Community post

Journal

DE IVF BFP!!!

Its been a long journey. Good lord can we have something positive happen to this family! After much soul searching, a lot of tears, fears,and stress, we jumped with open arms towards egg donation. I spend a lot of time thinking about what it would mean for me to do egg donation. I came to the realization that my genetics aren't so special that the world is missing out. Four mmc and I was done. Once we decided on ED it was a very smooth process. We didn't look back. It was hard waiting to be matched with a donor but that gave us time to save up for the cycle. Thank you Dave Ramsey!!! We were blessed to pay cash. I couldn't go into debt and have to make payments and be reminded time after time if failed if it didn't work out.

Well so far, knock on wood, it has worked out. I couldn't hold out testing any more and got my BFP 4dp 5dt! I realized that I am just shy of four weeks and anything can happen. But this being a DE cycle I can be comforted that my own terrible history is irrelevant. Many, many women get a BFP and blindly start planning for a baby right away. I eye them with great envy. I'm war hardened. I have had too much loss to ever feel that way. However, I do feel calm and optimistic that this may stick! I have a peace and joy that sits with me. I haven't had one panic attack yet or any breakdowns of fear of fetal demise. This is huge! I look forward to a H&H 9 mos. I choose not to think about all that could happen. Today I am pregnant and will deal with tomorrow, tomorrow.

If anyone is considering DE I would recommend it. It is expensive but so is treating repeat failures. Get on a budget and check out Dave Ramsey. His plan is the only reason we were able to afford it. The spiritual journey I have no advice for. Everyone is different. For me, it makes no difference. We all come from a common ancestry and genetics are a gamble even with spontaneous conception.

Bring on the joy!!!

MMC 12/2000 D&C Molar pregnancy 12/2001 MMC 1/2015 D&C mosaic turners 3/16 Laparascopic cystectomy, Unilateral salpingo-oophorectomy 4/16 Femara no response 5/16, 6/16 Femara + gonal f + novarel or some combo =BFN 7/16 Gonal f only and trigger. IUI #1 8w no heart beat D&C triploidy

3 Comments • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Comments

Congratulations!!!!!!

6 years ago

Congrats, praying for h nh months ahead. hurrayyyyyyyyyyy

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/stork_pink.gif

6 years ago

Congrats, enjoy your pregnancy, sticky vibes your way!

After 6 years TTC with MFI number 1 was born December 12 2018

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo