Community post

Question

When to use Fertility Monitor...

This last cycle I was new to the whole idea of using the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor so I set it up in the evening. Then I realized it works on a 12 hour clock so I was never going to be able to use it in the mornings. Well I continued to test with it in the afternoons and only got a high reading once, after my bbt chart showed ovulation. So if anyone else out there has tried this, which is better to do? Morning or afternoon? Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Me: Alicia (29) ~ DH: Patrick (29) TTC #1 Since August 2009 with PCOS 1st & 2nd (March & May 2012) IUI Cycles w/ Clomid = BFN's 6/24/12 - 3rd IUI cycle w/ Gonal-F and Lupron. IUI on 7/9. TWINS! Born 2/11/13 Back on the NTNP train as of September 2013 hoping for a boy someday!

2 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

It actually pin points it to a 6 hour testing window. So, if I pressed the "m" buttom at 9am, I would basically have 3 hours before and 3 hours after that time to test (from about 6am until noon for testing). My first cycle I did it in the afternoons and it worked fine. The following cycles I programed it around 8am (so I would have between 5am and 11am to test) based on my work schedule. Figure out what time will work best for you and do it that way. Although it says to test in the mornings, I don't think afternoons are a big deal. Good luck!

12 years ago

I also have a Clear Blue monitor and have read that they recommend that you to use the first urination of the day so I have it programmed for when I wake up and then I have a 3 hour window either way (in case I am rudely awakened by my cats or have an all important lie-in) to turn it on and POAS if needed. I think for the next cycle I'd set it to make sure you captured your first urination and see if you get a change in results.

Good luck and babydust sent your way!

I'm 28 DH is 29 Currently TTC #1 Suffer with unexplained infertility Using Provera & Clomid right now Cycle #1 =

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo