Community post

Discussion

Progesterone to Jumpstart a Period

Hi, ladies. I'm on CD49 and the doctor called to say I am not pregnant and all my levels (thyroid, kidney, white blood cells, etc.) are all great so she prescribed my progesterone to Jumpstart my period. I have always had long, irregular cycles but this is a new one and it concerns me. After the week or two to start and finish my period, will I still ovulate (I haven't missed an ovulation since we started TTC) normally? Can I still have hope of conceiving soon? Has anyone been thru anything similar??

User Image

4 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Being put on progesterone or some sort of birth control pill is quite common to help bring on a period. For those with super long, irregular, impossible-to-predict cycles, bcp can be a lifesaver because it lets you start with a clean slate, so to speak. How long were you prescribed progesterone for? Were you also prescribed clomid?

Me (29) Hubby (35) PCOS Mommy to Miss I (2009), Miss P (2014), and now trying for our third. Can't wait to see a soon!

8 years ago

I was only on Progesterone for a week to get my period rather than for fertility (I haven't been trying long enough for help). I have never had Clomid or anything else.

User Image

8 years ago • Post starter

Oh ok, that's too bad your doctor didn't just give you clomid anyway. Maybe the progesterone alone will be enough to jumpstart your cycle like you say and hopefully ovulation will follow shortly after. Best of luck.

Me (29) Hubby (35) PCOS Mommy to Miss I (2009), Miss P (2014), and now trying for our third. Can't wait to see a soon!

8 years ago

Well it did help, I suppose, it was last cycle and now I've gotten my bfp. :-)

User Image

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo