Community post

Discussion

Itchy Skin

View Full Post

Hi all. I am new to the site and come all the way from South Africa :-)

Just a quick question please:

I am currently 9dpo and since around days 6/7 past ovulation I have had itchy skin - legs, arms, face, hands, scalp.

There is not too much info available on this being a symptom so early on but it does appear to pop up on a few threads & I have not had this before.

4th month TTC now.

Does anyone have any ideas on this subject or have had this happen to them?

Thanks again.

64 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

41 - 50 of 64 Replies | Last Page

I think ve figured it out why I'm in so much pain with my itching. I'm at the doctors next week and I think I maybe allergic to asprin ???????????????? xx. It's strange tho cause when I was on it last time with my pregnancy I was fine but this time it's a killer xx

8 years ago

Have you developed a rash?

8 years ago • Post starter

The way I'm scratching it ends up like that xx

8 years ago

Mmmmm... my money is still on a BFP.

I'm gonna stop taking the asprin and see if it stops xx

8 years ago

Babyhopes - Thank you. I didn't realize that could be a symptom either. Today the stiffness/pain is completely gone but yesterday it was exactly as you described.

As far as TTC we've been at it for 8 months. Prior to that we had 2 years of unprotected sex so it's been awhile. I've never been pregnant and it's just not as easy as we expected lol. I keep telling my husband when we're finally blessed with our precious gift it'll be that much more.

How are you doing today? Thank you so much for sharing your symptoms as they come and again

8 years ago

Therose ... Good idea. Let me know how you get it

Hello Jandei,

Good to hear from you!!

I went to see a Gynae here last month and he said it takes healthy couples on average 9 months to conceive so I think you're right we believe it's so easy when in reality it's quite the opposite.

A friend of mine has been trying for 3 years and just had twins ... IVF third round.

Another friend of mine waited 13 years after being told she would never conceive and surprise she was preggo. So I think it happens when we least expect it.

My neck pain and itching have slowed down now and not as bad but it's been replaced with hot flushes / dizzy spells and a tiny bit of "sea sickness" LOL

On Tuesday when I first found out I was pregnantb(10dpo) I had my hcg levels checked with a blood test and was concerned the level was only 21. Today at my follow up its sitting at 53,4 so I'm very relieved. (12dpo)

Have you and DH done any of the routine tests as yet?

I had to be given clomid as I don't ovulate on my own and used OPK to tell me when I was ovulating. I call this "the miracle drug" as I've conceived twice within 3 months using it.

Where about are you on the globe? I'm faaaaar away in South Africa

Xx

Hi babyhopes,
The flushes really are a pain in the ass, especially when you have the weather to contend with.
Keep up with the b6 as it can help with morning sickness, also ginger helps to settle the stomach. Take small meals regular to keep your blood sugar level. Sickness is a good sign as it means your progesterone is increasing.
So glad things are going well and you are finally able to relax and enjoy producing a new life. You have to post a scan photo when you get it done.
It's all so exciting xxx

8 years ago

babyhopes that is wonderful you are doing well. As I'm writing I have this big smile on my face for you! I think this is the only time in our lives when hot flashes, dizziness and all the other symptoms (as uncomfrotable as they are) are still exciting :) as funny as it sounds I'm looking forward to them lol

Thank you for the encouraging stories. We did get tested. I had my hormones checked, had an ultrasound and a sonohesterogram done. Hubby had a semen analysis. Everything seems to be great with us so hopefully it's just a matter of time

I'm here in Chicago, Illinois. I love these forums how everyone from all over the world can support each other.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo