Community post

Discussion

what were your symptoms of PCOS?

just curious.......i'm seeing the doc in Jan

3 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

My first symptom of PCOS was a cyst the size of a grapefruit that twisted. When they removed my ovary and tube, the doctor visualized that my remaining ovary was polycystic. This happened when I was 9.

From 9-13 I had terrible acne. I think I had some male-pattern hair growth as well (along the sideburn area). At about 13, I started having terribly painful periods. The pain was attributed to cysts and, possibly, endometriosis so I was put on birth control pills. The pill took care of all these problems.

I was on the pill for 8 years; I went off the pill in March 2009 and have been TTC since then.

Since then, my symptoms have been very mild break outs and male-pattern hair growth. My main problems are long cycles. They have been 49-90+ days. I have lost 50 pounds and my cycles are shorter now.

I have also had the metabolic problems commonly associated with PCOS. My average glucose (Hemoglobin A1c) is 110 and I have low HDL.

User Image

12 years ago

My symptoms have been very mild and not like the severity of PCOS I'd heard/read so much about..

My symptoms have been that my cycle is 31days with what would be considered late ovulation (ovulation outside of the middle of ones cycle), I have the "string of pearl effect" along the outer ring of my ovaries in ultrasound, and I have weak ovulation which has caused a Luteal Phase Defect..

I didn't experience the missed periods nor irregular cycles, weight gain, hirsutism, or painful ovulation/menses so never knew there was something wrong until I started ATTC.. I also would have never known anything was wrong with my cycle without keeping track of my BBT.. Good luck to you..

12 years ago

thanks so much ladies. I relate more with the "normal periods" but I ovulate very late. I'm averaging 10 days for a luteal phase now.

thank you!

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo