Community post

Discussion

October 2017

View Full Post

Since I didn't see this topic yet I figured I'd be the first to start it. This is for those of us still traveling our TTC journey in hopes of achieving our October 2017 miracles. I am at CD1 my name is Jalisa.. Some history on myself... I am 23 and DH 44, he just recently had a vasectomy reversal and everything came out great! This cycle #2 for us and we ttc #1 for me and #3 for him... I have previously had 2 miscarriages one at 18 and another at 21. The first I wasn't aware of but the second I was 4 months. I wish all of you ladies baby dust and sticky vibes!

86 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

71 - 80 of 86 Replies | Last Page

Hey Ladies!

Has anyone experienced annovulatory cycles? I'm cd 16, still no positive opk. This is my first month temping but I haven't noticed the temp increase that would indicate ovulation. I have been having very creamy cm and had scant amounts of ew cm a few days ago. Also, on cd 7/8 I had a very dark opk, not positive but almost...like the tests just before or after ovulation, and since then I've had very faint lines on opks. Like barely noticeable. If I had ovulated just prior to that opk test on cd7 (thinking maybe I got my cycle start day wrong) wouldn't my temp be higher? I'm only in the low 97s. Also, I had spotting about a week before my period last month, so I'm wondering if my body is just adjusting to coming off the pill(my third cycle off it). Anyone experience this? I'm
Assuming I am out for a baby this cycle, but I'm just confused!

Any thoughts?!

7 years ago

@TT2MaMa - Sorry, I don't have much advice for you- I had one cycle about a year ago that I think was annovulatory for me, but I wasn't temping back then so I'm not sure. I only think it was because the cycle was a bit longer than typical (my cycles are very regular) and absolutely no positive hpt.
The only thing I can say is keep using the OPKs and temping - I normally don't ovulate until late in my cycle, so not getting a positive OPK by CD 16 is actually not abnormal for me. You might just still be gearing up to ovulate. Good Luck!!

AFM- I'm out. AF caught me this morning. This month is a little tougher on me because my due date for the pregnancy I lost is next Friday, so all the people I know who announced their pregnancy around the same time I did are all having their babies. So, yea.

On to next month, good luck to those of you still waiting!

7 years ago

@ALittleFaith, darn that witch. My sympathies to you and many good wishes for the upcoming month. Hopefully you can get some answers at your appt!

You are right, it is hard coming up on an anniversary. I'm sending you warm and happy thoughts.

7 years ago

@little.annie1130, Did you take another test? I thought I was out of my mind this month with faint positives. It wasn't until 18 dpo and a blood test for me.

@TT2MaMa, I'm afraid I'm no help to you. When I was temping I didn't have a reliable rise right at ovulation, it was fairly inconsistent afterwards. My crosshairs were always a day or two off. I have since relied mostly on CM and ovary cramping. Have you ever 'felt' your egg be released?

7 years ago

ihanaojos yes and my wallet gets lighter the longer this goes on lol! AF is due today - but no AF cramps, boob sensitivity, or any of my typical AF symptoms! My body just hurts all over and I have a few other symptoms that seem to be pretty far off, but who knows! It's comforting to hear that other people have had difficulty getting positives

7 years ago

ihanaojos oh and I forgot congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! yayyyyy!!!!!!

7 years ago

little.annie1130, that is the most perfect thing I have heard......yeah. My wallet lost a few sizes this month!! We can go in and test for free at my Dr. and I went in twice and them both came up negative, despite the faint positives at home. So finally at my request they did the blood test.

I think a lot of the problem is the posts we read online of people getting 'strong' positives at 8-9-10 DPO, makes us think we should all be that way. Even at 18 DPO my line was faint on a FRER which I think may be more realistic. Plus, I was a week late. That was another clue..........BUT I know how seeing the line means more than what the body is saying :-)

Are you going to wait until the day after AF is due to test again?

FX for you!

7 years ago

@ihanaojos sometimes I have slight cramping, but it is hard to tell if it is ovulation or gas! Nothing this month tho. Im just going to keep using opks and temping and see what happens!

@alittlefaith Thanks! The line on my opk was slightly darker than it has been recently (still not positive) so maybe ovulation is just late this month?

I'm so sorry for your loss! Good luck to you for next month!!

7 years ago

@ihanaojos you are so right about the early positives. My ratio of negatives to positives makes me inclined to believe my "positive" was probably just a test error.

I tested again this morning and I tend to be able to see a line on any test but at this point I'm starting to think, "On the day of my AF? The line shouldn't be that faint if it's actually there!" I'm trying to stay positive but also not be delusional haha.

Honestly, as long as AF holds off I'll be okay with that :) lol I say that now and I'll probably use my last test tonight and be back at walmart in the morning like a zombie with no self-control.

7 years ago

@TT2MaMa- To be honest, I only became aware of charting/temping/etc when trying for my second child. I made it to age 35 not even knowing that I had a short cycle and wondering why it was 'early' every month! So the ovulation thing may just be my aged ovaries griping at me each month too......I certainly don't think I felt it when I was in my 20s! Again, not much help, but maybe something to laugh at. Are you taking any supplements at all?

@little.annie1130-I am the last person on the planet to suggest saving that last test for the morning. I have even left work on 'an emergency' to dash over to the pharmacy and pick up a pack. No shame there at all!! However, this month I did wait until I was 1 day late (after using .......an unknown number of internet cheapies and 2 not-so-cheap ones) and then I waited until I was a week late. Not really sure how, but I did. *For the expensive ones*. IMO the internet cheapies are there to be used!!! But they never got dark for me.

So long story long, do what makes you happy!!

And thanks for your sweet message, it's actually still sinking in, mostly because my symptoms have almost completely disappeared. So, thinking positive thoughts.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo