Community post

Discussion

I'm taking it to the next level.....

Hey ladies! So I missed my ovulation AGAIN. My ovulation dates are out of control - can't find any rhyme or reason. I'm also finding my luteal phase is getting shorter and shorter. If I have my average 28 day cycle this time, it will put my luteal phase at only 8 days. The weird thing is that I could have sworn I had a positive OPK right after my witch back on the 22nd. I've read that it is possible to ovulate twice a month...can you even imagine???

So to try to deal with all this, I dropped the $250 on the Ovacue. I'm hoping that having more than 24 hrs of notice before I ovulate will help things. Hubby and I have had insane schedules lately, and BDing just isn't too high on the priority list - his sister is having complications from a hysterectomy. His work schedule also doesn't help either. I'm hoping that the advanced notice will give us more of a shot. I'm also spending a small fortune in OPKs, so I figure why not give it a shot. I'm also thinking about trying soy isoflavones. I have an appt with my endocrinologist on the 13th and I am going to run it by him. I think I am clear of any potential impacts to my thyroid gland since I had it removed, but just want to make sure I'm not going to mess up my Synthroid. I'm hoping the soy will help pull in the date of my ovulation. From what I've read, 8 days isn't long enough for a little bean to implant.

Do any of you have any experience with the soy isoflavones or the Ovacue?

4 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Hi there Bannisterh,

My dh and I have been ttc since august 2010.. I'm 25 and dh is 30. I too have been having a hard time pinpointing o dates. My cycles seem to vary from 27 days to 31 days being the longest I have had. I did try the opk strips but found it confusing and a little stressful.. especially if I got a positive and my dh and i couldn't bd!!

So we bit the bullet and bought an ovacue last month.. I am now on my second cycle using the device and from what I have read up on most people using the ovacue seem to conceive around the 3-4 month mark of using it.. I think it's the best money we have spent! It definitely takes the stress away! I did also get the vaginal sensor to confirm the exact day I ovulate, which seemed daunting at the start but when ttc I'll try anything that might help...
It gives me about 6 days notice.. which means I can word up dh to get ready for some serious lol

Best money you have spent.. especially if your looking at having more than one baby!

User Image

13 years ago

Awesome news! I didn't get the vaginal sensor...figured i'd give just the regular one a shot first. I think in the long run it will be cheaper. I'm spending a small fortune on OPKs....and i buy then online too.

Can't wait for it to get here!

13 years ago • Post starter

Hey!
DH and I have been TTc baby # 2 since Feb. When we're not TTc my cycles are like clock work, byt when we TTC my cycles just go nuts!!! After 2 weeks late AF showed up today and itt got me down real bad! I try my best to BD on my ovulation days but who really knows when they ovulate? i dont take any fertility pills or ovulation predictor things, so i im just listening to my body.

First baby we just BDd every day for a month and BAM I was pregnant so i'm going to start up with that method again.

I also think me being on Birth Control messed me up some. its been almost a year since I got off so I don't know.

Wife to a wonderful Husband since 04/09 Mother to 2 boys(3&1) Trying to conceive baby #3, hoping for a girl

13 years ago

Hi,I recently bought a Ovacue and I got the vaginal sensor too,because it confirms if you have ovulated.I didn't get a proper attempt at using it the first time because thrush affected the readings,but I got a bit of an idea of my cycle with it.I got a pink box and a purple box,because I tried to ovulate (pink box on CD15) didn't succeed,so then tried again (purple box CD21).I ovulated late in the cycle,so only had an 8 day luteal phase,which isn't good.I'm hoping that next cycle is different.

I hate and I really want to get a

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo