Community post

Discussion

is romance dead?

After a military precision but fruitless month I vowed to make this cycle non serious, spontaneous and more fun! I now have to tell DH that preseed has a timing on its usage. Is our desire to become mothers making us overlook the one person we need?

User Image 16th Sept 2010

10 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Replies

it was all business for us too! Now I am 8dpo and am so symptomatic and uncomfortable that the thought of sex makes me want to cry... Oh, my poor husband... The man went from having sex two times a day to not having it at all for 6 days. I know I sould tonight, but I am afraid it might hurt. Just wanted to share... These poor guys go through a lot too!

TTC #2

13 years ago

I am going through the same time. My husband hates having to time sex perfectly and thinks it should be spontaneous. I agree with him but when you are TTC you have to be realistic too. I use preseed and didn't read anywhere that there was a usage timing on it. What is it?

*~* Rachel *~* Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

13 years ago

My romantic manoeuver was to wave the empty applicator at him and point to my watch! We've only been married 9 months and if we werent avoiding get pregnant before we were married its now all about getting the timing right and I see no point in doing the deed at any other time! 15 minutes is the optimum but 30 mins is the limit. I will double check that but Im sure I read it in the small print.

13 years ago • Post starter

Well I got some bad news after my Lap surgery that they don't think I will get pregnant on my own and need to do IVF which my husband has said no to. Now he's all like he doesnt it wasn't meant to be.

Good then I see no reason to have sex anymore either. Let's see how he likes that... LOL

13 years ago

Oh Hope that made me really laugh out loud! Not your sad news but no sex for DH! Talk him into IVF! You might have triplets!

Hi ya'll sex sucks when ttc i hear that.. i try to spice it up but am really just like hey could u get your sperm where the suppose to go like um now...

Hope I am sorry thats hard but i will tell you this my doc told me after my lap that i would need fertility but i ended up preggo 4 month later all on my own. His concern for me was that i had one tube and would take longer naturally.. I did mc but i still managed to get knocked up without help. So dont be completely lost there is always hope..

Suzy TTC#1 Yayy for Ovulation

13 years ago

You guys posts made me laugh. We are kind of hard on our partner's right now, but it ends up worth it! lol

My DH likes the new BD schedule, because we agreed to everyother day instead of everyday the first time we ttc. But it can get a bit tiring and i wish their was a easier way to get them in there where they belong

DS 2/16/09 Wanting #2 by the end of this year...

13 years ago

It can get a bit tiring...fortunately for me I tend to get reeeally horny (lol) around O time so my desire is genuine, I think that makes a difference. A few come hither stares and he is putty! You have what he wants girls, make him come get it!!

BabyFruit Ticker

13 years ago

Bad, that is fine and dandy if your dh's drive matches your own, haha. Problem is, the corporation we both work for took a REALLY hard hit in 2008-09 with the recession and there were a LOT of layoffs. I was laid off for 6 months and, because he has lower seniority than me, he was laid off until they added third shift (16 months). This was a major blow to him and really killed his drive since (as we all know) a man's doodad is connected to his wallet in many cases. He has been back to work since April, but he got into a "habit" of rarely wanting sex, as opposed to the 2-3 times a day we did before the layoffs. The depression went away, but the drive did not come back :( Getting him to bd is usually not too hard because he knows I just want him to get it over with and leave me alone so I can put my legs up and read my book, haha. Romance...DEAD...other than our honeymoon back in October and MAYBE once a month otherwise.
After yesterday, things may be changing though. He went to the doctor and he had lost a couple more pounds, his blood pressure was actually normal (first time in a couple years) and he got Chantix to help him quit smoking. He plans on starting an exercise regimen and watching more closely what he eats (I cook fairly healthy, but he has a fastfood things. HAS to have it). He was really excited when he was telling me about his appointment so this may be a move in the right direction :)

~Lisa~

13 years ago

Corvina you cheered me right up! Hope you're getting sorted. Just hard it get it to match. Hopefully you might be there!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo