women of childbearing age?? Only for post-menopause? (I read too much.)

User Image User Image

11 years ago

That is for when it is used for its true purpose as a cancer treatment. It is because it is an estrogen inhibitor, and as women of child bearing age, we need estrogen to have our cycles.

The way we use it is to trick our bodies into thinking there isn't enough estrogen, so the natural production kicks up and then the sudden withdrawal of the inhibitor makes the original amount of estrogen flood back in, creating more follicles. At least, that's how I think it works, haha!

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo