Community post

Discussion

January/February IVF Buddies

I'm having a tough time finding a board for just women going through their IVF cycle, so I figured I would start one!

I'm 27, DH is 29. Due to some of DH's new health problems, we started banking sperm after 3 years ttc (1 year actively trying everything naturally possible) and I had a scope test done and found out my tubes are completely blocked which is our main issue. We're now on the track for IVF as that is the only way we'll be able to get pregnant.

I start Lupron shots January 6th and stim meds will start around the 19th or so. Hoping to do a retrieval end of January and a 5 day transfer the first week of Feb which will give us an October 2017 due date.

Here's hoping it works! This is my first cycle doing IVF so the nerves of giving myself all the shots is starting to get to me! If there are any other women out there within this same calendar time frame, feel free to join me in freaking out :)

56 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 56 Replies | Last Page

Hi, babybump89...
I'm 40 & DH is 38. We married when I was 33, had my daughter at 35. We got pregnant a year later, but MC'd at 9 weeks. We've been trying for another since then w/o any luck. I've done about 5 failed IUI's, one failed IVF cycle in Aug '16 & one failed mini IVF in Nov '16. Currently on full IVF cycle #2 with "extra" stim meds & praying that this one works!!! Our issue is that I'm 40 & my eggs aren't plentiful anymore, so I'm leaving it in God's hands!
Good luck to you in your first IVF cycle. Once you get the hang of the shots, it's no big deal!

7 years ago

Oh wow that is a lot to handle! Have you started your long stim meds yet, how long do you have to do that?

I just had my appointment today and I start my stim meds tomorrow morning, so I'm so interested in the process for other people!

7 years ago • Post starter

I'm on my 11th day of stim meds. Had an OV this am, only 3 follicles :(. I'll do trigger shot 2nite, & egg retrieval on Wed morning. I'll need all luck & prayers anyone can send my way.

Good luck with your cycle, & all the injections (they're really not bad)!!

7 years ago

Good luck with your retrieval Wednesday!

I'm going in for egg retrieval tomorrow morning... this is my first IVF cycle. Our issue is sperm motility, so IVF is our only option. I'm 33 and my husband is 37.

At my last ultrasound (yesterday, the 22nd) the RE said I have about 30 follicles, so fingers crossed. I only did my stim meds (Follistim and Menopur) for 7 days total. Day 8 (yesterday) I did Cetrotide in the morning and triggered last night. I did Lupron/HCG triggers, which are subcutaneous, so I was revved. My husband did all of my injections and I was dreading a muscular trigger.

We're doing a fresh embryo transfer this cycle, tentatively scheduled for Sunday the 29th. Hoping for a sticky little bean and enough to freeze for siblings.

I'm blogging a bit more in depth about my ivf experience (including drugs, doses, etc.) on OurIVFStories[dot]com.

TTC baby #1 via IVF! We're blogging our experience at http://www.OurIVFstories.com/

7 years ago

Luckylady - oh no! It's still possible to have a bunch of eggs in the 3 follicles though. What are they measuring in at?

Taurio - Yay for the retrieval tomorrow! It's my first IVF too, so I'm trying to learn the whole process. I was watching a bunch of videos last night about the trigger shots, mine is the intramuscular that has to be given in the hip/backside (I believe) since it's one of the long needles. 30 follicles is AWESOME! And you got that from only stimming 7-8 days? back when they first gave me my calendar they gave Jan 30 as the retrieval, that will be day 11 of stimming. However if we can do it any earlier that would be perfect for me with taking off work..my days are adding up and people are getting suspicious.
I've been doing all mine own injections, but I warned hubs last night he would have to give me my trigger shot since I probably couldn't reach it. He's not too fond of the idea.

Good luck with the retrievals both of you! Let me know how it goes, I should only be a couple of days behind y'all!

I had my first Ultrasound while on stim meds this morning and they said everything is better than perfect! I have 13 follicles that are between 10.5-14.5, they only expected to get 7-9 TOTAL so I'm already way past what they thought they would get and today was just the first day checking! They told me to keep my same doses and don't come back until Saturday where they're 90% sure they'll tell me to trigger that night for a Monday retrieval!

LuckyLady-- Best wishes for your retrieval in the morning!!

babybump-- good to hear on your progress! Hopefully you can trigger this weekend. :)

My egg retrieval went well this morning; we got 26 eggs. They're worrying I'm at risk of hyperstimulation, so I'm on limited fluids and small high protein meals to hope the swelling goes down. I'm on a steroid and antibiotic starting today for 4 days. Tomorrow I start estrace and progesterone. I have to weigh myself every day until I see them Saturday to make sure I'm not retaining any additional fluid. Saturday we'll do bloodwork and hopefully an embryo transfer Sunday.

TTC baby #1 via IVF! We're blogging our experience at http://www.OurIVFstories.com/

7 years ago

Hey, babybump89 & Taurio23 -
So, retrieval on Wed could've gone better :(. 4 follicles, but only one lonely egg was all they got. I'm so upset, frustrated, but daily reports from my RE is going good, so far...
Doing IM PIO daily now, & it sucks!!! Good luck to you, girls! Baby Dust!!!!

7 years ago

Hey luckylady! I'm sorry retrieval didn't go as well as hoped, but they say it only takes one!! I'm sending hopes for a strong blast and successful transfer!!
I hear you on the progesterone shots... I think the stims were easier for me. My husband is doing them for me, and has been pulling back to check for blood and not seeing any... but still bleeding when he pulls the needle out. I hope we're doing them correctly. Tonight will be 3rd dose, but I've already been having night sweats and a bit of spotting. I'm still pretty bloated, but haven't gained any weight, so I guess I'm good to go for Sunday's transfer. It's scheduled for 11:20am, then I'll probably be cruising the couch for the remainder of the day. Our center doesn't do updates between fertilization and transfer, so I won't know how many embryos made it to blasts until we get there Sunday.
Best wishes to you both for the weekend!! xo

7 years ago

Taurio23 -
Thank you & I pray it's THE one!! Transfer for me is on Monday @ 2pm. Good luck to you on your transfer!!
I agree, stim meds were easier than progesterone shots. PIO IM sucks! Last IVF cycle, I broke out in hives with PIO shots!
Baby Dust to you!!

7 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo