Community post

Journal

Been a long time...

I haven't posted on here much lately. I have peeped some pages, and read some stories, but I've mostly been trying to focus on making myself happy, grad school, and work. I still dislike the job, but I love some of the people, so that makes it less shitty. We've been doing medicated cycles since December, and while I know that is not long, we have been trying to conceive for 3 years. We were at our financial limit this month with this last cycle. This cycle, and the previous cycle we used a trigger shot. The first time I didn't really feel a difference and my next cycle had to be induced after 22 days of BFNs and no period. I was ready to give up then, but my wonderful husband talked me out of feeling sorry for myself.

Fast forward to this cycle, I started March 16th after taking provera to induce my cycle. It was awful. So heavy, so painful, and it lasted 11 days total. I went for my follicle check and we found 2 follicles that measured 14mm, and 3 follicles that measured 10-11mm. I took my trigger shot on April 1st (that's quite the omen for this cycle!) and traveled to NJ for the baby shower I was throwing for my sister. Yep, that means me and hubs got to sneak around and get freaky while at my parent's house. Ugh!

This cycle went off without a hitch, but I seemed to be getting more symptoms this time around. After about 7-10 days I began to have extremely sore nipples and breasts. That never happens to me so I was thinking it was the shot and thought nothing of it. I was feeling many other things; emotional, cramping, moody, etc. so I decided to test at 11 days post trigger (about 10 dpo) and got a stark white test. Then on 13 dpo I got some spotting and began my cycle...or so I thought.

For a whole day I had what looked like a period. Exactly the way it always starts and nothing out of the ordinary. So, on 14 dpo I took another test and got another negative and I decided to go on a winery tour with some friends. Had some wine, and had a little more...plus some chocolate. I had a great day and forgot all about being angry about the way things turned out for my last shot at having a baby. The next day I noticed that I hadn't had any bleeding since the previous morning, and mentioned this to hubs. He suggested I take a test just to see. I was angry at first and insisted it was just "these damn meds fucking with me!" but after I calmed down I realized that he may be right. I bought a 3 pack, because let's be honest, you never take just 1!

That night I pissed on that stick... ... ...and that mother fucker had a second line. A. Second. Line. I am pregnant. I am PREGNANT. I AM PREGNANT! I'm still in disbelief and I want to tell everyone, but I'm so afraid it will be untrue or something will happen. Of course I told hubs...he was shocked and in disbelief too. He's being very cautionary about it though; very reserved. I had my first quantitative hcg test done yesterday and they called and told me it was 191. Now I go back tomorrow for the second to make sure everything is going as it should. Man, I just can't believe this is happening. I feel like the April 1st trigger date is an omen for this pregnancy...but not in a bad way at all. Guess I'll take my happy ass on over to CMP now. Wow.

User Image

5 Comments • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Comments

Woo-hoo! That's awesome! Congratulations!! =))

8 years ago

Thanks!! I just found you over there on CMP....stalking you now! :-)

User Image

8 years ago • Post starter

Congratulations!!! So happy for you! Wishing you a very happy and healthy 9months! All the best! :)

8 years ago

That's fantastic news, congrats and enjoy every minute of your pregnancy

After 6 years TTC with MFI number 1 was born December 12 2018

8 years ago

Love hearing stories like this. Big Congrats :))

User Image Me 36 DH 49 6 Yrs TTC MC last at 6weeks Ectopic at 6-7 weeks Using Homoathic Medicine since July 14

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo