Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

401 - 410 of 713 Replies | Last Page

Oh yes, vaginal it is lol. By the second week of stims I had one everyday and blood work everyday. The gal will definitely have an audience all week lol.

7 years ago

I called the place in NJ that my doctor called my stuff into and good news is - they had it! But they said since the follistim has to be refridgerated they have to overnight it and they only do that on weekdays, so it will be next week before they ship it to me.

I also gave them my prescription insurance card, which surprisingly my insurance has actually been covering a little bit of everything and the prescription part has covered 100% so far, so Im HOPING it covers a little of this. They didnt give me a total, they were going to file the insurance and call me back on Monday. Luckykap, give me a heads up. What should I prepare for on just 1 hit here? lol The full $5k max at once?

7 years ago • Post starter

That would be awesome if your insurance pays for some. My first round was $4500 and the second was about the same. It's a crazy amount for 10-14 days worth meds lol.

7 years ago

Hi Ladies! I am jsut getting caught up on todays and yesterdays news! It's so exciting that you two are gearing up for a cycle! Keep us posted on how it's going!

Babybump - you weren't far off, I am 13 dpo today! I was supposed to start AF today, but so fair she hasn't shown up!

I did test yesterday with an internet cheapie. If there was a line it was a real squinter. I didn't bother to test today, but will in the am if AF still hasn't shown! I kinda just have a feeling we are out this cycle - but I rarely ever make it to 14 dpo, so we'll see. Thankfully this tww has been a breeze between holiday preparations and final exam marking, I've been occupied!

I'll keep you posted! Fingers crossed for a Christmas miracle!

7 years ago

twwtoolong that's exciting! We need some good news around here and how FANTASTIC would it be if it happened for you now!! Definitely test in the morning and let us know! :)

The pharmacy called back. They weren't getting any hits with the insurance card, said they would try again, but it looks like it will be all me and the total was $5,778. YIKES. YIKES. and did I mention, YIKES?? The girl on the phone was even telling me like "It's...a lot. You know, you could jsut get some of it now and pay for it, then get the rest at another time. That way you dont have to pay for it all at once." but uh...I kind of need it all! UGH.

They did mention what all it was though. It was the 3 meds I mentioned plus 1 other one I didnt catch, and then valium which I remember him telling me he was going to give me when they did the transfer because it softens the uterus or something and makes it more accepting of embryos. So I guess this is just EVERYTHING medicine wise. But still. Ugh.

THIS BETTER LEAD TO A BABY

Ouch Babybump! It's such an investment - I am so hopeful for you two! Just think you might be getting your BFP in a few weeks!!

We may have to wait until then fo rgood news though - AF showed up overnight - SIGH - so unfortunately no BFP for me for Christmas. It was a full 28 day cycle though, which with my age, I'll take as a win. My cycles before the synthroid (but after my B12 was corrected) used to be around 26-27 days. I did ovulate a little later this month (CD 15 instead of 13 or 14) and still had a 13 day luteal phase. Hopefully this means that the synthroid and Co-Q 10 are doing thier thing and maybe developing a larger follicle (mine were sometimes on the lower side of size 17-19mm instead of 20-21mm).

Hubs is getting closer to being ready to go in and getting checked. I am hoping in the New Year when we are back from our travels we can start anew and get the full picture of whats happening. I might just cycle monitor anyways to see if we can detect a change in my cylcles now with the meds and supplements.

My next fertile window is literally from Christmas Eve to my Hubbys Bday on the 28th - and we are staying with our folks the entire time. So I tihnk it's an official holiday break for me. Bring on the Bailey's and Eggnog! lol

7 years ago

Babybump- YIKES!!!! The lupron is probably the most expensive since your taking it for a couple weeks before stimming..OUCH!!! Your right when you say it better lead to s baby! Is progesterone the last med? That's the intramuscular injection but I know some people take the suppositories. Anyway, it's getting closer, how exciting!

Twwtoolong- darn AF! Was hoping you would get that bfp for Christmas. My cycle after I started taking the supplements went to 30 days and then this last cycle was 25 days so I don't know what my body is doing. I did get some blood work done and in July my AMH was .7 and Thursday I found out it is up to 1.49, which gives me so much more hope. They say AMH doesn't really change, but mine almost doubled. It has to be the supplements because I haven't changed anything else. Im glad DH is getting on board with you! It will be nice to have the full picture of what's going on and then you will have a plan of action :-)

7 years ago

Sorry I haven't posted in here ladies! Not much to update, I'm on my 4 day break from BC pills and start back with them today. All of my meds came in - it was a MOTHERLOAD. Still on track to start Lupron shots on Jan 6!

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas/Happy Hannakuh/Joyful Kwanzaa/whatever you celebrate! Let's put baby making in the back of our minds while we celebrate, it may help :)

Hi ladies.....wow, good luck with gearing up for the cycles!! I hope everyone gets a BFP in the new year!!

DH and I FINALLY had our followup appointment. Everything checks out great with him-lots of very healthy sperm-YAY!!

As I suspected, I have PCOS so I don't have an egg maturing and releasing each month. I'm hypothetically expecting AF any day now (damn irregular AFs!!). I'm currently CD 35 (longest I've gone is 43). Once AF shows, I'll take Letrozole CD 3-7 to stimulate and mature an egg and start OPKs around CD 10. Once I detect a surge, we are good to go with timed intercourse! If AF doesn't show, I can do Provera again, but will have to do bloodwork, wait for the bloodwork, take Provera for 10 days and wait a week for AF. So at this point, it makes more sense to wait (and faster, hopefully!)

I'm hoping this is all it takes and we are pregnant soon. If I'm not pregnant by Feb. DH will start freezing sperm, so I can continue with IUI, since he'll be deployed April 1-end of Nov.

Fingers crossed!!!!

7 years ago

It feels like I was just sucker punched in the gut. I've spent all day with my husband's family, his parents and his sister/husband and their 2 year old son. Me and the kid have been best friends all day, hugs - kisses - playing etc We all sat down to open gifts, and his sister sent the little boy over to "show us his new book" that was titled "I Am A Big Brother". I had the worst reaction. I dropped my jaw. Smiled. Immediately teared up, stood up, and left the room. In the middle of presents, I just walked out because I was about to break down in front of his whole family.

His sister isnt aware of our conceiving problems, but his parents are. I don't think anyone noticed why I left, my husband definitely did, but I went to the bathroom for about 10 minutes to try to dry out before going back out and finishing presents. We finished, and I excused myself to the guest house where I am now a blubbering mess.

It was such an inappropriate reaction from me, I know. I just wish I had some un-audience warning of it. It hurt, a lot. Its like the wave of emotions ive been dealing with just all hit me at once. I tried to smile my way through the rest of the Christmas festivities, but it was like an outer body experience, my ears were all muffled and I was just forcing smiles to make it through.

Infertility sucks.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo