Community post

Journal

Not what I expected....

So, I finally found a family doctor and saw her last week. She listened to me and ordered blood work for many, many things including rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and other things I can't remember. Everything came back great except for my vitamin D level. It is an 8. From what I understand the level should be 30-80 (or 100). That is crazy low! I read up on low vitamin D levels and it can cause many if not all of the symptoms I have been having for a few years......even lack of ovulation! Wow. I had no idea. So, I am taking vitamin D supplements along with fish oil to help bring down the triglycerides. She also suggested a very low dose of Celexa (anti-depressant) and at first I was apprehensive but I figure I'm not getting pregnant right now so I might as well try to perk myself up. I started all of this on Monday and so far I've been sleeping much better and don't wake up with back, hip, knee, or ankle pain. That is a plus all on its own!

Okay, now for the frustrating/rage inducing news. A woman who works in my department (opposite days as me so we never see each other) has been in her current relationship for less than 6 months and is already engaged. She has 2 teenage boys and had a tubal years ago. She's been stressing over her fiance flirting with other women at work and generally not trusting him. She's been talking about having a "keep a man" baby (my words, not hers). Apparently she just found out she's pregnant. Um, what? No, fucking what? Her doctor won't even entertain her claims that she is pregnant but she is going around telling everyone she is. WHAT? I get all this from our other co-workers who see her regularly. Am I the only one who thinks this is fucking nuts? Plus it was just such a knife to the heart....or uterus. Hurts the same either way. I'm sorry, I'm all for sisterhood but fuck this bitch. No. I take that back. Fuck this body. I'm so mad at this body and everything it won't do right. I'm trying to get through the anger and sadness. Trying.

On another note, I found out today that hubs has fears that when I go to the doctor I'll find out I have some kind of cancer. WHAT?!?!?! I guess it's because of my family history (lot's of breast cancer and other female cancers) but I never knew he even considered that! I told him to stop thinking that and that even if we ever had to face that it will be many years down the road. Poor guy! We make quite the worrying team!

Ugh!!

User Image

1 Comment • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Comments

Hey there!! I actually had the same thing with my Vitamin D levels. I wrote a few JE on it. Low D levels is now linked to infertility. I have been on D supplements for several months now. I need to get my levels checked again to see where I am at. But glad they found that.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo