Community post

Discussion

Anyone TTC after having a D&C?

View Full Post

I finally got my on Oct. 22, 2014
On Dec 23 I had my first ultrasound appointment at 12 week of pregnancy. Excited to see my baby for the first time when I got the worst news ever. The baby had no heart beat and had not lived pass 9 weeks 1 day. So many emotions ran through me. I was taken completely by surprise because there was no signs of a miscarriage. No heavy bleeding, no pain, nothing. I decided to go through with the D&C which was performed the day after Xmas. 3 days later I was in so much pain. I thought it was normal. They felt just like contractions. The next day I couldn't take the pain anymore and decided to go to the ER. They did a ultrasound to find out that I was still pregnant and that's why I was having painful contractions. They also explained that sometimes this happens and they would have to do another D&C. I did the 2nd surgery on Jan 2nd.

One question is, How long did you wait to try to conceive after having a D&C?

2 different doctors gave me 2 different answers. One said I could wait after my first period, another doctor said wait 2 months

152 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

141 - 150 of 152 Replies | Last Page

Thank you Netstar it means a lot to me.

9 years ago • Post starter

Venus, so sorry for your loss. You are definitely in my prayers and its absolutely ok to let your stress out here.

Just relax and be positive and u'll sail smooth.

9 years ago

Thank you Nams...

How is everything with you? Did you have or make your first prenatal appointment yet?

Netstar how about you, when is AF due?

As for me, I'm 8 weeks today. I don't have my next appt until 12 weeks. I'm just hoping everything is okay. Meaning that last time I had no sign of a miscarriage I'm still worried the same thing can happen again. I'll feel more safe when I finally get to the 2nd trimester

Hey Venus, I'm sure everything is going to be great - hope you're doing well x

AF came on Sat so I'm out this month.. Obviously was just not meant for us yet. I will be forking out for OPKs this time though and see if that gets us somewhere!

Hope you're all good x

9 years ago

Netstar purchase the cheap ones online, they work just as well as the expensive ones. It will be better for you instead of doing a guessing game. Start testing on CD 10

Where do you buy online Venus? I'll check if they ship to South Africa! xx

9 years ago

Netstar I found this website and I saw it said international shipping check it out

http://www.saveontests.com/pregnancy_ovulation_tests.htm

I got married last december and conceived late january only to do 12wks scan and told that no heartbeat since 8wks. Finally i had a D and C 3days ago. it's so sad that family and friends know that i'm pregnant but in order not to be stalked, i've quite facebook and any media except this to mingle with those who've been there. Pls any advice on what next and when to ttc.

9 years ago

I got married last december and conceived late january only to do 12wks scan and told that no heartbeat since 8wks. Finally i had a D and C 3days ago. it's so sad that family and friends knew i was pregnant but in order not to be stalked, i've quite facebook and any media except this to mingle with those who've been there. Pls any advice on what next and when to ttc.

9 years ago

I got married last december and conceived late january only to do 12wks scan and told that no heartbeat since 8wks. Finally i had a D and C 3days ago. it's so sad that family and friends knew i was pregnant but in order not to be stalked, i've quite facebook and any media except this to mingle with those who've been there. Pls any advice on what next and when to ttc.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo