Community post

Question

Does the ovulation calculator really work?

Has anyone actually used & followed the Ovulation Calculator on this site & gotten pregnant? How accurate do you think it is? I want to know because I want to have a baby in March, 2014 or April, 2014. I'm not so sure if I can count on the ovulation calculator to conceive on time. Help!

7 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

I used lots of ovulation calendars and they are all usually within a day or two of each other and I back them up with ovulation kits and they all tie in so yes they do work

11 years ago

If your irregular with your cycles or have a short lp, then the ovulation calendar Is terrible, you would be better doing bbt opks and your cm, hope this helps :)

11 years ago

I generally use my own methods, which is taking my BBT every morning, using OPKs starting on CD10 (and testing until I get a positive) and watching my fertile CM. I make sure I start to BD at least 3-4 days before ovulation to ensure the sperm are there waiting to catch the egg. I input everything on to this site....and it puts it all in to place for me.

Me...33 Hubby...34 Nov 2002...high risk pregnancy, preterm labor @ 31wks, held in our son until 37wks, born 7lbs, 20in October 2007...blighted ovum @ 6w4d, D&C October 2012...fetal death @7w4d subchorionic hematoma, D&C, 46 chromosomes, normal female Waiting to TTC until June!

11 years ago

Everybody is different when it comes to ovulation. I find this calculator very useful. However, I think its pretty optimistic of you to think you might be able to conceive at a certain time. After all, some people try for years and never manage.

11 years ago

I have PCOS so I need all the help I get with predicting my ovulation, and so, as crazy as it sounds, I use 3 of the digital calendars available - one here, another one on fertilityfriend.com, and one more on my android phone. I chart BBT, CM, and BBD, along with meds, and symptoms I have throughout the cycle. Interestingly enough, while fertilityfriend.com and android calendars think I have ovulated, the one here did not even determine my coverline yet, not even mantioning ovulation date. I guess the right way to do it, is simply trust your instincts :) Good luck! :)

11 years ago

I don't think it is being optimistic, it being practical, if women can pin point when they are going to ovulate, with which ever method they prefer to use, it gives them a fighting chance of being able to concieve, because yes we are all aware that it can take some couple a long time to get pregnant!!!!

11 years ago

Thanks for giving me helpful advice ladies :)

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo