Community post

Discussion

BYOB: Hoping for some summer bfps!

View Full Post

Hi ladies!!

Lets start things off as usual.... with an introduction/update!

My name is Joy
DH and I are both 29
we've been together just over 10yrs
Got married and bought a house together in 2009
From Canada
I'm currently a housewife, but hope to soon be a stay at home mom

I got pg back in the summer of 2010 then m/c'd at 8 weeks
We ttc for 8 cycles after the m/c, (10 months)
We have a nursery room all set up waiting for baby

I got a BFP on June 30th 2011
Had a missed m/c on Aug 18th 2011
Since then I have been rushed to the hospital 3 times for excessive bleeding (once via ambulance cause I passed out)
I have had 2 emergency D&C's, 2 Folley Ballooons, 3 blood transfusions of 2 bags each, & a Hysteroscopey. (Not to be confused with a "HysterECTAMY")

I Finally got back to TTC in Jan/Feb 2012 and on March 21st I got my BFP!
I am currently 14 weeks 3 days pregnant!
My first ob/gyn apt was Wed April 4th 2012
He put me on progestrone and asked to see me in 2 weeks
My next apts were April 19th 2012 & May 3rd
At our May 3rd apt (at 9 weeks5 days) we heard the best sound ever - our little one's heartbeat!!
We went for our 1st non-diagnostic u/s on May 15th and saw our little ones heartbeat & he or she was VERY active!
Had another dr apt on May 22nd and heard the heartbeat again!
Next apt is June 21st... my diagnostic u/s is July 13th
We will be going for a non-diagnostic u/s around the end of June/Beginning of July so dh can see our little peanut before he leaves on his trip.
My due date is Dec 1st 2012!

This is truly an amazing group of ladies & I really hope our string of luck (& bfps) continues!! ladies!

xx
Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

296 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

261 - 270 of 296 Replies | Last Page

Hey everyone,

to Bumble, so very pleased for you hun, I hope there are 2 embryos at next weeks appointment keeping my fingers crossed for you

Welcome back ABC, I wondered where you had disappeared to, this thread has been extremely quiet the last few weeks, I am hoping that everyone is too busy getting their to post. haha.x

Welcome babydestiny, sounds like some fantastic symptoms, the only way to find out though is to test once is late, we have all heard people of getting after a so anything is possible

Joy, so glad everything went well at your appointment, booo to the sickness though that's not good, glad it didn't stick around too long.xxx

bahoward, 15 weeks already where did that time go!!! How are you feeling?xxx

Jupitor, don't listen to your friend!!!! lots of ladies have healthy pregnancies with PCOS. PCOS is horrible, but there are things you can do to help, my friend has PCOS and she has had 3 children just by following a good healthy diet and making sure her body has the right vitamins and minerals, so it most definitely be done. Good Luck hun.xxx

Aroma, I am so sorry to see you go, I so pray that you will get your sending you lots of love.xxxx

Krunchie, good luck with the ivf.xxx

Elle, you never know, just taking it easy cycle may be exactly what you need. When is your appointment at the fs?xxx

Jacksonwest, your relax and enjoy plan sounds like a good one, I hear that's when a lot of happen, xxx

AFM, not ttc this month but we will be back on it next month yippee!!!!!! I can't wait. Also I have lost 18lbs in 3 weeks, very happy lady!!!!

As for my Dad, he is now receivng treatment for his cancer and the consultant is quite positive that they have caught it in time, I am so relieved although it is hard speaking to my dad on the phone and hearing how poorly he sounds, I am hoping it won't last too long. We are going to see him in a couple of weeks I can't wait. It's times like this that I hate living 250 miles away from him.

Sabrina.xxx

User Image User Image Very Faint 17.08.12 it sticks!!!!!!!

11 years ago

Thanks for all the support, it really means alot! I have done some research on pcos and I know it's not the end of the world and that with the right meds and healthy diet we can conceive a healthy baby.
I don't know why my friend was being so rude like that. She has 3 beautiful boys that she had no trouble having, 2 of them were oopsies. and it really frustrates me cause pretty much every day on FB shes complaining about her kids and a couple times she has told me how she wishes she never had them..like seriously? Be thankful you have 3 healthy little boys that are full of energy.
Anyhoos I wonder what the odds of me being pregnant are, still no AF and CD87 I think, I have been having lots of ew cm and lower pelvic pain on the both sides and I noticed Tuesday that my face is super oily, my face is never oily and its really annoying.
And I have one more day of school left, I'm pretty excited!

Sabrina ~ what kind of cancer does your dad have? I'll be sure to keep your dad and your family in my prayers.

Jennifer ttc #1 Diagnosed with PCOS 11/27/12 Praying for a

11 years ago

do any of you ever feel like giving up trying? as I get closer to four years with each passing period I have been giving quitting a lot of thought. things with my partner are becoming strained to the point I don't know if our relationship could withstand pregnancy and a baby... feeling pretty down right now.

Daisypath Christmas tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Clomid cycle #1 Clomid cycle #2 Clomid cycle #3

11 years ago

Elle this probably the first time I've got my period and not wanted to give up but that's only because I had already started my ivf cycle. I just have to go over the reasons why I am going through this, putting my dh through it, make sure it's something he still wants and if I still want it that much that alternatives don't sound better, cos if they do then maybe it's time for us to stop and reasses our lives. As much as I want kids they aren't the be all and end all, there is life with out kids. Have u considered speaking with a fertility counsellor with your partner? This should be something u both want together and working as a team to get there. He might be seeing u in so much pain that he is questioning whether it's worth so much hurt and pain. He could be feeling less and less of a man each time because he can't give his wife what she wants for what ever reason it is u haven't conceived yet. Even if it's your issues he could still be resentful that he can't over come it for u. Maybe take some time to reaffirm your own relationship that with or without additions to your family it's u and him together no matter what

For slmetjing that is supposed to be the most natural thing in the world it comes with a whole load of shit and I think we all deserve a medal for getting this far!!

Big hugs to u and I hope I feel better soon. Getting answers from your appointment might help too. Not knowing why makes things harder to accept.

Xx

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

11 years ago

stupid hard ttcing lol thank you for your reply. I am hoping our results will help me sort things out in my mind one way or the other. I think part of the reason I am thinking about giving up is because we could well find out we can't or that it's going to get much tougher over the next few months and if we do go for fertility treatment we are admitting we have a 'problem' and committing to having a child. I know when we stop using contraception there is always a chance you'll get pregnant but taking meds to make you ovulate and having medical procedures I think takes it to another level. Eeek at 24 (will be 25 next month) I can hand on heart say I never expected I would be facing this

How are you feeling about your IVF?

Daisypath Christmas tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Clomid cycle #1 Clomid cycle #2 Clomid cycle #3

11 years ago

Good actually! It certainly solidifies us in the decision to have kids. It's easy to come off birth control and think u want kids then freak when it happens but when u r going through what we are u have to be damn sure it's what u want because it's so expensive! Not to mention the drugs, injections, side effects, etc. but at least I can say for sure this baby is very wanted without a doubt by both parents!! That isn't to say its not the same for others but I can only comment on how it is for us and I make sure every step of the way that I am not alone because if he doesn't want it neither do I!

And I think it's making our relationship stronger. It's been bumpy but we've gotten through it to hear and I think if he is willing to talk to his supervisor at work about coming home for a few days duri g his swing so he can give a fresh deposit for ivf then I think he is pretty committed! That kind of conversation can be hard, especially for him so I know it's means a lot to him too.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

11 years ago

yeah a hell of a lot of money, thought, emotions and time has been invested in our future babies adn it's a joint effort the father has to be 100% on board which is something that often doesn't happen with the 'oops' babies.
I hope your period shows up soon so you can get your cycle going! that one round is enough

11 years ago

Awww Elle, so sorry you are having a rough time at the moment and I think krunchie said it all, just wanted to send you .xxxxx

Jupitor, my Dad has neuroendocrine tumours of his liver and spleen, although they are unable to locate the primary source, but they did say it could be the size of a pea, but because of it's slow growth rate they are not too concerned. If they can deal with the main problem which is the secondary cancer at the moment, they think with regular check ups and monthly hormone injections for the rest of his life, he will live a long, good quality life.xx

Sabrina.xx

User Image User Image Very Faint 17.08.12 it sticks!!!!!!!

11 years ago

just 1 more - great news about your Dad, not having cancer obviously but that he can have a good future ahead of him

Ladies can you believe it's August already? I can't get my head around where 2012 has gone haha! At this rate I'll be lucky to get a 2013 baby

11 years ago

Hi ladies!

babydestiny - Welcome to the thread! I am sure you're gonna love it here - these girls are absolutely amazing! Dont stress too much about the bfn at 12dpo, we've had many girls get their bfps after a bfn.

abc123 - Glad your company is finally gone and you can relax! Did you and dh bd at all while they were all there? Keeping my fingers crossed that you will get a surprise bfp!

just1more - Yay for being back to ttc next month!! And congrats on loosing the 18lbs!! Thats awesome!! So happy to hear your Dad is finally receiving treatment and that the doctors is so optimistic!! Really hope they did catch it all in time & that he will just keep getting better!

Jupitor - Sadly women who never had any issues ttc often cant appriciate how easily things came for them. It's frustrating, I know, I have a few friends like that.

Elle - I am so sorry your feeling so down Dont give up though sweetie, like Katie said, you have you apt coming up, hopefully that will shed some light on what you can do to get your little bundle.

Katie - Hope af shows soon so you can get on with your ivf cycle!

AFM - Had my fitting & (thank goodness) it fits now that it has a lace up back!! The stupid seamstress was wanting to take it in a bit in the waist... um HELLO I dont think so, as if it's not possible for me to grow more in the next 2 weeks! Dumb! Just waiting for it to be hemmed now then I can finally bring it home. Can't wait till this wedding is over so I can stop stressing!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo