Community post

Discussion

Done with TTC indefinitely.

After a year and four months of hoping to have a baby, I have decided to quit. I'm done. I don't O, I don't see AF, so why torture myself when there are such great reasons NOT to TTC?

Reason #1: Pregnancy, birth, and infant care are financially exhausting. I don't know about the rest of you, but my DH and I are FAR from being able to afford those expenses, especially in this economy. We don't even have health insurance because the military obviously doesn't see a point in taking care of its reservist members.

Reason #2: The world is falling apart around all of us right now (for those of us in the United States). With the Occupy Wall Street movements, unemployment rising beyond the imaginable, public aid being limited more than ever... the protests may be peaceful today, but the way the police are reacting is terrible. People who weren't even involved in the Occupy movements have been brutally attacked by the police. Women have been grabbed out of the crowd and punched in the face by police officers. I don't know about you, but I can easily see these peaceful movements turning into all-out riots.

Reason #3: This is related to #2, but if we end up having a war in our own country, wouldn't you feel like a horrible mother for bringing a baby into it? How would you defend yourself if you're too busy trying to care for a baby? More importantly, how would you protect your baby if you were severely injured somehow? Think about it. I know you don't want to, but you should. If you have a baby, it's not only about you anymore. In fact, very little is about you anymore.

You can call me a conspiracy theorist all you want, but most of us in America are going to lose our rights or die trying to preserve them. I don't want to bring a baby into such a volatile environment. Maybe I'll revisit the idea someday if things go back to what they used to be. For now, I'm content not O'ing or seeing that b*tch AF because that's two things I actually DON'T have to worry about.

Toodles, everyone, and good luck with whatever path you choose/have chosen in life. I wish you the best.

TTC #1 since Oct. 2011 MC @ 6 weeks, Mar. 2015 (suspected - never confirmed) MC @ 16 weeks, July 2015 CP Oct. 2015 Nov. 13, 2015 @ 15 DPO! for a rainbow baby!

3 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I personally appreciate you not TTC, based off of your negative view point of the world, I would hate for you to shelter your child, or bring them up being fearful and hateful of people.

Good choice.

12 years ago

Your poorly disguised insult is unnecessary and immature.

I don't have a negative view of the world. I have a negative view of what's going on around me. I've been a target for hateful comments like yours since I was a child. Perhaps YOU should consider giving up TTC -- you wouldn't want to end up with a child like me, would you?

TTC #1 since Oct. 2011 MC @ 6 weeks, Mar. 2015 (suspected - never confirmed) MC @ 16 weeks, July 2015 CP Oct. 2015 Nov. 13, 2015 @ 15 DPO! for a rainbow baby!

12 years ago • Post starter

I'm sorry that you've had to give up. I wish you luck in your future and hope that if you do decide to TTC again that you are blessed.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo