Community post

Discussion

Join me? On my quest for gender answers with Cabbage!

Hey ladies,

I'm so anxious to know The sex of my baby because I am convinced it's a girl, so I ploughed the Internet for tests and old wives tales and I found a interesting one.

The red cabbage test...
Use a glass of your first morning wee
Cut up a whole cabbage in small pieces and boil for 10 minutes.
Drain the juice of the cabbage.
Add equal parts of urine and cabbage in a glass.

If it turns red or pinky colored it's a boy, it it stays dark or purple it's a girl.

I am so curious to see if this works and I am going to do it tomorrow.

Anyone else want to join the experiment? And post your results? Even if you know the gender give it a go and see if it really is accurate.

Xxx

8 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

Did it work? lol xxx

13 years ago

Well I haven't done it yet. But will during the week :)

13 years ago • Post starter

Ok so I did the test.

1st outcome: red/ pink but I had been drinking juice all morning
2nd outcome: purple after drinking water for the rest of the day.

Husband did the test and came out with a dark purple result.

Conclusion.... Test doesn't work at all....

Lx

pregnancy week by week

13 years ago

Hahhaha, Hi Neekie,

I have another test for you:

Cut a piece of string at least a 8-10 inches long. Slide your wedding ring into the string and pull up both ends so that the ring is hanging from the middle of the string.

Hang the ring a couple of inches above the pregnant woman's belly. Make sure not to move your hand at all or you may not be able to accurately predict the baby's gender.

Allow the ring to dangle above the pregnant woman's belly for a couple of seconds. If the ring moves in a circle pattern, the baby's gender is a girl. If the ring moves in a more of a side to side pattern, then the baby's gender is a boy.

If I do this, it always gives me the same result...it tells me it's a girl! Try it and let me know!!!! :-)

xoxoxo

User Image" rel="nofollow">User Image

13 years ago

Hey happy :)

I tried that one but with a strand of hair?
And and and it didn't move! :(

What on earth does that mean?

Hi Neekie,

Really? It didn't move? Naaahhhh, impossible...try again, I'm sure it works! I usually do it with my hair too, and it always works. You just need to make sure that your arm stands still...and that you are not shaking...lol.

Anyway, it's just for fun!!! When do you have your next ultrasound? I can't wait to find out what you have!!!
Mine is next Wednesday!

With the string/hair, I always get the same result:GIRL, so next Wednesday I will have my first opinion from the ultrasound woman (if the baby cooperates). I will let you know the outcome for sure!

What other tests did you do? I want to try other tests too! :-)

User Image" rel="nofollow">User Image

13 years ago

When I was pregnant with my son I did the string test and I got a girl result, even though I knew I was having a boy. I wish we didn't have to wait so long to find out gender.

Happy - I can't wait to see if the test was correct for you!

Amy User Image User Image

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo