Community post

Discussion

clomid?

View Full Post

My doctor wrote me a prescription for clomid because blood tests showed that I may not have ovulated last month... BUT, my feeling is: There is always a chance that I may ovulate this month (on my own). Does anyone know if clomid can help someone who ovulates on their own?

Thanks for your input!

66 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 66 Replies | Last Page

wow we are almost on the same day..I actually am using the ClearBlue Fertility Monitor.It starts asking me to poas @ day 6.It tests for two hormones rather just the one regular opk's test for.My dr told me to keep using it as it is very accurate over several cycles.Ive used it for 5 cycles so Im hoping it is right on the money!I have had some intense cramps today so Im thinking I should get a positive tomorrow!We have been bding ever other day since cd5..FINGERS CROSSED FOR ALL OF US!Im so tickled that we are so close in our cycles!HERES TO A NEW FRIENDSHIP!

User Image 05/15/10 7/25/11

13 years ago

you are so sweet!

I am using OPKs... what a pain in the ass. The line is dark one minute and light the next... so confusing. Well today is only CD 11 for me so I am thinking I have a few more days to go... I stopped taking Clomid on CD8 at night. So I am thinking it will be a few more days. Without clomid, I usually ovulate right in the middle of my cycle and according to the "clomid rules" I should ovulate right around the same time as I normally do...

Are you BDing every day or every other?

13 years ago • Post starter

O the rules...are so damn confusing!lol!I am on cd12, didn't get a +opk this morning.I talked to my doctor this morning and he said to not worry about my normal O day being on cd11 (yesterday), that I should o 5-9 days after my last pill which was on cd7.So that's anywhere from today til Saturday.I just knew I would get my +opk this morning due to the awful cramps I had off and on yesterday. bummer! We are bding every other day..we missed Saturday but got back on track last night!yay!Once I get my +opk, we will bed every night for 3 nights, skip 4th & again on the 5th.That's the instructions I've been given!Good thing we like bding!How long are your cycles normally?Mine are 25 days but according to my doctor and ALOT of research,clomid will help w/that too.I'm ready for the next ttw!It's not nearly as stressful..O wait who am I kidding..

13 years ago

ok... well your doctors instructions are the same as mine... That's good, right? So, 5-9 days after last pill would mean that I will O any time between Thursday and Monday... Perfect timing because my husband and I got a hotel in times square (New York) for two nights this weekend... Perfect timing, huh?

My cycles are 27 days... approx.

I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like I am lass stressed out this cycle while taking clomid... I guess I feel like it is a little bit of support.

I am happy you are here with me and i hope we both get our BFP's!

Your first month on Clomid, right? No major symptoms here... Just hot flashes... holy crap!

ok... well your doctors instructions are the same as mine... That's good, right? So, 5-9 days after last pill would mean that I will O any time between Thursday and Monday... Perfect timing because my husband and I got a hotel in times square (New York) for two nights this weekend... Perfect timing, huh?

My cycles are 27 days... approx.

I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like I am lass stressed out this cycle while taking clomid... I guess I feel like it is a little bit of support.

I am happy you are here with me and i hope we both get our BFP's!

Your first month on Clomid, right? No major symptoms here... Just hot flashes... holy crap!

Times Square..how awesome!I will have a house full of 10 year old boys, it's my son's bday sleep over!!We will give them the run of the house and stay in our bedroom!!tons of to be done.. I've not had anymore hot flashed since the last pill, but have noticed I have very little cm but we're using preseed anyway.The headaches seem to be gone too..I'm glad!
Where are you? I'm in Alabama.

13 years ago

Yes... It has been two days since my last pill and the flashes are going away... I agree with you there...

I Have a question... Did you ovulate on your own? I forget?
I think I ovulate on my own and I am worried this may not work for me because I do... What do you think?

Also, why did your Dr. suggest taking a break between day 4 and 5 of BDing? Just curious.

I live 45 minutes outside on Manhattan... In the suburbs... I have a 2 year old daughter (Bianca) this will be my second. I am hoping not to have another winter baby... It stinks in the Northeas,... You are totally home-bound during this season. If we concieve this month we will have babies right around Halloween... That would be cute!
How is your weather? We are being pounded by another snow storm!

I do ovulate on my own, but the doctor seems to think this will be the little push to make it stick..we shall see.Kinda makes me nervous, but in the same sentence I can say I've been a little more excited this month.Skipping the 4th day is to increase sperm count and give one extra push for the finishline..

Our winter babies do not have it nearly as bad as yours..we get cold but never stay that way for more than a few days at a time..you guys get weathered in which has to suck!The storm you're getting is suppose to bring us tons of rain and a few days of cold weather, highs only in the 40's (which is cold to us).We've had more cold weather this year, lows in the teens..it has killed all of my tropical plants.I now have a plant graveyard!Now our summers..they are HOT, to hot to enough for the most part.

BTW, my name is Monica

13 years ago

Hi! My name is Nicole...

Ok, so good... I hope your Doctor is right for the both of us..You took it CD3-7, I did 4-8...
I have been less stressed this month and more excited... I want to believe this will give me the extra push too! How long have you been TTC?

BTW - So over this NY weather... OVER IT! My whole family lives here though and I am totally stuck here. LOL

We've been trying since Nov '09.Had a miscarriage May last year and been trying ever since.I'm hoping this will do it..I didn't have any problem conceiving w/my ds but that was 10 years ago..I'm hoping this will do the trick.This has to be our month...

13 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo