Community post

Discussion

Sweet mother of God, I've opened a can of worms this time!

After a lot of fruitless months I pop off to see my FS, thinking he would just send me off with a prescription for Clomid. I was very confident, almost telling him how to do his job! CD this and dpo that. I also adopted a very posh accent for this appointment which my DH found utterly embarrassing. Well, long story short, Ive now got to have a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy! DHs sperm has been sent off to quality control and I've had blood and swabs taken.
In the literature for the laparoscopy it says "your abdomen and front passage will be cleaned". WTF! Front passage?! I'll make sure it's clean before I turn up! So I'm a bit nervous and can't believe everythings happened so quickly. At least they will be able to look at everything. They actually tilt the bed so you're slightly upside down and then they flip your bowel out the way! I wish I'd never read up about it!

User Image 16th Sept 2010

3 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi sarahmc,

Well, I've never had it done (going to gyno for "chat" in June), but from what I've read on here, the lap "cleans out the cobwebs." Often women get pregnant after it's done! Good luck! Positive vibes sent your way! (PS lol at the posh accent part! ahhahaha!)

User Image

13 years ago

Hi Sarah,

Did you have the HSG.. usually after the HSG if they see anything "interesting" with your tubes they will do a laparoscopy. Also if you have symptons of Endo. I have Endo and had mine done in December. I was out of the laparoscopy. Assuming same for you?

After I was a little sore due to the stitches but I dont remember being turned upside down or anything.. Thank God. .. LOL

-Hope

13 years ago

well well well you do still exist. lol at least you are getting this stuff done asap. i finally got in for the hsg last week and talk about opening a can of worms, i now know i have hydrosalpinx and the only way to ever have a child is through ivf. i will have to go forsurgery to remove my tubes,so not tubes no natural pregnancy. yet im still waiting for the f.s. to phone me and im beyond a little impatient,and beyond depressed and devestated.. Good luck sarahmc wish you all the best and quit hiding... though i think this is over for me as they don't cover ivf here in canada and i can't afford it.. not liking 2011 so far this has just been way too hard.....

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo