Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

701 - 710 of 713 Replies | Last Page

Hi all-so I've been super MIA!! Our little one is here and will be 4 weeks old on Thursday. Time is going so fast! I started having mild contractions in the middle of the night on Thursday, Sept 7. Went to the hospital around 1 pm Thursday and was already dilated 6 cm. Made it to 9 cm in 2 hours. Got to 9+ and got an epidural (the pain was totally bearable until that point). I pushed for an hour and our sweet girl arrived at 5:58 pm, weighing 6 lbs, 8 oz. She is absolutely perfect in every way!! I'm so thankful for a quick labor, a healthy baby and a quick recovery!! I walked nearly everyday (sometimes twice) during my pregnancy and I'm sure that helped! Hubs asked me if I'd do it all again. I said in a heartbeat...in about 2 years haha ;-) We'll enjoy this LO for now!!

TWW glad you got some good news at your appt-keep us posted on your progress!

6 years ago

Twwtoolong- sounds like everything is rolling:-) hopefully you get answers and get your BFP very soon. I'm glad dh is getting his analysis done. Keep us posted on results.

AFM, I'm 15 weeks and have already gained so much weight lol. I can tell when I go up and down my stairs. I will find out the genders at the end of the month :-) The nausea is improving, I think lol.

Sarah- congrats!!! I'm glad everything was smooth for you and your little one is perfect:-)

6 years ago

tww - hope that schedule picks up for you.

Lucky - that's great! I feel you on the nausea. I'm a little over 8 weeks and the nausea has been unbearable. My RE finally prescribed me zofran so that has toned it down a bit, but from like 5pm on it is just zombie me hanging over a toilet basically. But I wouldn't change it for anything! We paid $40,000 to get to this point after 2 years so I'll suffer through a little nausea to get me something in the end ha

Sarah - So happy for you!! I know having a baby at home can be stressful, but I know you're loving it :)

6 years ago • Post starter

Babybump I felt the same way, wouldn't change it for the world. Hang in there, it will get better. My nausea actually got worse when I hit 11 weeks and just the past few days, minus yesterday, has seemed to be a little better. I'm usually nauseated all day long and constantly have gum or hard candy in my mouth lol. I'm praying this part is almost over.

6 years ago

Thanks ladies! I haven't felt this hopeful in a long time. We are entering our fertile window so will have fun this weekend, and then DH will do his business in the next week or so after that. The Dr. did put us on the wait list for IVF, just in case we need it.
In Canada, 1 round of IVF and all single FET's from that 1st retrieval are covered by our federal health insurance, but there is a wait list and currently the wait is almost a year. The Dr. seemed to think we would be successful before then, but just in case we are on the list, so worse case scenario, if nothing works before that, at least we know in a year that it's an option.

Babybump - I hope you feel better soon and the worst of the nausea will pass in a couple of weeks!

Lucky - with two little beans in there, I can imagine there is some weight gain, hopefully you can stay comfortable for a little while yet and not feel too crowded!

Sarah- How has it been almost a month already! Congrats on your little one. Just awesome that labour and delivery was smooth and relatively short for you!

6 years ago

Hi All,
How is everyone doing? Nausea getting any better Babybump and Luckykap?

I am 6 dpo today and we have finally had a successful investigative cycle!!! PCT was done last weekend and DH's SA was done on Friday. I have to do bloods on Wed to check my progesterone and DH will have his blood test this week and then we meet with our RE next Monday (23rd) to review everything. My beta is actually not until the 24th, but I ovulated a little early this cycle (CD 12), so I expect to start on the 23rd, so it will be great to have a game plan and perhaps start treatment the following month (depending on what the RE recommends).

Fingers crossed we can do something while we are on the wait list for IVF.

6 years ago

I joined recently here and was reading all of your posts I'm only 25 but my dh and I have been ttc since two months the previous cycle we did it in my fertile window just few days before ovulation and this time we did it three days before ovulation and the week before that.the problem is we r in a long distance relationship and Ithink this could be the main reason for not being successful in ttc.today is one DPO and I've been gassy and really tired with my whole body aching and also I noticed white creamy discharge today is this normal .Any opinion regarding this or am I too early

6 years ago

Twwtoolong- I’m glad to hear your testing is almost finished and you’ll soon have answers. Praying everything goes well and you get good news.

AFM, Nausea is still around, hopefully it will be gone soon. Im 17 weeks and get to see my babies today. I find out their genders in 12 days :-)

6 years ago

Thanks Lucky! I am so looking forward to at least having a plan, even if it does come back unexplained!

So close to finding out the genders! That is so exciting!

Rachael, it would be a little early for preg symptoms at 1 dpo, the earliest that little bean would implant and start sending out hormones would be 5-7 dpo (though usually more like 9-11 dpo).
I wouldn't fret too much if you are only 2 cycles, more than likely you will get there in the next couple of months! I think I am the only one left on this board that isn't pregnant yet (though many of us have had to use fertility treatments to get there).

Good luck!

6 years ago

What's wrong with fertility treatments? I have no regrets in having to use ART to get here, so theres no "though some of us have had to". It got to me the point Ive been trying to be at for 2 years and I have no shame about it. If people care that much about what's happening inside my vagina and how it got there then they have other problems they need to deal with.

6 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo