Community post

Question

How to cope with miscarriage?

After a bfp this past July 18th, I learned today that at only 6 weeks and 3 days, I'm miscarrying :-( DH and I are beyond hurt, but we plan on jumping right back into ttc ASAP! I still have a full bottle of fertilaid that I'll begin taking in a few weeks. Those of you that have suffered a m/c, how did you cope? Well, baby dust to all! Here's hope for a May or June 2013 baby!

User Image

11 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Answers | Last Page

First of all, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I've suffered two miscarriages in the past 4 months. One was at 8w3d and one at 5w4d. Both were devastating. There are many ways to cope. For me, I cried A LOT....like ugly cries in the shower with music blaring...so I could cry as hard and loud as I wanted too. Also, I wrote letters to both my babies. I have a memorial box with ultrasound pics, letters, etc. Being able to write letters and have a keepsake box, helped me with the grieving process. Also, be gentle to yourself. You will have good days and bad days...grieving is a process...so just go with the flow. Let your DH know not to take anything personally on your bad days.

11 years ago

(continued). Also, be sure that you are both physically and emotionally ready to start to conceive again. Make sure to follow your doctor's orders. TTC after a loss is a lot to handle emotionally, so give yourself time if need be. It can also put a strain on your marriage...so be sure to communicate and remember that men handle this differently then women.

If you need someone to talk too, need to vent, or just need support, feel free to message me. Wishing you all the best and hoping you get your rainbow baby soon! HUGS!!

11 years ago

You read my mind asking this question . SOS sorry for your loss . I had two bfps July 23rd and 24th blood test confirmed pregnancy. Dr booked me in to the obstetrician etc and all was well although dp was so hesitant saying lets not get excited yet etc. once blood test came in he started to think maybe it was ok to start thinking about it all then n Friday 227th I started bleeding. Miscarried at what was about 4 weeks 6 days. I sort of felt ok about it ... Reasoning myself around feeling sad by saying at least now we know we can get pregnant etc (I have a 7 year old but from a previous relationship and dp was always worried he would have trouble getting pregnant as his brother had a lot of problems) . Anyway I just didn't know how t tell him felt so bad for him so just went quiet all day while he was at work. He had kind of guessed by the time he got home but it broke my heart when he said I knew it was too good to be true. I have had to work everyday since including the day I mc

and hoping for a

11 years ago

Have found the lat couple of days particularly hard. Feeling very fragile and easily weepy which is very unlike me. Also would just love to go and hide under a rock and not have to do anything for a day. Unfortunately that is not going to happen so just Ahve to keep pushing through I guess. I am guessing part of it is hormones settling down again but I also think it is just beginning to sink in in a way. Sounds silly I know. For some reason though I a, so glad that I kept my hpt with the two lines on it. Sometimes I almost think maybe I was just making it all up but then I can see that no this was actually a little one trying to stick. Anyway sorry don't think I have been that much help in how to cope but maybe at least I can say know that you're not alone in this . Message me anytime. Sending ((hugs)) and thoughts and prayers. Dp and I are going to start trying again straight away too. Not sure when to expect ov but going to use an opk again. Take care and baby dust xo

and hoping for a

11 years ago

Thanks everyone for your feedback! In my opinion, the thing that makes ttc'ing so hard to me is to see everyone around me getting pregnant with no problem at all. Even seeing all of these teens ages 14,15,16, etc. with no clue about the real world, getting pregnant gives me a bit of preggo envy! Like geez, here I am, a 26 year old, married, college and,law school grad, can't get preggo. But a high school kid can? I know it isn't fair to judge others situations, but sometimes, those thoughts cross my mind.

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

Yeah I know the feeling. I have a friend ... Well a friend of dp really ... Who has a 9 year old and was always getting really drunk yelling at her dd etc and got preggo last year had a termination then preggo again 2 months later miscarried now preggo again at 30 weeks now and has been drinking etc through pregnancy and though I'm trying to be all ok about it part of me can't help thinking that's so unfair. She whines about the pregnancy and how she can't go out and party and drink etc and I can't help thinking golly so many people would be so thrilled to be in your position. appreciate the blessing you have ! Trying not to get bitter about it though and take the high road and have faith that our turn will come.

and hoping for a

11 years ago

Hi Ladies, sorry to hear about your losses... I know how gut wrenching, confusing and frustrating it can be. Hang in there and take it one day at a time. I found out I was pregnant July 2nd and miscarried July 9th. Obgyn said it was a chemical pregnancy. I coped with it by avoiding people, sad to say I knew some of them would make well intentioned comments like, "it was for the best", "it will happen when the time is right", "have faith", etc. Some days I've been angry (when I've seen pregnant friends, fb posts, baby commercials, etc), other days I've mourned, but mostly, I've been determined to make sure I'm healthy and not neglecting something that is causing the loss or delaying conception. Next month I will begin a series of blood tests and an ultrasound to RULE OUT abnormalities. I feel knowing I'm ok is the only reassurance I can accept, so I've began the process. Everyone copes differently. I hope this helps and good luck to you all. TTC t

DH (39) Me (33) Married since June 2011 TTC #1 since April 2012 CP July 2012 User Image

11 years ago

It's interesting how this last week has been for me . At first I was just really practical about it all and fine about ttc agin straight away not worried etc but now I think it is hitting me more and I know I am going to be more nervous next time around. Wishing I had a crystal ball and knew what was ahead for dp and me. How is your hubby going with it all ?

and hoping for a

11 years ago

Thanks pinkbride! Yes, I try avoiding those comments as well! @alimaygirl, my DH is pretty crushed as well. Being that he already has a son from a previous relationship, our child together would be the link that bonds are family together. He's pretty eager to start ttc again though. Of course the constant BD'ing is probably what gets him even more excited :-D

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

So ladies what is the difference between a chemical pregnancy and an early miscarriage does anyone know ? Good luck with all the tests pink bride. Hope they all come back saying all is well. Kimberley Yeah the bid ing is definitely attractive for the dps isn't it! . Think we really have th same thought in the sense that a child of our own would cement that link and bing us together as a family . Would love to see my dp as a dad too as he says my dd is part of his life but will never be his (my dds dad is very involved with her md he is the apple of her eye though she does get on ok with my dp I think he is right that her dad will lays b the centre of her world) . In. Way I really long to feel like a real family too. Only hav dd 50% of the time so it will be so good to feel like a "real" mum when We have a child in the house full time.

and hoping for a

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo