Community post

Discussion

Endo... When to seek help?

I could really use some help, and advice...

I will take a moment to tell you about my history. Since I was 14, I've had heavy, painful, irregular periods. I went on birth control pills at 18, and got an iud at 25. The iud was the best! In January of 2014, at the age of 29, I went to the hospital in severe pain. I ended up having emergency surgery to have a 6cm endometrioma removed from my left ovary, and was formally diagnosed with endometriosis. Since then, I've had a few functional cysts that have disappeared on their own. I got married in November 2014, and finally convinced my husband to start trying, and had my iud removed in May 2015. Since having my iud removed, my periods have been super painful. My cycles are generally 27 days, with some random 24-25 day cycles. Ovulation is painful too. I've been religious about taking prenatal vitamins with fish oil, and co-q-10. I also recently started baby aspirin, and have taken mucinex around ovulation.

In November (this past month), I got a faint positive! On four tests! Then my period-very heavy, very painful, very long- started. Ugh! Chemical pregnancy!

I was so upset that we took a month off of officially trying. Then... A couple weeks ago... My period was late! Oh joy! One day late! Then two, then three... Then it started. Damn it all. I have never had a cycle longer than 28 days then I get one that's 31 days? Wtf?

So now I'm wondering... I'm 31, have endometrosis, have been trying for like 7 months, and have an already damaged ovary... When should I seek out help? When talking with my doctor after surgery, she said, "don't you worry, we will get you pregnant somehow. We have lots of treatments available." When should I go in for help?

1 Reply • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi....I also have enodometriosis (I also had most of my left ovary removed due to a cyst), we have been trying for 2 years and have had two miscarriages (possibly three). When I've discussed this with my doctor he isn't concerned since I am getting pregnant within a year. I had a ferility work up and everything is normal. I've talked to another doctor who also thinks it will eventually happen, and gave me the same answer. I've been told it's just bad luck that I've miscarried. I should also mention I will be 34 in March and feel like we're running out of time....
My doctor also said since I'm ovulating he won't give me Clomid or anything. It eased my mind a bit to have blood work done to check my hormones, and any blood disorders that can cause a miscarriage. I was really unsure what to do, so we decided on the blood work for now.....if we don't get pregnant by next July we will probably look into seeing a fertility doctor at that point. Have you had any labs done yet?
I know how you are feeling, I am unsure of which direction to take, and worry I am wasting time not doing anything. Esp having endometriosis as the only way to know what is going on is to have surgery. It's so frustrating! I had a laproscopy 3 years ago and dread ever getting it done again. I was a stage 3 when diagnosed so I am fearful it's gotten worse and is the reason I'm not able to sustain a pregnancy.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo