Community post

Question

Not freaking out a symptom?

I know it may sound weird but I just started my TWW (I think) and I feel completely calm this month. I don't want to say I don't care but that's the closest thing to what I'm feeling. Anyone kinda get this 'at peace with whatever happens' feeling the month they got their BFP?

Don't get me wrong I want it more this month than ever, would love to be able to give my husband a BFP for xmas... however I just feel ... not at all stressed... haven't been symptom watching or even trying to. I just don't know if that's a good sign or a bad sign.

10 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Answers

Absolutely. This is exactly what happened to us this past cycle. After 16 unsuccessful medicated cycles it was the final attempt TTC #5 (I am 48). I was completely at peace with it all, had no symptoms during the TWW, and had no expectations of any sorts. And there it was, a positive pregnancy test at the dr's office.... I hope you will have such a wonderful surprise soon. Best wishes and the Lord's blessings.

9 years ago

100% yes. No physical symptoms and being relaxed about it as you describe is my no. 1 sign that I'm up the duff. And yes every month I try and tell myself I'm calm and indifferent but unless I am actually pregnant I am just pretending! Every time I've had a bfn I've been beside myself in the tww. Every time I've had a bfp I've been truly serene. It's early so you might start freaking out in a few days but fx'd you stay eerily calm and get your bfp! :)

9 years ago

That's good to hear. I hate like saying, "I don't care" because I obviously do but don't. I don't say it in an indifferent way just a 'floaty' way lol. Sounds weird. I don't know one thing we did different this month was using pre-seed so I don't know if that has something to do with it but I feel like my uterus is like happy lol. Just feels all so calm. (me not my uterus)

I've been trying to get into symptom watching but i just can't... i just sit here and be happy. The only twinge of anxiety and excitement I get is thinking that I might be and that I could let my husband know on xmas but even that I'm kinda ... chill about.

But I agree I just started the TWW so it could all turn around but usually I'm on here 2 dpo picking symptoms and right now I'm just content :-) hope it stays that way regardless of the result. It is nice to not be a crazy symptom checker for once.

9 years ago • Post starter

Haha! I am actually jealous of you right now! I truly believe I am out because at 10dpo I am a complete fruitcake! Fx'd this is it for you and you float right through to the best Xmas ever! :)

9 years ago

Nice to know someone is feeling the same. I'm 9dpo not really symptom spotting feeling relaxed and calm compared to last month I was crazy lol! I Was Begining to think I'd changed my mind!lol xx

9 years ago

Me too! I am super chilled this month. Still erly to tell as I am only 2dpo but I have told myself if it's meant to happen it will happen whether I freak out or not so I may as well just relax. I feel good nd won't be buying tests until I miss af :)

Jinan (5-Aug-2008), Yunus (4-march-2014) , my angel bean (24-may-2013), angel bean 27/nov/14, angel bean 29/dec/14 User Image

9 years ago

Hahaha nursingmoto!! The month I conceived my 2 y.o I too was so relaxed I thought I'd changed my mind!!

9 years ago

Whoops, I should have added unlike my unsuccessful cycles I didn't even test as I couldn't be bothered!

9 years ago

I just got my fist positive at 10dpo!being relaxed must have been a sign for me!hope it works for you too

9 years ago

Still no bfp but also no af. Still feeling pretty chill except that I feel like I am pregnant but afraid to hope. But not really getting into the symptoms thing. Tho today I got the weirdest symptom... This feeling washed over my abdomen like I had rubbed icy hot on my uterus somehow and it's been there all day. If it wasn't such a prominent symptom though I would just be chill still. Grats on your bfp! I still have fingers crossed!

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo