Community post

Question

Clear, somewhat sticky, jelly-like discharge?

I am approaching my usual ovulation time, but this is different CM than I ever recall having. My normal EWCM is exactly like egg whites: Clear, stringy, stretches up to 3 inches, odorless. What I have now is also odorless, clear with some white in it, not very stretchy, kind of sticky and of a similar consistency to jelly. It clumps up when rolled between the fingers, but it's not like the cottage cheese clumping that comes with a yeast infection... it's very different. I know it's not semen because I haven't BD'd in a week.

I've also had a consistently high cervix since before my last period, which started April 23 and was only 3 days. My usual period length is 5-6 days.

Does it sound like some sort of an infection? Should I try an HPT since my period was so short? I'm running out of ideas, any suggestions welcome. Thanks!

TTC #1 since Oct. 2011 MC @ 6 weeks, Mar. 2015 (suspected - never confirmed) MC @ 16 weeks, July 2015 CP Oct. 2015 Nov. 13, 2015 @ 15 DPO! for a rainbow baby!

3 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Do you have any other symptoms? It sounds a bit like the mucus the cervix produces to plug the opening in early pregnancy. But then again it could be something else entirely. If you've got a hpt spare I would use it just to put your mind to rest. xx GL xx

10 years ago

It sounds very similar to the mucus I have 3-5 days before ovulation. I really liked when I started noticing that type of mucus as a trend because it was the first time I could really predict that ovulation was coming.

10 years ago

I've noticed possible pregnancy symptoms, but I don't want to go crazy and get DH's hopes up, so I'll try to wait it out until next AF is due and see what happens.

Thanks ladies for your responses!

TTC #1 since Oct. 2011 MC @ 6 weeks, Mar. 2015 (suspected - never confirmed) MC @ 16 weeks, July 2015 CP Oct. 2015 Nov. 13, 2015 @ 15 DPO! for a rainbow baby!

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo