Community post

Discussion

cramps during early pregnancy

Is cramps normal during early pregnancy. Ill be 4 weeks tomorrow and have cramps on and off. Sometimes its like pretty bad other times not so bad. The cramps are mostly on my sides and my back. Anyone have this and have no problems?

april 2007 july 2008 april 2009 october 2010 november 2011 january 2013 for next time

3 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I did too! I was concerned as well, but both ny GP and by OBGYN (and tons of other women that I talked to) all said that it's completely normal. Mine started like AF cramps (but just a bit off) around my AF time - then AF didn't come. Cramps continued on and off, (usually not bad if I wasn't moving, but then woukd hurt if I got up and moved around). Eventually (about 5-6 weeks) they were minimal.

It's just your uterus beginning to stretch and getting used to the new little bean! Congrats!

User Image Baby M v1.0, 4/20/2012

11 years ago

I was also wondering the same thing. I am 4 weeks, 4 days today and I have had cramping on and off for about two weeks...thought I was getting AF but never came. I have had two previous mc so I am supr hypersenstive to everything that my body doe.

Sticky Baby Dust to us all :-)

11 years ago

I've had 3 miscarriages 2. One I didn't know about tell after I miscarried. The second one was just over 5 weeks. And the 3rd I was six weeks but didn't think I was pregnant cause I had the iud in. But what I noticed that time was along with the cramps I had a sharp pain right in the lower middle part of my stomach. That was there 3 days before I started bleeding. So every cramp or pain I'm running to the bathroom to make sure I'm not bleeding. I been cramping for about a week now. Which is what made me think I was pregnant in the first place.

april 2007 july 2008 april 2009 october 2010 november 2011 january 2013 for next time

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo