Community post

Discussion

Oh NO The vomiting has begun!

Hey ladies.

Im 6 weeks and 5 days and i'm not so thrilled that i vomited for the first time today... i have had some awful nausea and knew it would only be a small amount of time before i started actually being sick.

Lucky i was at home and not at the shops like i was 5 minutes earlier!

Whats the most embarrassing place you have vomited?

10 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Replies

Also... What makes you feel better?

13 years ago • Post starter

I've always wondered about this, esp the ladies that are awful sick and can't get away from it. I've not have sickness much, maybe a week of it but it was combined with naaaasty migraines. Once that week or so was over I was fine, and I was always at home or nannying. I figured though this might make you giggle. My water broke when I was alone (not with dh or another adult) other than my under 2 daughter when my water broke while eating lunch.....at chic fil a!

User Image

13 years ago

Oh Neekie - poor you (sort of - feeling sick is a good sign) - I never actually threw up but had awful nausea - nothing really made it better other than eating small amounts of bland food like white bread or rice cakes.

I hope it doesn't hit you too hard.

Lx

pregnancy week by week

13 years ago

Hey Neekie,
I am 6 w 3 d and no vomitting yet, just feel a bit queasy from time to time. I dont' know how the women do it that throw up all day at work, on the train etc. I haven't thrown up since 1997! When I was 12 and sick with the flu. I have a very strong stomach. HOWEVER the lack of vomitting makes me worry about the stickiness of my baby, so I'll say congrats to you! I noticed from your other posts you had an early miscarraige recently. Did you have naseau with that pregnancy?

[url= BabyFruit Ticker]

13 years ago

Hey ladies, I am taking it as a good sign too!

It so horrible and I wondered how I would handle it if I worked! Luckily I don't!!! Lol

I have to go on a huge drive today and I know it's not going to end well!!!

Shannybum my last miscarriage was at 5 weeks and I had no morning sickness, this pregnancy I had it from the day af was due and when I was pregnant with my son I had morning sickness just lik this although that was over 6 years ago and I was so young I barely remember it until I vomit! Lol it brings back memories!

I would not worry that you are not vomiting as you still have nausea and I did some research yesterday and plenty of women that had morning sickness had miscarriages! Not that that makes me feel any better but I thought it might help you see that you bibs will stick! So it's no real proven thing.

Hey there... I thought may jump in.

Shannybum - I am currently 14.5 weeks pregnant, have had two beautiful ultrsounds, and have heard my baby's gorgeous heatbeat. But most importantly to address your concerns - I have not been sick at all! Well, to be honest I was feeling sick starting at around 12 wks up to just a few days ago, but that was only when I started to get hungry and I was never fully sick.

I can also tell you that my sister was heavily sick with morning sickness for all six of her pregnancies of which four ended in mc.

My point is - don't worry about it as everyone has different symptoms for different pregnancies. I am sure your baby is fine.

Take care both of you.

User Image User Image

13 years ago

With my DS I had Morning Sickness starting on week 6. I will never forget, it was at work. At the time I was a cashier at Wal-Mart, and I was standing at a self-check. I couldn't run to the bathroom so I had to do it in a trashcan, in front of customers. VERY EMBARRASSING!!

The only thing that worked for me was, ginger snap cookies, and ginger ale.

Good Luck! :)

User Image Abbie DS: 01/19/2010 ? or ? March 2012

13 years ago

Thanks, ladies! All good and useful information!

[url= BabyFruit Ticker]

13 years ago

Hi! Morning sickness sucks!! but for my first pregnancy i quickly got up and had a cup of water and sucked on a lime. it didnt work all mornings since i would be sick the minute i opened my eyes sometimes. but that lime and water thing did wonders for me! i would also quickly put something in my stomach right after. the slightest grr of my stomach would send me straight to the bathroom! if this doesnt work for you well.. let nature run its course.it will be over soon :) you will see. im prepared to handle all that now that im trying for my second one! also stay away from pans frying in oil and swweeet perfumes.. those were the worse for me!

Candicey

13 years ago

Hey ladies :)

All lovely stories lol of vomit and food! Haha!

This is my second pregnancy but my son is 6 years old now and I was 19 when I was pregnant with him. So back then I had no idea about anything to do with morning sickness. So this time I have more information easily found which is great. I've tried lemon and ginger tea and plain fresh Ginger tea and that's not really working! :(

Yesterday I had a whole day where I wasn't sick and luckily because I was out all day. That was my second sick free day. But today it's back and I just can't do anything, I just sit on the couch thinking of foods I could try eat that won't male me feel horrible. But everything I think of makes me sick. I have no idea what to eat! I can't handle cooked meals. Which means fast easy dinners for the family :(

I just cantwaiy for this to pass!

I might try the water and lemon!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo