Community post

Discussion

Anyone TTC after having a D&C?

View Full Post

I finally got my on Oct. 22, 2014
On Dec 23 I had my first ultrasound appointment at 12 week of pregnancy. Excited to see my baby for the first time when I got the worst news ever. The baby had no heart beat and had not lived pass 9 weeks 1 day. So many emotions ran through me. I was taken completely by surprise because there was no signs of a miscarriage. No heavy bleeding, no pain, nothing. I decided to go through with the D&C which was performed the day after Xmas. 3 days later I was in so much pain. I thought it was normal. They felt just like contractions. The next day I couldn't take the pain anymore and decided to go to the ER. They did a ultrasound to find out that I was still pregnant and that's why I was having painful contractions. They also explained that sometimes this happens and they would have to do another D&C. I did the 2nd surgery on Jan 2nd.

One question is, How long did you wait to try to conceive after having a D&C?

2 different doctors gave me 2 different answers. One said I could wait after my first period, another doctor said wait 2 months

152 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

101 - 110 of 152 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies, I have read your posts and feel like I was meant to come across them! I also got my first ever bfp on 22 Oct 14, but sadly ended in D&C on 4 Dec.. TTC again after being told to wait 3 months. AF due 22 Mar so am also playing the waiting game.. Came across your posts as was looking for info on cramping - which I'm experiencing quite a bit at the mo: 9dpo today. Have had a bit of ups and downs with thrush since Dec (heavy antibiotics) so am really hoping it's pg symptoms and not uti again :(

9 years ago

welcome netstar,

Very nice that u joined us. Everything seems to be going positive in this forum, hopefully u will soon announce ur BFP too. .

9 years ago

Thank you Nams, I still can't believe it myself. I took another test today and the line is definitely there.

Did you get your test results back from your husband test. I'm sure your both very healthy. My husband is not healthy, he doesn't even try to be and somehow it work this time around so I know for sure you will be joining us very soon.

Also when we did dtd it was always at night when I didn't have to move around so I would just go to sleep. Keep us posted when you ovulate.

9 years ago • Post starter

Netstar, sorry for your lost, as you can see we all went through it and it's never easy, it's very sad to go through something like this.

Did you use OPK for this cycle? Cramps at 9dpo almost sounds like implantation. I'm crossing my fingers for you

Venus

I have told DH and he is so excited! Have u told yours yet?

I think I'm going to make my app for next week....not sure it makes much difference but wasn't sure whether I wanted to request an earlier first scan?
What are you going to do?

I ov 3rd March so if you go by that I'm due Nov 24
If you go by my lmp 11 February then I'm due 18th?

Ah that's nice its your mothers birthday, she's going to be so happy :)
When are you going to tell ppl, after your first scan or close ones before...

Nams

Thank you

I, like Venus also manly dtd before bed and after just lay there and fell asleep. Was always worried if I got up or went to the loo, most would end up there!

Really hoping u join us too, when are you dtd, today and tomorrow?

Welcome to this forum netstar, it seems to be very lucky and the support on here is great.

Really sorry for your loss. I was devastated at the time but talking on here has really helped.

Your 9dpo today, when are you planning on testing? I've heard thrush can be a pg symptom too so fingers crossed.

I actually did have a little cramping and believe implantation happened for me at 6dpo. I got my bfp very faint at 8 dpo.

9 years ago

so happy for u ladies.

i will be going to the doctor today to get the SA results and check my ovulation. So far didn't have any sharp pains, so guessing not yet ovulated.

we have been dtd since last 3 days daily once either am or afternoon. I have been trying either laying down for 15 min and the second time taking a one hour nap. So hopefully if i ovulate today i will dtd tonight and go to sleep directly. Have a 5 yr old daughter, so have to keep up with her, so a little difficult to get so much rest after dtd.

netstar.

9 years ago

ladies,

went to my doc for follicular study today. Looks good from my side, yet to ovulate.

But not so good results from SA. Morphology turned out to be only 1%, and 90% of those were not having a good head, which the doc said is an issue. She recommends to go for IUI right away this cycle and try it out. She also mentioned it might take around 2 to 3 cycle for the IUI to work. She still didn't sound confident though. She is ok with count, motility and other readings, only concerned abt mor.

I am confused now, whether IUI will work for such low readings. And also was wondering how come there are diff readings for each SA test.

SA test from same clinic:
5th May 2014 - Mor - 8%
6th Dec 2014 - Mor - 4%

SA from another clinic:
22 Dec 2014 - Mor - 80%

SA done 3 days ago in again diff clinic - Mor - 1%

any idea ladies, just loosing confidence that god has just given us a blessing of one child only.

9 years ago

Nams..Dec 6 to dec 22 was a huge difference how would it go from 4% to 80%
That sounds weird, maybe you need a third opinion. Has he ever tested he testosterone levels. That's one thing that drops with age and can be easily fixed by taking suppliments.

First don't lose hope. You got pregnant before so it's definitely not impossible. I know a IUI consists of washing out the semen and inserting the washed sperm into your uterus. Do you know if they remove the ones that are abnormal? And if they don't, would you think about doing IVF where they take the best sperm and retrieve your egg?

They say at average a man has 250 million sperm in one tsp. 1% out of that is 2.5 million. Even though it might be a low amount, you still only need 1 to get through. Don't let these doctor discourage you. You will have your miracle baby.

Caz I did tell him but it was because we were suppse to have drinks that night and that's why I took the test to make sure I can drink. Once I saw the line I told him not to get the drinks and he immediately knew why. I think he's nervous. He said he doesn't want another heart break.

I'm going tomorrow to the hospital as a walk in to take a pregnancy test and from there they will make the first prenatal appt.

yes in IUI they remove all abnormal, dead and immotile sperms. They just put the real healthy ones.

Yeah i am also wondering looking at these figures, which one is kinda correct. I've been reading some articles today the whole day, most of them say when all the other parameters are good, less morphology doesn't matter. And WHO also says sample analysis varies everyday and can also give different readings within the same day in the same lab.

My husband has been taking supplements last 3 months with lifestyle changes, diet changes, and loads of improvement in count, motility. This time only issue with morphology. So kinda thinking what to trust and whom to trust. I also don't want to stress my husband, taking him to different docs each time, because he has to go through all the same tests again and again. I am quite happy he is at least trying this much for me.

So trying to build some hope now. And i guess going for IUI wouldn't harm. Lots of confusion and thinking going on. Finally just leaving to god almighty.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo