Community post

Question

OPK brands WAAAAY different please help me decipher this!

So I tried using OPK kits this month and I am more confused.

Brands used were Equate early ovulation, First Response Ovulation, Dollar Store Ovulation
Day one - CD 10
Just used Equate, got a line but not as dark.

Day 2 - Equate line but not as dark.
same until Day CD 13 - Then used Equate got what I thought was a similar looking line. So, I took a dollar store pregnancy test and got a line but faint.
CD 14 - Used Dollar Store on a whim and got what looked to be 2 equal looking lines. That night husband came home with First Response so I used that too ... same urine... no line.

For the next 3 days I used a combination of all three. The equate stayed almost looking the same, the Dollar Tree showed equal lines, First Response is snow white.

Come to today. I took dollar store and FR. I got a lighter line on dollar tree and the FR actually had a line... though it was faint.
Should I keep testing or assume that the dollar store worked? FR never showed even a line.

1 Answer • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

For an opk to be positive it must be clearly as dark as or darker than the control. Faint lines do not count! All brands should work fine, you probably just haven't ovulated yet.

I like the Wondfos you can order for very cheap off amazon (50 for less than 20 bucks). I've been using them close to two years and get a very clear positive every month.

If you're really concerned about the lines you could also try a digital.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo