Community post

Journal

January - first cycle of 2018

Well I've been keeping journal entries but marking them private, so I guess I'll make this one public. We're supposed to be NTNP from now on, but I told DH that I'm not ready to stop hoping. I'm still going to want us to BD in the "window" and I'm still going to chart and take vitamins, etc. It's not fair that the only reason it's considered NTNP is that I'm just not talking about what I'm doing. Feels deceptive.

Anyway, I think we hit the window twice, and then BD'd a couple time after, so if I ovulated later than I thought, I got that window too. The unusual thing this month was that I got a positive OPK by CD9, which is crazy early for me. Usually I get my first one at CD12. The surge ended by CD14, so definitely early ovulation this month. I'm wondering if that's a side effect of the vitex. Or just getting older. I'm hoping I actually dropped an egg. I think I did.

I do get so depressed on this fruitless cycle every month. All my sisters and friends are getting puppies to deal with their baby fever/empty nest syndrome. I don't want a puppy. I want a baby.

We have a cruise to look forward to. In one month, we'll get to go on a cruise to the Caribbean, just us. We've never been on a cruise just us before. We've only been with a group. I guess if this month doesn't work, then I can be happy I can drink on the cruise. I'd rather be 6 wks pregnant though lol. I guess we'll see in a week or so which one it'll be. I hate the TWW.

UPDATE   8 dpo - Haven't had any symptoms besides coughing, which comes from the progesterone cream I think. I tried to wear jeans today because it's a Friday but it's pushing on my stomach something awful. I had to unbutton them behind my desk. I took a HPT this morning but of course, it's way too early. I just like to establish a baseline to remind myself that those strips often give a grey shadow/evap. I also ordered some progesterone strips for the first time and they should come in tomorrow - right on CD21. If it's positive, then my progesterone is over 10 - with my supplementation. I think I really need to keep up with that because I think it's way too low normally. Anyway, I'll find out tomorrow.

10dpo - well I did the progesterone strip and it was negative, which means on day 21, my progesterone was under 10. This is bad sign for pregnancy. Don't think we caught the egg this cycle. BFN this morning too. Guess I'll be drinking on my cruise.

Ihavenoclue-dpo - This site keeps changing my ovulation date. I think I'm 13 dpo right now, but this site says I'm 11dpo again, so who knows. Two days ago I had spotting. One streak and and some pink when I wiped. This went on for most of the day and I thought AF was here extra early. But then yesterday it all stopped and nothing today either. Still BFN on the strip this morning. I'm going to test again this afternoon. I'm hoping it was IB, but chances are it was breakthrough and AF will be here on schedule Fri/Sat. I still have a few days to hope though...

5 Comments • 6 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Comments

Still getting used to the new site format so I didn't even see this post until today. I hope your sorta/kinda version of NTNP results in a pregnancy soon. You and your husband deserve it so much. Regardless of how this month goes, enjoy that cruise!!

<a href=

6 years ago

Ditto to what ericalee said. Sorry for my delayed response...I am not used to this site yet I think about you often! Hope this results in a bfp for you!

6 years ago

Thanks! I'm totally not used to this site's format either. I'm trying to embrace it, but I hate change lol.

6 years ago • Post starter

Thinking of you and sending you tons of positive vibes!! <3

6 years ago

My progesterone was only a 10.2 when 4 weeks pregnant. On a normal ccle I had it tested and it was a 6.9, super bad, but he dr. Still insisted it showed ovulation. I started taking vitex and the second month I tested again and it was 9.6. So it definitely helped me. I took the vitex for 3 months then stopped. But I got pregnant 7 months later from the first time took it. And I had earlier opk's as well. The month that I got pregnant my opk was positive by cd 11 or 12 , different from my positive on cd 14 or 15 sometimes.

Mill

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo