Community post

Journal

Titles are overrated

So, not too much is new. My ankle, hip, knee pain has returned just as bad as before the vitamin D. I had more energy for like four days when I first started. Then it went back to what I'm coming to see as normal. I can't do anything physical without needing to recuperate for two days at least. I think doctors think I'm just lazy and fat. That's what it feels like anyway when I tell them I can't physically stand to do much working out. Hello!!!!! I have lost over 100 lbs on my own without any help other than diet change and exercise. I know what I'm doing and how to do it safely and effectively. I don't think they believe me. I gained back the last 100lbs while still adhering to the diet and trying to get the energy to workout. So, riddle me this.....what the fuck happened? No one can. This new doc never called me to talk about my lab results like she promised she would. She only gave me 30 days of the antidepressant so I guess I'm supposed to see her again before that? IDK!!! She seemed like she would really be there for me like she claimed she would, but I just feel like I've been left to figure it out for myself yet again. Yes, I could call and make an appointment with her and ask her what happened.....and I probably will. But right now I'm mad and I'm going to allow myself to feel mad. So there. Plus, I just ordered my own blood tests online and had them drawn yesterday. No doctor has been willing to test for thyroid antibodies so I ordered them for myself and I should have the results soon. I am still not convinced that there is not some kind of thyroid issue.

Oooh, I forgot! I decided to get some progesterone cream and start using that. I think I have low progesterone since Vitex (which increases estrogen) had a negative effect on my cycle. It never came!!! As soon as that comes I'll be using it and hopefully it does something to help regulate my cycle so that I actually have one.

User Image

6 Comments • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Comments

Have u tried Iso's to regulate ur cycle? U only take 'em for 5 days, they do increase estrogen but not in the same way as Vitex does, they also increase progesterone somewhat. U could also increase ur Omega's for joints, and magnesium for muscles...deficiencies in those will cause pains. Just throwing ideas out there. The thyroid testing was a good call on ur part, and whether ur right or not, at least u'll have an answer and an ability to build a new plan for weightloss. U'll lose it again, dont let any doctor discourage u...u did it once, u'll do it again!

9 years ago

Thanks Dakota! I've actually been taking fish oil everyday for two and a half weeks now. The doc recommended that for my high triglycerides. I'm sure it will have some other positive effects as well. So that's good. I've been taking the vitamin d too and I REALLY wish it built up faster but it looks like that won't be anywhere near regulated for at least three months. So frustrating!!!!

User Image

9 years ago • Post starter

Oh, and I've never tried Iso's. That one never got on my radar. I'll have to read up on that.

User Image

I LOVE Iso's! My cycles were regular but 41 days long w/ O on cd25...who wants to wait that long to O?!...it's insane. I tried soy, O'd 8 days after the last pill and have been in love with them ever since. I love that I can control my exact O date based on when I take them. It came in handy when hubs was traveling a lot. Not everyone has the same luck with them, but thats to be expected with any supp or drug...it's definitely worth a try tho. Black Cohosh (make sure it's black, not blue!) is another good one, its much weaker tho, and taken for 12 days. Get those fingers googling!! =))

9 years ago

OK. I may have to give up the Hashimoto's theory. My antibodies came back at <1. Totally feel like an idiot now. Haha. Unless there's a doctor out there who will treat a TSH level of 3.24, I'll have to concede this to the doctors and call it a vitamin d issue. Possibly hormonal as well.

User Image

Thanks for the info pbc. I realize that the hypo community online and many endos out there consider my levels too high but my problem is getting someone around me to actually think that way. That is my struggle right now. The only reproductive endo in my area is not covered by my insurance and that'll cost me $300 just to talk to him. It is so frustrating to live in an area with so few options.

User Image

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo