Community post

Discussion

In the TWW. Looking for friends to commiserate with

View Full Post

Hi all!

I got my birth control out in January and we have been trying for the past couple of months. I'm in my TWW now and I'm 8 DPO.

Before having my first, we suffered through 2 chemical pregnancies and a miscarriage. Son is now 2 years old and will turn 3 in June.

I'm looking for people to connect with so that we can cheer each other on and commiserate about life with.

<a href=

357 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

191 - 200 of 357 Replies | Last Page

So today I am CD28 a d 16dpo. I had some brown and pink cm yesterday and the previous day then returned to white. Normally if its AF its brown gets heavier and heavier and becomes AF.

My MIL has been doing acupuncture on me for different reasons but when I told her I came off BC and had irregular periods she has been working on this with her acupuncture needles. I have felt a lot of ovarian cramping to either the left or right side the past few days not like AF cramping but maybe I am wrong.

I have two family functions this weekend and feel likenI should test in case I want a glass of wine but I don't want to see a BFN!

Any suggestions ladies?

7 years ago

GinSue- A glass of wine wouldn't affect the baby/fetus. In fact, my friend had a glass every time she had contractions (early) and they would stop.

Had some excitement here the other day when one of the neighbors above us had to call the ambulance and go to the hospital. Came home to the ambulance by the driveway after we got done with my sons baseball game.

Today I have a stiff neck which is giving me a headache, so I'm relieving my pain with my electric stim machine. On top of that my oldest son and 14 month daughter are hacking up a storm.. Joys of life lol

User image

7 years ago

Thanks Hberry! Had just the one glass of wine today. I will be CD29 and 17dpo 2mw so I might test with my FMu but I really don't wanna see another BFN!

Have been feeling a little nauseous past 24-48hrs and I hope its not just in my head.

Sounds like you have had a busy few days Hberry. Hope all is good with you. How are you feeling?

7 years ago

Had brown and pink cm yesterday and the day before but no sign of AF today. I feel horrible...not like I do before AF feel nauseous, bloated, gassy, heartburn etc. Maybe I O'd a few days later making implantation later? Not sure...only time will tell.

So I have read about this "tampon test"...you basically use a tampon for a few hours to see if there is any sign if AF and if its clear either AF is gonna be really late or possibly pregnant. Think I will test in the morning. I only have one FRER left so I wanna be sure its not just a matter of testing and wasting a test.

7 years ago

Ginsue- test on the day you miss AF. That is your best bet. Your signs sound promising though.
Another test to try without wasting a test, is to use fmu and collect in a cup. Next take some bleach and if it foams and fizzes like beer, it is most likely positive.
Good luck!

User image

7 years ago

Thanks Hberry! See the problem is my last cycle was 40 days long! Today I am CD28. I have been getting acupuncture to make my cycles more regular as they used to be 28days. In the past few months they were betweem 34 to 40 days long so u see where I am at? I used to always be 28 days so I dunno when to test. 2mw I will.be CD29 and 17dpo.

7 years ago

Ginsue - like I said if you dont want to waste a test, try the home made bleach pregnancy test. I tried it and mine was positive even before I used the hpt cheapie from walmart.

User image

7 years ago

Ginsue- test with an OPK!! Mine was showing a distinct line when I had the squinter test on the cheap HCG test.
I personally wouldn't do the tampon thing... just in case there is a baby in there, they say that you shouldn't put anything in there if you're pregnant!!
TEST and even if it's negative, you'll at least know that it may be too early with your long cycles!!!

User Image

7 years ago

GinSue: Hmmm. How do long cycles affect implantation and pregnancy test results? Aren't we supposed to start testing about 10-15 days after fertile sex/ovulation and get an accurate answer? I'm sorry I don't much about this to answer properly.

7 years ago

I think Mummum has a point!!
It goes by DPO... so if you're over 15DPO then you should be able to test positive irrespective of long cycles... it all depends when you ovulate.... I think at least!!

User Image

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo