Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

381 - 390 of 713 Replies | Last Page

Hey babybump - I hope you are feeling better! There is so much of this ttc stuff that is just hurry up and wait! lol

The clotting issues didn't start right after stopping the BCP. The first time I really noticed it was just over a year ago (around the same time that I was notified of my B12). Otherwise, my cycles have really regulated in the past 12-14 months - I pretty much always have a 13 day luteal phase with a 13-14 day follicular phase.

When I mentioned the clotting to the nurse at the RE's office, she didn't seem too concerned about it. Who knows! I am giving the baby asprin a whirl for this cycle and we'll see what happens. I won't bother while we are gone and if we are still not pregnant by then, hopefully hubs will be ready to go to back to the clinic!

7 years ago

Hi ladies!! Sorry I've been MIA...wrapping up PhD classes for the semester, teaching a tough group of kiddos (one who I'm certain is ED and probably ODD) and Thanksgiving fun. Additionally, we are currently house hunting so life has been hectic!!

Today I had my HSG. It went well and luckily, VERY VERY minor cramping. Everything looks good-my uterus is normal and my fallopian tubes are open. The right tube had the "wisping" of the dye. The left tube is open, but the dye didn't really wisp/blossom but sort of hung around outside the tube. The doctor (who was AMAZING and so reassuring) said it could just be from a past infection or something like that. Not a cause for concern at all, but she would note it for my RE. I feel really good about the results but obviously will get more information at our follow up appointment. I had a ton of blood work done Nov 8 as well as the vaginal ultrasound and DH had his SA that morning. It's honestly kind of annoying we have to wait to receive ALL the results at our next appointment (TBD). I'm a need-to-know kind of person. I'd rather not be shocked with a ton of news at once-HAHA!!

Even if everything is okay with me, but DH has issues, I think I want to skip right to IVF and not attempt IUI at all. I think I just have my mind made up already

A dear friend from HS just delivered twins-boy and girl-vaginally (WOW!!) at 36 weeks....IVF success story!!! There's hope for us all, ladies Ready for some BFPs and pregnancy announcements soon

7 years ago

Sarah that has to be driving you crazy waiting for the results. My REs office calls when they come in. I don't blame you skipping IUIs and go straight to IVF if needed. I agree there's hope for us all! It's about time we start getting BFPs :-)

7 years ago

Thanks lucky....yeah I'm incredibly annoyed. Not only do they want to discuss everything at once, but I told my nurse I wanted the results sooner. I had to fill out all the HIPAA crap and medical records request. I faxed them to my facility and from there, they send to HealthPort, who pulls the records and is supposed to send electronically. I requested them Nov 22. I called HealthPort today and they have NOTHING on record from us/our facility. Seriously?! That was 9 days ago!! At this point, I contacted my facility to tell them and was like, don't bother...I'm waiting another 2 weeks to get these results AND have to pay to get the records. We'll probably have our follow-up appointment before then anyways!! I REALLY wanted to know his results ahead of time...I would rather be shocked (for better or worse) in small doses, not all at once.

7 years ago

Sarah- I understand completely. It's easier to take in small doses because the appointment in itself is overwhelming and leaves you wondering if you got everything and understood them, let alone talking about the game plan on top of everything else. Hopefully you can get that appointment very soon.

7 years ago

Thanks lucky...we can't move forward until January when my insurance kicks in, but I'm anxious to start what we can. DH deploys in April for 7 months, so I'd like to get a jump on everything in January and also have time to freeze sperm if necessary before he leaves.

I trust the doctor (dubbed "The Baby Whisperer") and I've heard he is REALLY thorough about ordering all the tests so he has a very clear picture of what he's working with; I guess that contributes to his high success rate.

I'm just anxious to move forward or know HOW to move forward :) I'll keep y'all posted!!!

7 years ago

Wow Sarah - that has to be so frustrating!

I am so happy to hear your HSG went well though! It is a lot of hurry up and wait in the babymaking game! I totally understand about being overwhelmed with information. I am so thankful that our clinic reviews our results each visit. Within 5 minutes of my ultrasound, I would talk to the nurse about that days results and my previous visits blood tests. Our clinic made us do a full investigative cycle with US and bloods on CD3, every 2nd day from CD10-confirmation of ovulation and bloods 1 week from ovulation (and a beta 1 week after that, if you make it that far - which I only have once, but was sure it would be a negative, so waited an extra day and AF showed her ugly face). The only info that the RE is sitting on is my AMH (he won't meet with us until DH does his SA, which he is avoiding at the moment - I think that since my results have so far come back clear, he's more concerned about it than he would like to admit). I am really hoping you get answers and are able to get the IVF train rolling if that's what necessary! Keep us posted!

I am in a funny cycle I think. When we were monitoring I would have an LH surge between day 12-13 and ovulate day 13-14. I used my cheapie opks at home when we were doing that so I could know for sure what to look for when we were on our own and what my pattern is. I thought I had ovulated lastnight (pinchy feeling) at CD 13. I decided to just check with an opk and it was barely a positive (the test line was almost as dark as the control). So we BD'd lastnight and had already BD'd the night before, so I thought we were in good shape. Today, I decided I would test out the LH surge, just to be sure, and it was a strong positive, the strongest I have ever seen with these opk's. So it looks like I won't ovulate until tomorrow (cd 15). That is the latest I have ovulated in over 6 months.

It's all a bit odd. This is only my 2nd cycle since starting sythroid and it's the first one that I have tried the baby asprin, so maybe they are taking effect, but I am anticipating at least a 28 day cycle this time around. It's def an odd one!

7 years ago

How is everyone doing?? twwtoolong how did your ovulation go? (lol)

Nothing to report here. Immediately started my new pack of bc pills today so I'm officially skipping AF this week (I think? Isnt that how that works). First official IVF appointment is on Thursday and I'm so looking forward to it!

I'm new to my school this year, so I'm still meeting people and haven't really had anyone to open up to or make friends with. Most of the teachers there (I mean like 13 out of 15) have been there 20+ years so they are already established, but the librarian is young 20's and only been there a couple of years. I got to talking with her and mentioned my husband's cancer diagnosis and she's so easy to talk to, so I mentioned how because of that we looked into fertility things and found out my problems. She immediately came back saying she did the same thing and found out she has PCOS and started telling me all the tests she had and she mentioned the scope test I JUST had done. So I said "Wait..who is your doctor?" and she said my doctor! I'm sooooo happy I found someone who is going through fertiity stuff at the same doctor as me at the same time, and we see each other every day so we promised to keep each other updated. She's the only person at my school who knows I'm doing IVF (and she'll be subbing for me most of those days I do that too) so it's like a load off my shoulders. You ladies are FANTASTIC and I'm so grateful to have you, but I'm also really glad to have someone in person to gush to as well :)

Fill me in ladies, whats going on with you??

7 years ago • Post starter

Babybump- that's great you have someone going to the same doc. A friend I work with is trying for her third and she goes to the same doc as I do. She just had her transfer on Wednesday so we have been doing everything at the same time as well and it does help. I started my period today so will begin my bcp Saturday then have my start cycle appt on Dec 28 and start microdose jan 2:-) it's getting closer, and I'm excited!

7 years ago

babybump, so wonderful having someone in person to talk to! I have 2 coworkers who went thru IUI or IVF (one in the past year), so I understand how invaluable it is to have someone to chat with :)

As for me, my doctor has ordered the varicella titer (no surprise as I've had chicken pox as a kid and shingles last year). He also ordered a hemoglobin electrophoresis. Not sure why. I'm going in tomorrow morning to donate blood ;-)

I'm trying to trust the process and I can schedule our follow up appointment since the HSG is done and I'm doing this bloodwork tmw, so I'm hopeful and anxious for that!!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo