Community post

Discussion

11 dpo too scared to test-after 8 months ttc

View Full Post

hi ladies

I hope you've all had better luck, it is so hard getting AF every month after telling yourself you have done everything right. I deciced to get a little help from clomid even though I always have regular 28 day cycle. I am 11dpo today and don't really trust anything I feel.

Last night I suddenly developed a hatred for avocado which is my favourite food. so this morning I thought its nothing so I'll take it for lunch but sadly I cannot stand the sight of it. I've been feeling tight around my lower abdomin, my nipples are sore to the touch since 7 dpo. I pain that is kind of like ovary pain and lower back pain that comes and goes.

I am starting to loose it cause I have been trying for so long. Can anyone who's in the same boat please assist, I need a little reassurance or motivation.

53 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 53 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies

Hope you are still hanging in there. Just want to check how you are all coping. I've decided to work on my fears and stress and to actually try and not to panic after every fertile window. I see we have slowed down on the chats but after ovulation we start panicking and looking for symptoms.

Well I am going to try and be calm this time around.

@gabi86

How did the tests go? Have you heard anything yet?

6 years ago • Post starter

HI Ladies

Its been a while since I posted on this forum and am 8dpo. I really hate going through this every month it's so painful. But hey I really want another bundle of joy.

Does anyone know how O-negative blood affects ttc? Cause I am really starting to think it could be that even though my doctor says otherwise. With my first pregnancy I found out real early that I was preggers and went straight to the doctor and I didn't even know my blood type then I only found after giving birth when I was being given some injection that was apparantly going to last for five years.

It has been 9 years guys I never really thought about having another child until now.

My doctor says I google too much and that my blood type is no problem anyone with info please let me know how this works.

Hi Ladies!

Sorry for being absent this past 4 weeks. We went on a cruise on the Caribbean for 7 nights and the cruise got delayed for an additional 3 days because of Hurricane Irma. It has been crazy to come back to Florida with no power, no internet, etc. But it is getting back to normal.

I completed the tests this Friday. The nurse practitioner at my OBGYN's office gave me blood requisitions for CD 3, CD 7 and CD 21. I am being tested for FSH, Progesterone, AntiMullerian hormone and HCG. I am confused on those. Supposedly this AntiMullerian test is to confirm PCOS and so is FSH. I also read online that Progesterone should be tested on 7DPO when your progesterone levels are the highest, CD21 would be ideal on a 28-day cycle, but mine is usually 31 or 32 and I ovulated between CD19 to CD 21.
The results I have so far are normal, but the CD 21 results are not out yet. I started using this natural progesterone cream Emerita yesterday. Have any of you used it?

Zanele, I never heard of blood type interfering with TTC. Your doctor is probably right that you google too much, I also do and I cant control myself on the urge of wanting to know it all.

4 DPO for me, let's stay strong! Baby dust to all.

6 years ago

I went to my ob An did all this test as well EVERYTHING for me is normal! Well actually really good . So the only thing interfering is my BLOCKED tube! I go back to the doctor Friday so hopefully they figure out what we can do to unblock it

6 years ago

Hey ladies

I'm at another 16dpo with no AF, this is tough every month. I wish it got easier with time but it hasn't been. I went and got hormone tests and other tests at the beginning of my cycle and all was normal as well. Is this all in our heads, cause if tests are fine then what is delaying the process?

I hate google for getting me so hooked maybe the obsession is what makes things worse. I literally google everything. I guess blaming my blood type seemed like at least it could be the reason why I still haven't had my BFP.

I have decided not to test at least until Sunday if still hasn't showed.

Sunday I'll be at 19 dpo, my doctor suggests testing when you are 8 days late so I think Sunday won't be that bad.

Sending you lots of

Zanele1, 16 DPO and no AF, that sounds promising!!! Good luck when you test it!

I also have this love/hate relationship with Google. Can't leave without it, but I am so obsessed of wanting to know it all.

Talking about wanting to know it all. Doctor called yesterday and said results for FSH, progesterone and anti mullerian hormone are all normal. He was trying to confirm I still have PCOS, so to put me on clomid. It doesn't look like PCOS has come back after 15 years of BC. He wants to see me again next week to determine what are the next steps.

Eventhough progesterone levels are normal, I decided to keep using the progesterone cream until I get AF, just in case, what if?

I am 8DPO today. Temperatures are nice and high as they were supposed to at 8DPO and also due to progesterone cream. I do feel my breasts very sensitive, way more than other times. But again, that is probably because of progesterone. Besides that and being a little thirsty and sleepy, I don't feel any other symptoms.

Went for lunch with BF today, she thought I was very calm and somewhat relaxed, for being in the 2WW. I agree with her, I am trying not to stress and somewhat looking forward to see what the doctor say. It all has two sides, I can keep doing tests as long as possible and possibly not find anything wrong with me and my husband, which is kind of a proof that baby will come when baby wants. But it could also be that we find an issue, and it may be on those issues that cannot be undone, I guess that will be the sad part. For now I am hoping for a simple and quick solution!

What about you? are you feeling anything different at 16DPO?

6 years ago

Hi ladies

Last night the showed am so disappointed but I won't let her get me down. I will continue my ttc journey.

I was really sure this cycle will be the cycle I finally got my BFP but hey, things happen what can I say. Since 12dpo my breast were tender with veins and my nipples were really sore. But then again this has been happening every cycle since I started taking fertomid known as (clomid) in the U.S.

My skin started to breakout, I was overly emotional and I could swear some foods smells where getting to me.

Yet here I am with AF again. Ladies I am seriously starting to think our minds are playing tricks on us or something cause I really don't get it anymore.
And the effect of the clomid really confuses everything. After "googling" I know me and google. But seriously after googling when symptoms of pregnancy actually start. It makes sense when it is mentioned that they start after implantation don't you think?

I think we start looking for symptoms way too early and that is where confusion actually starts.

@Gabip86 am holding thumbs for this cycle hope this is the month for you

Hey Ladies

So, on Saturday I had a slight drop in temperature and on Sunday my temperature really dropped, so I knew it was over for me this month, so I stopped the progesterone cream as well. AF showed Monday... I guess the good thing about temping is that I can know a little in advance if I am Prego on not because my temperature starts to drop a day or two. So at least this cycle I wasn't going to the bathroom every 5 min to check, nor I spent money in HPTs with sad BFNs...
Visited my doctor today... since my blood work came out OK, doc said I have healthy eggs and progesterone levels are fine. So he is sending me for a HSG and I need to convince hubby to go get his semen analysis (I know it will not be easy).

Doc said that procedures to unblock tubes are not done in the US anymore because it is as expensive as IVF, so if my tubes are blocked, IVF will be the only way. Crossing fingers for this exam to come out OK.

He also said that in case the problem is with DH, some male infertility issues may take 6 months to treat. Last week I was able to convince DH to ejaculate in the cup so I ran the sperm check test that is sold on amazon. It came out OK, but that test is only for sperm quantity, not quality.

If both exams come out OK, doc said that is about fine tuning and Clomid may help regulating my cycles (even though I think they are pretty regular) and increase my luteal phase (as it keeps coming at 11/12 days). But he doesn't think luteal phase defect is a problem I have, or at least we don't know at this point because symptoms of that is miscarriage and I have never been pregnant.

For now, wait and wait.

How are you ladies holding up?

6 years ago

Honestly never heard that the tubal unblocking isn’t done in the US anymore. I have a blocked tube An one ovary which happens to be on the side of the blocked tube .. so I’m going to meet with my dr for next steps being that ALL my test came back with great results

6 years ago

Hi Ladies

Went for the HSG yesterday, it HURT SO MUCH!!!! I almost told the doctor to stop. Results are both tubes are blocked with hydrosalpinges. The Dr conducting the procedure said only way is to by pass the tubes with IVF. I've cried so much between yesterday and today. BTW, today is my birthday. I am a total mess. Havent been able to do any work since I left the clinic yesterday, all I can do is read and read and read. Trying to find hope.
I am schedule to go see my OBGYN on Friday so he can read the results and we can talk about next steps.
Read so many things, but the bottom line is that the highest success rates are to have both my tubes removed and then go for IVF. It is very emotional to be make such a decision, no tubes no natural pregnancy EVER.
I am very confused with all this, hoping the doctor can shed some light. I will be asking other doctors also for second and third opinions.
Just wanted to share with you all... and BTW, today is my birthday, as you can imagine it has been horrible!

baby dust to all

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo