Community post

Discussion

How did you decide it was time to take a break

So I told DH that this month if I'm not pg that I wanted to take atleast the month of august off. We just hit our 2 year ttc mark in July, which was also our 4th mo of Clomid. I'm due for AF today trying to psych myself up to either have AF rear her ugly head or test, I feel like my body could go either way at this point. But I am struggling with the decision to take a break....
I keep thinking what if that would have been the month it worked, but I am so tired, and sick of obsessing over every symptom every month, buuuutttt I want it soo bad that I don't know if I can say done for a month or two....tell me your stories of breaks....any advice if we do...

3 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I have been in the same boat ttc almost 8 years but only found the right doctor this year that found the problem and fixed my septate uterus and even though we have only completed our third medicated cycle and going on our fourth I questioned a break immensely.
Only decided yesterday that I would go in for baseline scan and go through with cycle for today. We decided that if another failed cycle we are definitely taking a break next month the hormones and scan and tww gets too much and I must say I feel relieved for just making the decision. I just want one normal month!!!
No one can advise you wether its right or wrong I just know I feel its time for a break and by just making the decision I feel empowered, relieved and relaxed.

6 years ago

Thank you for replying...im currently late and still BFN on HPT, started spotting off and on today....this is so far from my normal cycle its unreal....hubby is concerned its the stress and the clomid....he wants to try a few months drug free and see what happens....
I told DH this morning when I found the spotting that I for sure wanted to not be as aggressive as we are right now for atleast one month...and you are right...the boulder that has been sitting in my stomach feels like it is gone....
So I think we are just taking a full on break this month....no tracking, no testing no pills outside of my prenatal vitamins (I work in healthcare so my poor finger nails need all the help they can get lol)...and just breathe....I want to enjoy sex again not feel like I'm on a time table for atleast one month...
plan now is 1 month no trying at all...and then we will go from there....I know my body is looking forward to the break from drugs and ultrasounds, appointments and looks of pity....
we are taking our marriage back this month and whatever happens happens at this point ill address it again in September...

6 years ago • Post starter

I am happy for you !
Enjoy your off months just enjoy tour hubby again.
We should all listen to our bodies.
I hope you have a fantastic normal month and that you make time to have loads of fun together!
Looking forward to mine too!

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo