Community post

Discussion

PCOS and Ovulation

View Full Post

Looking for other women to discuss their experiences with ovulation who have PCOS? I've only been off the BC pills for 8 months and took them for over 20 years. Starting to see a pattern with my cycles but have only had 4 AF's since September 2012.

User Image

User Image

59 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 59 Replies | Last Page

I was recently Dx with PCOS 6/19/13. I was on depo provea for 5 yrs . I have a 5 yr old daughter now. well my last shot was Aug.2012 and AF came back on its own in April. I did not take anything. Af has been sowing up since then. I dont believe I O. Ive been testing for about a week now and I get two lines but the test line isn't dark enough. My dr said I should O soon like next 2 cycle. I did start taking vitex 400mg 2 daily .first pill was 6/3 and AF came 6/5. I like to think vitex did that. My Dr.said if im not pregnant by nov. then ill get some blood work done. iahe have RRl tea but im not a huge fan of tea. I do not take vitex during AF,i use preseed also. I will start my basal temp next cycle per Dr. request. LOL seeing that 1 year is approaching soon since getting off Depo hopefully I can lose 15lbs and not let PCOS stop me

10 years ago

@1040 I had no success with OPKs. I think it makes it that much more difficult to use when you have PCOS because you don't truly know when you're going to ovulate. Are you tracking your Basal Body Temp? That's the only thing that seems to at least give me a clue as to when and if Ovulation actually occurred. I've also heard with the OPKs that your POSITIVE OPK can be missed if you don't test more than once a day. If you can afford it, do it! If not, BBT charting is free except to buy a $10 special thermometer. BBT charting will only tell you AFTER you've ovulated, but after tracking it for several months, you might find a pattern to help you be more successful with your timing. Good luck to you

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

have you confirmed the pregnancy with your doctor i would like know how things are going and how you are feeling and just generally if you are ok?

take care kirihu

User Image

10 years ago

@Kirihu - I confirmed with the doctor yesterday that I'm pregnant. Started my HCG level checks today and will repeat again in 48 hours. I have a follow up on Thursday as well to get the results of the first HCG check. Overall I am feeling tired with some nausea. Last night was rough with sleeplessness and stomach pains but hopefully those are all good signs. No spotting so I'm feeling like this one might stick around. Based on what happened last time, I'm certain my doctor will order an ultrasound to confirm viability considering the last miscarriage was a missed miscarriage. I'll keep you posted but I'm excited and anxious all together. How are you doing?

User Image

I just got my thermometer last Friday. only have two temps. I think I did O this month.we have been BD. see and with the OPK the line is darker but not as dark as it needs to be from what the directions say.im gonna do both BBT and OPK. Its hard for me to test twice a day because of work but everysince I stop spotting(tmi) bd everyday. I was super happy to even see 2 lines even thougj it wasn't darl enough. Af can come any day but who knows I know ive been having headaches like crazy and dizzy

10 years ago

@1040gurl, if you get AF, make sure you start temping daily. It will definitely help pinpoint when you ovulate, take a look at my chart. I usually set my alarm for early around 4-6am before I necessarily have to get up and I take my temp everyday. You shouldn't be moving around too much anyways before you temp so doing it while you're still sleepy works best for me. Good luck to you girl and keep me posted :)

User Image

Kirihu, How are you doing? Just wanted to check back with you and see how the new meds are working.

User Image

Ive been taking my temp. Had a temp jump this am but tested late in the moring.was tired..lol.I will look @ ur chart. It can help me get a better understanding.using opk also fx

10 years ago

hi janel, yeah the meds are ok, not sure yet on how tyhey are working all i now is that they are making me crazily hormonal, i seem to cry over the smallest thing and getting crazy cramps in my abdomen, i have about another 14 days on them but with in the next 10 days i should have my AF show up with the hope it is helping to clean me out my fingers are crossed how are you?

take care kirihu

User Image

10 years ago

Kirihu - glad that the meds seem to be working. Keep me posted on how you feel after AF shows up. Do you have a follow up with doctor after you complete the medicine regimen or can you start trying again after that?

I've been feeling OK - been experiencing some amazing and annoying pregnancy symptoms over the last few weeks since I found out but I feel like the differences in symptoms this time mean its a viable pregnancy...

A little nervous this week because we go in for our first ultrasound on Wednesday. I am praying we get a heartbeat detected on the ultrasound because we didn't make it this far last time we got pregnant. My husband is playing it cool I think to keep me calm. I just don't know what I'll do if they tell me I have to have a D&C again.

I'll keep you posted on what we find out!

User Image

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo