Community post

Discussion

Making myself crazy looking at these :/

So I'm 14 days post my estimated ovulation date....for about the last 8 days, I have been nauseate, lower abdominal twinges, sensitive to smells...but the last 2 days...my breasts have been super sensitive, tender, and feel heavy.... and probably tmi but I have been insatiable when it comes to my dear old hubby...which normally around this time of the month I have zero interest in him....and I feel crampy in my thighs and lower belly, where as normally before aunt flow...I get back cramps and my whole legs just ache....I am expecting aunt flow between the 19th and 21st....
so hubby talked me into a test because he just "feels" im pregnant....so I took a EPT, and it was negative....but im not spotting or having any of my usual pre-pms symptoms....so now im disheartened, and DH is saying he feels like its a false negative and wants me to re-test later....I do know my sister with both her pregnancies didn't get a positive home pregnancy test until she was 9 or 10 weeks....same with my mom on her last 2 pregnancies....
so please tell me...anyone else here in the same boat....am I out, reading too much into my morning sickness, or did I get a false negative and keep retesting until I either get a positive or aunt flow shows up....
Its weird I never paid much attention to symptoms like this but now that we are trying I over analyze everything

15 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 15 Replies | Last Page

I am in the same boat, right down to the insistent husband. I've had twinges, pokes and pressure since 4 dpo, and I'm at 10 dpo. Yesterday and today I've had more intense cramps and some nausea.

I've taken two hpts today and both bfn (although this morning's test had a light line but I'm hearing the curved handle frer gives false postives).

Fx for you!

TTC for 1 yr 10 months 8/13 - cp 9/13 - cp 10/13 - dx with rt FT blockage + fibroids; surgery (ligation) suggested 11/13 - declined other fertility treatments 6/14 - cycle with clomid + trigger shot - bfn 11/14 - considering more txts

8 years ago

You aren't crazy, you are still early and a lot of people do not test positive until they miss their period. If you are testing early, I would make sure you test with first urine if you are testing early, plus if you have diluted urine you could receive a negative result. Do you know how sensitive the test you used was?

Brittanie Mommy to Damian Lee, passed at 18 weeks, born 06/2012 Two more -Taking vitamins for MTHFR, removed uterine septum, steering clear of drunk drivers, & desperately hoping this next one will be my rainbow baby. PRAYING for all of you to get !

8 years ago

not sure it was one of the early response ones...ill have to look at the box.....
im glad im not crazy....ill just wait a few days and test again....
the test was an ept early response digital....

8 years ago • Post starter

Others can back me up but as understand it digitals are generally less sensitive. I would trust it close to af or after a missed af but before try a frer. I did hear that the cb digital advanced with the date detector (1-2 weeks, etc) is sensitive though, if you want a digital.

TTC for 1 yr 10 months 8/13 - cp 9/13 - cp 10/13 - dx with rt FT blockage + fibroids; surgery (ligation) suggested 11/13 - declined other fertility treatments 6/14 - cycle with clomid + trigger shot - bfn 11/14 - considering more txts

8 years ago

thanks we are just into ttc....so a lot of this I don't know....I just thought the digital would be easier to read and make less mistakes...since they were more expensive....lol guess I need to do more research...

GL to you on your journey! Sending lots of positive energy your way!

Ah, the expensive of HPTs... it depends on how crazy you are when it comes to testing. I am particularly bad with testing quite often. Some tests are def more sensitive than others. I think a lot of people save the digital to confirm a non-digital test, but digitals are slightly less sensitive (that I've read). Of course you're right, you don't have to try to interpret any lines and have evap lines to deal with.

If you order ICs (internet cheapies), you might be pleasantly surprised with their sensitivity, price and lack of evap lines. I think I got like a pack of 50 wondfo opks with 10 hpts for like $20, but you can get 50 hpts for $19.

AF is due around the same time for me; stay strong!

8 years ago

did you get a bfp yet with first urine?

Brittanie Mommy to Damian Lee, passed at 18 weeks, born 06/2012 Two more -Taking vitamins for MTHFR, removed uterine septum, steering clear of drunk drivers, & desperately hoping this next one will be my rainbow baby. PRAYING for all of you to get !

8 years ago

hmmm...maybe ill have to check out internet cheapy tests....I have this sneaking suspicion that I may end up being a frequent tester....I didn't know there was really a difference in sensitivity....
and I actually haven't tested again yet....to nervous....plus I was too sick to even think about it after 20 minutes of dry heaving trying to get ready for a short shift at work....I still have absolutely no symptoms of aunt flow....
still sick in the mornings....although today I developed a batcrap crazy craving for eggs....which I normally detest....but this afternoon when I could finally eat....DH freaked out and wanted to know when he could tell people I was pregnant as I made a GINORMUS omelet and proceeded to devour it like it was the first food id eaten in days....plus I have had a mad obsession with ice....which happens to me from time to time as I struggle with anemia....
I just cant talk myself into testing again....afraid of seeing more negatives....but then I worry about having a false negative when I work as a nurse on an oncology floor.....
how often do you guys test?? I expect my period anytime now but I'm usually miserable for about 4 days before....
ugh this makes me overthink things soo much...(like am I really experiencing or is this just wishful thinking)

I test all the time for I'm used to the negative results haha! I start pretty early and test up to my missed period. I start with the cheap ones then as I get closer to my missed period I will go buy first response. Testing all the time isn't for everyone though. You might have to wait until you know you are late then see. Keep us updated!

8 years ago

I had to recheck and make sure I hadn't posted this ;) you sound EXACTLY like me! I'm 15 dpo today, extremely sore boobs, absolutely exhausted for the last week, headaches... you name it, I basically have the symptom, and my hubby is convinced I am pregnant - however, 2 pregnancy tests say otherwise. Not sure what to do...

8 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo