Community post

Discussion

Help... first time using opk.

K, this will be cycle 6 ttc. previously I have only checked dates, paid attention to cm and cp and usually get the obvious ewcm and o pains so mostly out of curiosity as to whether I am actually ovulating or not I am using an opk. I also started my cycle with soy isoflavones cd1-cd5. I am on cd10 and have ewcm cervix is high, soft and open but getting faint line on opk, also the lines have been getting fainter every day for the past 3 days??? I really just dont know what I should be looking for other than the dark line and would love any help and info. Experienced with opk, will you get all the ewcm soft open cervix signs for a while before the dark line or am I possibly just not dropping an egg?

User Image User Image

68 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 68 Replies | Last Page

Hey i've been using OPK's forever and they have always worked for me. Although even if you do get your + doesn't mean you ovulate boo! I think your doing all the right things by checking your CM i don't personally check my cervix i just go off my CM and OPK's. What normally happens to me in my cycle is when i eventually get a + i then follow with EWCM. With OPK's you need your test line as strong as the control line or even stronger then you know you've found your LH surge. It's so difficult and each woman is so different. I am currently using Soy isoflavones 100mg from Day 3-7 and this is my first month as my cycle has decided to become a little weird! Do you have an average 28 day cycle? I know from past experience i never got a + until around cycle 14/15/16 it varied and mine was always a 28 day cycle. Just keep testing everyday until you find your surge. Hope this helped? and have lots of and then hopefully you'll have a

Jodie x

12 years ago

Hi there! I just wanted to throw out a word of caution about the soy b/c I literally just talked about it with my doc on Tues. For some people who have long or irregular cycles, it can help. But for people who have regular schedules, it can mess your cycle up.

it's really something I would only try when you're facing either medication or other intervention.

Keep trying with opks. I've been using them. Also, consider charting your BBT. If you've checked CM and CP (which is not really very reliable), BBT would be a good addition to indicate when you ovulated. It just doesn't tell you in advance!!

Good luck!

User Image User Image

12 years ago

Thanks for the tips, want to try the bbt but I have a teeny tiny bladder and get up frequently throughout the night and with kids and dogs and early morning classes I dont think I could get to accurate. My opk line was darker yesterday but still not quite as dark as the control line. dh had to go out of town last night and ended up haveing to stay longer than thought, crazy day yesterday no time to bd now today I got a super dark line same test time this morning and then by afternoon no test line at all. I think I totally missed the o. Dh still not home I think missing the o is almost worse than starting af. I dont know for sure how it all works but feeling like I missed it and super bumed that I didnt even get to try.

User Image User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Hey agrlcalledkill i completely agree with the soy but mine have started to become a little irregular, they say age does this?! But even if you have a regular 28 day cycle doesn't necessarily mean you are ovulating (this is what i've read so not sure if this is a fact or not?!) It's a crazy time trying for a baby especially for the woman.

Hey jtomsic i know that feeling only too well about not getting enough i have set up another forum regarding this and believe it or not there's a lot of women in this same position and it's a bummer! I feel completely the same when i get my +OPK and then don't manage to get any its so frustrating and then you take it out on your DH (well i do anyway). Best thing to do is chart your BBT as agrlcalledkill suggested and get some clearblue digital tests from Amazon. I just got 20 tests for £22.99 ($37.00 they maybe even cheaper) which is great value and it gives you that clear answer of smiley face if or just a circle if and i would and pee in a cup then you know you can't mess it up. I really know what having a small bladder means i'm totally always on the toilet ever since having my children .

Anyways keep positive and try those clearblue they are fab!

Jodiex

12 years ago

ha ha, yah was pretty ornery w dh all day yesterday, they've got just one job and its fun. then got an even stronger + than yesterday this morning and then a super dark + this afternoon. Dh made it home around 1 last night so I got my deposit and now today is our anniversary so I just might get all the bd'in we need. Now if only that was all it took right. If i end up out again this month I deffinatly will use the digital ones next month, take out all the crazy guessing. Can you get more than one positive day? or lots of bd and save your strips to see which one ended up being the darkest?

User Image User Image

Nice one yey at least you got your before ovulation and if you got a strong positive bonus because you will ovulate within the next 24/48 hours eh! With OPK's i always get 2 days of positive tests so yes you can get more than one positive

and lots of and let me know how you get on J x

12 years ago

I use the clearblue digital opk and can't imagine trying anything else. They make it so easy, no guesswork. Make sure you are NOT using FMU, the best time to take an OPK is between 2 pm and 8 pm. I guess the LH doesn't start surging until late morning and can't be measured in the urine for a few hours. It's so rewarding when you get the smiley! Good luck and best wishes!

12 years ago

I had no idea your suppose to use OPK's from afternoon onwards thanks very much for that piece of info x

12 years ago

@ jodes: thanks for all the support & info, I got pretty light lines today so gonna guess yesterday was the day so and I also had no idea u shouldnt use first morning urine. I was using afternoon to start with because of school scedule and then closer I got thought I'd better cover all my bases so I wouldnt miss the + so did 7:30 am, around 12 in the afternoon and just before bed at night. Has anyone found that this method really works, I think most ttc ladies have really figured out their cycles and are doing alot of bd'ing. i guess my question is more has anyone had a hard time getting a bfp and then started using an opk and that was their big reason for bfp? Im kinda looking at it as more of a tool to just give women something to do to feel a little more in control of in a situation they cant fully control.. hmmmm. Anyway hope it works, I think i'm moving from o to two week wait

User Image User Image

Hey no probs happy to offer any help or support i can give.

I personally have always tested from Cycle Day 10 onwards until i found my surge. Once i found my surge i didn't bother testing again just did plenty of haha! It always worked for me I have always been lucky with getting pregnant due to the help of ClearBlue it's always been first time . I've got 4 boys and just had 2 miscarriages in the last 6 months I personally think you've covered all your bases and you have a very good chance of becoming pregnant this cycle. How many kids do you have? I quite agree with the tool business unfortuately getting pregnant is out of our control and one way of helping us stay a little in control of the situation is the OPK's. I think it's mere luck most of the time. Some of us more lucky than others.

I am going to enlighten you on my issue at the minute. Like i said i have never had to wait to get pregnant. Everytime myself and my DH have decided to have another baby we have gotten pregnant straight away. Well since having the miscarriages i decided to try again last cycle (May) well i was 8 days late and had all the symptoms of pregnancy and i just knew i was pregnant but i kept getting Anyway my showed up although it wasn't light it wasn't what i would say a normal monthly cycle for me?! Anyway since finishing my i still have pregnancy symptoms and my breasts are very very sore. I can't get my head round why but i still think i'm pregnant?! I have been doing tests and have gotten faint so i have no idea what to do now? But deep down i knew something wasn't right. My heads in a bit of a mess at the minute because i'm not to sure whether to go to see my doctor and explain whats happenend or just wait and see what happens this cycle? In my previous pregnancies i have never bled like that?! So god knows whats happening down there?!

Anyway keep my for you ladies xx

12 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo