Community post

Discussion

Itchy Skin

View Full Post

Hi all. I am new to the site and come all the way from South Africa :-)

Just a quick question please:

I am currently 9dpo and since around days 6/7 past ovulation I have had itchy skin - legs, arms, face, hands, scalp.

There is not too much info available on this being a symptom so early on but it does appear to pop up on a few threads & I have not had this before.

4th month TTC now.

Does anyone have any ideas on this subject or have had this happen to them?

Thanks again.

64 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

51 - 60 of 64 Replies | Last Page

Hi Kerzie. Thanks for the kind words and tips xx

I will def post a scan ... My appointment is only on 1st March.

Please keep me updated on how you're getting on

8 years ago • Post starter

Hi Jandei,

Sounds like you are both healthy and it's just a matter of time now I'm sure. You're ovulating every month so it'll happen.

Do you take any vitamins / folic acid?

Hahaha I remember saying to a friend the other day "I just want to feel nausea"

I am going to two baby showers this weekend ... My sister in law is due next month. So I'll get some "tips" this weekend.

Her due date has been moved up two weeks as she's having a c sec. In South Africa most babies are delivered this way ... Maybe 70% / 80% in private hospitals ... Public hospitals not so much unless absolutely necessary. (Obviously the price factor)

My son was born via c sec 6 years ago too. There were 40 news moms that week in my hospital ... 38 c sec and only 2 natural.

I'd love to visit Chicago someday ... On my "bucket list"

That's an interesting story. So do I understand correctly - public hospitals are more expensive than private? It's not like this here. It really all depends on what type of insurance you have and what network the hospital is in etc.

This is so nice that you are going to these baby showers now. Perfect timing for that bfp

I am taking prescribed prenatals called CintaNatal 90. They have most of the necessary vitamins + folic acid. I also started taking vitex which is an herb that hopefully will help me with regulating my cycles and prevent spotting in the lp. Drinking red rasberry leaf tea as well this month. Just waiting now to see if it helps. Most importantly I doing everything I can to stay positive.

Lots of fun things to do in Chicago. Many great restaurants, cafes, theaters, a large music scene and just over all really fun. When I first moved here (lived in Florida before) I was so surprised when I went to the beach down town in the city. You have all these sky scrapers on one side of the freeway and people laying out on the beach on the other. Different but it's nice to see right in smack middle of the city.

8 years ago

Hello,

Yes the private hospitals are more costly than the public (government) ones.

In South Africa it is imperative that you have medical aid insurance as you really don't want to land up at a government hospital. They are largely over crowded and under staffed.

Medical care at a government facility is most often free and private hospitals are not - you need to pay private rates yourself and they are VERY expensive. Sadly, not many people can afford medical insurance.

When given the choice it seems that most people are going the elective C-Sec route here now.... but I think the doctors also recommend it as they say less things can go wrong and it saves them lots of time between deliveries.

I was advised to have a C Sec as they said my son's head was too big ha-ha.

OR ... Maybe we are just "babies" over here and don't like to push LOL.

It is personal preference I suppose but it is nice to actually be given the option.

I am sending you OODLES & OODLES of baby dust and positive vibes !! Let me know how you get on please.

xxx

That's funny what you said "we're just babies and don't like to push" lol I say that's super brave!

Thank you for your kind words. I am planning on testing in a few days so will let you know how it goes (biting my nails) Enjoy this wonderful time and the baby showers!

8 years ago

Jandei,
Have you looked into progesterone for the spotting during the luteal phase? You can get the cream without a prescription. Just a thought, it's good to have options xx
Babyhopes,
Enjoy the baby showers, it will soon be your turn xx

8 years ago

Kerzie I thought about it. I asked my obgyn for a progesterone test to see if this was my issue. After she refused I went with vitex. I have to say I'm on cd22 and didn't spot yet so I'm hopeful it's working. I O'ed later than normal so maybe too soon to tell yet

How are you feeling? When do you plan on testing? I was talking earlier with a member who is TTC for #11 and asked for her "secrects" and when was the soonest she got a bfp. She said as early as 7dpo

8 years ago

I tested this morning xx

8 years ago

Might still be too early though ... How many dpo are you?

How is the itching therose?

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo