Community post

Question

Need advice on how to announce pregnancy.

I want to announce my pregnancy to my mom & grandma. They are not very child friendly & have always tried discouraging me from having kids. They have the mind set that a baby will ruin my "free life". Considering I am an only child & so is my mom, I know children weren't really in their own plans. Anyhow I am my own person & I want a big family. It sounds silly but myself being an adult, they still lecture me about it. What are some ways to tell them? I am so scared of getting shot down.

5 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Whenever I finally get a bfp I had a cute plan of how to tell my mom... she is an English teacher so I was going to use a scrabble board and take a picture of it with it spelling out "baby" related words.. for my sisters I was going to send them an ultrasound picture saying something about us expecting. Those are just a few ideas.

10 years ago

That's a tough situation. I first thought of giving a picture frame with 4 photos, grandma, mom, you and sono... but that doesn't really help. How about you go to a spa for the day, and completely relax, and have your dh do it? Not exactly tackling the situation but you don't need any stress right now. GL and congrats!

User Image

10 years ago

When i had my first i was in a similar situation. My parents were completely against me even being in a relationship. I remember my Mom forbidding me from even going on a date and lecturing me with my full name in use all the way from down in the lower 48. When i had fallen in love (and pregnant) I had to make a decision not to let them ruin my joy and to carry my head high and proud no matter what they had to say. I had to be strong for my baby. And you know, we didn't talk much but after they realized that I was standing firm in who I was they came around. You know, that's when I really grew up. I have them and the baby (my 9 year old daughter) to thank for challenging me. Enjoy how you announce, even if you think that they might not enjoy it as much as you do. After all, it is about your little one and not them, cherish your nine months of falling in love with someone that you've never met :)

10 years ago

Thanks everyone. I will not let them ruin my joy & my pregnancy experience. I just wished they were more supportive. But thanks again. I appreciate it.

10 years ago • Post starter

I would tell them that you are thrilled to share some news- that YOU are SO HAPPY and excited and hope they will be just as supportive....

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo