Community post

Discussion

Beyond Ready for an August Baby

View Full Post

Here is the August board...it's listed under TTC My First but I know we have many members trying for another. Wish there were more options..

719 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

91 - 100 of 719 Replies | Last Page

Same here Penny! Prenatals, vitamin d n folic acid i have been taking for years n stopped everything else
I do take wheatgrass powder which per fertility nurse it is really good.
I love supplements but in my case was hurting more than helping.

Afm, cd2 after a chemical pregnancy is still no fun. Very heavy bleeding but the time between pads have spaced out more.

I felt less nauseous today than friday and Saturday so my hormones are going down. Im curious to find out what levels of hcg were on Saturday.
Glad that the doctor on call made sure to put a request for my rogham shot since im rh negative. I was freaking out since my urgent care didnt carry the antigen there.

Physically im recovering. Mentally n emotionally im fighting between being confused for another loss n being positive since i caught the egg.
Im trying to remain positive n hopeful that i still have a good eggie and it will happen for me too!!!
Pls keep me in your prayers!!! We are a powerful group of women. And we dont give up.

DD's 5 and 6 missed miscarriage - angel baby may/2013 chemical pregnancy - november/2013 TTC#3 Me:38 DH: 56

10 years ago

Hello, Ladies! I was shopping on Amazon tonight and noticed a great deal on Clearblue Digital Ovulation Tests. It's the 20 pack for around $16.00!! For anyone who's interested, here's the link!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VLYAOI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

TTC #1 since Oct 2012 Me - 27, DH - 29 I have a bicornuate uterus. PREGNANT!! EDD 9/24/2014 User Image

10 years ago

SMC, I'm sorry the witch got you and you are feeling so run down. The pregnancy announcements from friends and family are killing me. Our time will come for sure!

Rebecca, thanks AF is calming down now. Hopefully she is on her way out. I really hope that you can relax a bit this tww and praying you get your BFP.

GVMDL, been thinking about you and glad to hear things are subsiding a little bit. Big hugs. I am sending prayers and baby dust your way.

LuckyDuck, thank you for sharing that link... what a great deal.

AFM, CD 4 and AF (I hope) is on her way out the door. Good riddens... you are not welcome here until August 2014! I have made a decision about our future in TTC. I start my shots on Wednesday and will trigger (granted the u/s says we are ready) next Sunday or Monday. We are praying that this is going to be it for us. If its not however, then I will be stopping the TTC journey for at least 4 months. It may be longer than that and it may be that we decide to not continue at all. It has taken a toll on my mind, body and my heart (emotionally). I'm ready to get back to the gym which is something we stopped doing after the 2nd m/c and never got back to it because we were doing all the fertility stuff. That is where we are at. Over 3 years of TTC, 3 m/c and thousands upon thousands of dollars spent, I really feel like it may just not be in the plan for us.

User Image User Image

10 years ago

good luck with the this cycle Cristi! i really hope it it the one you get your sticky bean and healthy baby.

AFM, i am trying not to obsess this cycle and trying to do things to keep my mind off of ttc.

ttc since August 2012 diagnosed with PCOS January 2013 failed IVF with 2 embryos May 2014 FET with 3 embryos August 2014, Successful!! confirmed ectopic on 9/24/14 taking a break from ttc and pursuing adoption homestudy ready 1/8/15, waiting for the call that will make us a family!

10 years ago

Hi, this is my first time posting. Me (32) and the boyf (36) have been trying since May 2013. I have since been pregnant twice (CP in july and early miscarriage in August). Had to have anti-d shot after the miscarriage at only 7 weeks as my gyno had forgotten to test my blood group the first time around. We are trying again and today is 1 dpo. Would like to have some cycle buddies this time or find someone with a similar experience. I don't chart, just symptom spot and have been very fertile so far, just bad luck staying pregnant :(

I only take evening primrose oil from cd1 until ovulation. I can tell when i ovulate (usually early 10-12 ) because of abundant cm and high sex drive. I'm also taking folic acid every day. My doc checked progesterone and it's fine but did have a go at me for walking and cycling during my holiday in August leading up to miscarriage.

I want to get pregnant again but really scared i'll lose it again. Also the idea of complete bed rest during first few weeks is daunting (i'm very active) but I'm williing to do it even though i know it will make me go insane and all i will think about is whether the baby is sticking ok...

Good luck ladies and any advice will be greatly appreciated.xx

10 years ago

Hey ladies, officially I am on the July board still as I'm cd41 and no signs of AF appearing yet. According to the calculator on here, my average cycle is 29 days so a few days over haha. August was a 42 day cycle hence why I'm still waiting it out and not tested.

For those who don't know me, I'm 26, DF is 27 and we've been TTC since march 2012. Was diagnosed with possible PCOS in August but before I can be prescribed clomid to help ovulation, I need to lose 30lbs so am dieting but with a medication to control my RA increasing my appetite, it is hard but I'm down 6lbs so far :)

10 years ago

Oh wow, so much has happened since last week... Been kind of MIA this weekend, but trying to catch up on everyone now..

Welcome new people! You have found an awesome forum! :)

@GV: I am soooooooooo sorry about your CP!! I completely understand. I just had an early miscarriage last month and it is devastating. It's great to see you looking at the positive side though and knowing you caught the egg!! FX'd for you this cycle!!

@LuckyDuckKara: Sorry that AF got you!! FX'd for you for an August baby!!

@Cristi: Sorry AF was brutal, but glad she is heading out now!! :) Fx'd for you!! :)

Sorry for anyone else I missed!!!!

10 years ago

Hello my beautiful ladies!

GVM-My heart goes out to you. I am sending you and Keep looking at that bright side though, you did catch the egg. That doc is already wrong, so he will be wrong when you get your healthy, sticky baby!

Welcome to the new posters! This is such a great forum of lovely and supportive ladies!

AFM- I am still following all of you and waiting on the slew of BFP's that will happen this month. Can't wait for some August babies!

User Image User Image

10 years ago

Hi ladies,
I have been off and on these forums a bit.
I am CD2 today.
We have been trying officially since Christmas last year.

This last cycle just crushed me.
My lady boss had her baby Saturday, and she is pushing 40.
It took them about a year of casually trying.

And here I am, just turned 30, and have been actively trying for almost a year. And nothing.

Whatever we have been doing isn't working, which made me go back and start analyzing my cycles again and doing more research.
Something has to be wrong...but it just can't be us.
It just can't. I don't have any intuitions that we are broken, but we ARE missing something.

I have been taking a daily Prenatal vitamin for over a year.
At first, I thought my luteal phase was too short, so I started taking an add'l 100mg of B6 daily.
My cm has always been rather scant, and for a few cycles, we used PreSeed, but I always thought it was too slippery...too much. We never used the full dosage.
Plus, there is just nothing sexy about filling yourself with a vile of lube and then attempting to get in the mood.

Then...I revisited EPO a couple of cycles ago.
This has helped tremendously with increasing my natural fluids. I take it twice a day until O.

Also? I was temping.
Temping, in comparison to when I have fertile cm...is off.

And this is where I am starting to question what's right.
My gyno said with a cycle like mine, averaging 24 days, she wouldn't be surprised if I was ovulating earlier than I thought.

My fertile days using cm as an indicator have been roughly CD 6-10 or 11.
But my temp would do something wonky.
It would spike the day after my last EWCM, then the next day drop back down, then rise again and stay up.

So of course I'm thinking....I must be ovulating later than I thought. And after months of hitting this timing "correctly" I still have come up empty handed.

After doing more research, I think I am realizing that I am "probably" ovulating the last peak day of fertile cm...but my body is responding more slowly to the rise in progesterone, making my temp spike take longer.

This doesn't mean I have an issue with progesterone, it just means I handle it differently.
And based on the research I have found.....it's all that uncommon.

So what does that mean?
It means we are getting busy earlier this cycle, and more often. Every other day starting CD6 through CD14.

I want a summer baby so bad. I would literally wrangle the Hubs into submission to make it happen this month.

I just know we need to start earlier.
It all makes sense now.
Hopefully.

Bedding starts in T-Minus 4 days and I WILL have an August baby, damnit!! :)

and FOLLOW MY JOURNEY! http://www.handsonpantsoff.com/

10 years ago

@tgpreg

Have you tried taking Evening Primrose Oil from CD1 until halfway into your cycle?

It might help with the CM plus it levels your hormones out (apparently) Does anyone else have any experience with taking EPO?

IGNORE ME - I JUST REREAD YOUR POST d'oh!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo