Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

321 - 330 of 713 Replies | Last Page

That would be great! My mom was asking me today if they would freeze any if it worked the first time so that we could have kids again later (they are dying for a grandbaby) so I really hope that works out for both of us to have some frozen!

I'm trying to think of time frames, they said they couldnt do a December cycle so I'm wondering when in January it would be happening. I'm guessing AF will come on/around Nov 16, Dec 14, and Jan 12 so with that being the case would they be able to do it that early in January? I know these are all questions I can ask them..it's just driving me nuts being so far away from that appointment to do so.

7 years ago • Post starter

Hi Ladies,
Sorry I have been away this week - it ended up being a dosey. I had a student with known mental health issues have a psychotic break (because I teach in a college and our students are adults, when we recieve their accomodation, we actually do not have thier diagnosis, so I had limited knowledge of his conditions). He had stayed after class to discuss his progress in the course (he had missed the midterm). Unfortunately, it was after 6pm and I was alone with him, with very few people in the building. Thankfully, he didn't attempt anything physical but to give you the gist - he told me that he has been attracted to me, knew that this was inappropriate but somehow thought that seeing me as a mother figure was better and then proceeded to ask if he could call me mommy . Obviously, I told him that was inappropriate as well and that he could not, but that started a severe panic attack (this actually unfolded over a 30 mintue conversation). Anyways, it's my understanding he is recieving help and is in a facility now.

Babybump- I am so sorry to hear that things are getting so real, and so quick, but hopefully it means you are closer to your BFP and now you have answers! I will promise to be on here more often to cheer you on!

My TSH was at a 3.02, so similar situation to you and they also put me on synthroid. They had told me at the time that if I were to get pregnant they would have to put me on it (high correlation of high TSH levels and cognitive disability), and has said that high TSH can interfere with ovulation. I am hoping that is all we need, but I haven't had any issues ovulating (prior to taking meds) from what they can tell on US, so maybe it's not the problem. Did they explain to you anything different about why it might interfere?

Luckykap- I don't know if I missed this along the way, but I had no idea you had that many IUI's before going to IVF. I can not even imagine what it must have felt to see a BFN after all of that- you are my hero, I really don't know if I have the strength to go through all of that. I hope third time is a charm in your upcoming cycle!

DH and I have had a nice time not being too overly focused on ttcing. I did end up taking an OPK the past two days (it was positive today) and we did BD Wed, Thurs and today. We will likely BD tomorrow and Monday as well (the Dr. at my clinic recommended every other day upto ovulation and then the day of ovulation and the day after. We have been keeping it fun though, we actually BD'd cause we wanted to, not because it "was time".
We are defintely going back to the clinic in the New Year to get him checked out - I think it has sunk in a bit that besides my thyroid, I am all clear so far - so it might actually be his values that are problematic for us.

7 years ago

twwtoolong that is INSANE! I'm so glad you're ok!! I figured something had come up since you hadn't posted, but geez. Was there any indication about that happening or anything??

They put me on levothyroxin for my thyroid, I'm not sure exactly what it does but they say take it every day so I've started doing that.

Luckykap really is an inspiration! To be in such high spirits after all of that, I'm making it my personal mission to go in with that same attitude for everything :)

Apparently my mom has already told my brother and his wife and some of her friends. Like thanks mom for telling everyone about my broken uterus. There's a reason we didn't tell them we were ttc, but now that we're pretty much in a spotlight about health stuff and we'll need their help with some of it we filled them in. My mom made it about a day (maybe) before telling people. My fault for not telling her NOT to tell. But she was asking today if we wanted my old crib and changing table and why did we have to wait until January before doing IVF. Sigh. Starting to be a bit too much pressure going into it so if it fails...its going to be rough

It was actually pretty scary and so uncomfortable. I had been told in confidence at the beginning of the semester that he had mental health issues but was not violent. I had only had a couple of interactions with him previously and the only time I really noticed him being symptomatic was the day of the midterm. He was completely unprepared and started havng a panic attack - I had told him that he could use his accomodation and write later when he felt prepared. He immediately went to my boss to discuss the matter and was so worked up he almost vomited. I only discovered this week when he disclosed everything that he had been previously in the program but was in a psychiatric hospital for 2 years and had just come back this semester. So the only thing I really had a pulse on was his anxiety, which is quick to trigger. I actually thought he might have been triggered by some of the content in the course (we have case studeis with occupational fatalities). I had no idea what was really coming, and was completely unprepared on how to get myself out of the situation as he was between myself and the door and all of my belongings. It got really creepy but I knew if I reacted it would only make the situation worse, so I had to fake cool until I could get out of there.

I am on the same meds (synthroid is just the brand name of the one I take). One perk is that I have found a noticeable difference in my energy levels!

Mom's can be hard - my mother in law tends to be a gossip and is super easy to talk to, so it's a bad combination when you are trying to keep things under wraps. That is a tonne of pressure, hopefully the excitement will simmer with a little time. I do think it will be good in the long run. I am thinking about telling my mom what we have been doing when she is visiting next week, so we both might be in that boat!

7 years ago

Thanks ladies but I just recently started feeling better emotionally after this last cycle. I'm trying to convert all the negative energy to positive to help my body and my mind lol.

Twwtoolong that is so scary. It sounds like something you see on tv and I can't imagine how scary it must have been. Praying that this is your cycle and you get that BFP this month :-) What a great gift that would be for the holidays.

Baby bump I'm surprised they would start you on bcp with this next period if they aren't doing any December transfers. I'm not sure what protocol but unless they are just planning on a frozen cycle I would think you would start bcp in December then meds after that but all docs and clinics are different lol. I'm curious to see what protocol and everything. If your AMH is good I'm betting you will do long Lupron but could be wrong. It really is an amazing process when you see how everything works. Day of transfer my clinic gives you pics of the embryos and then when they place them in the uterus you can see them. I think that's what makes it harder when negative is bc you see them where they need to be. As for telling people, I told many and it definitely was hard when I got my negative beta. The hardest part is when they ask are you pregnant every time they see you :-/

7 years ago

twwtoolong that's the best decision you can do. Just play into it and make it a safer situation. Is he aware that what he did was wrong/inappropriate? Will you have to deal with him again when he gets out again?

luckykap I'm not sure why either but they seem determined to start me on bcp as soon as my next af starts. I cant even imagine having to tell people it's negative after seeing it all go in and be where it's supposed to be. I'm worried with all families knowing its happening in January that when February rolls around theyre just going to keep asking...and im not a big fan of tell people before 2 months at least. So do I tell them its negative and surprise them later and make them all depressed in the moment..or should I tell them right away if its positive. I feel like all the "just us" stuff is taken away with IVF

I know from the start of my bcp to my beta was almost 2 months for the whole process so maybe you can tell them your not sure when the transfer will happen bc it's a long process. Also if you wanted to maybe don't tell them when you start the meds so they won't know it's underway. They won't have any idea how long the doc wants you on bcp before starting the meds lol.

For me people at work even know bc I have to leave for appts and then return and usually start those every other day or daily around day 5 of stim meds. My clinic you have to go before 1130 am that way they have the blood results by the afternoon and call to let you know whether to change med dose or keep it the same depending on how your responding. So I guess my point of this was that it was hard for me to hide at work lol.

Twwtoolong I hope you won't have to deal with him again. It sounds like he was released to early or something. I really can't imagine how scary that was but it was very smart on your part to play it cool. I would have freaked out I'm sure.

7 years ago

Thats smart! Mine just know it will be January at the earliest, so maybe I can dance around exactly when. Although his family will be here every 2 weeks to help with chemo..so again, might be hard to hide. haha

It might be harder for me to do a take off and go back to work since my clinic is an hour away, I'll probably have to take a lot of half days. I can't wait to get all of my details for this appointment! I'll let you know as soon as I find out, just waiting on stinking AF now (who would have thought I'd be anxious for the to show again)

I'm the same way, waiting on AF then one cycle away from starting bcp. Never thought I would be ready for AF to show either lol. Keep me posted, I'm curious on what protocol and such.

7 years ago

It feels like it is taking FOREVER for AF to get here! I'm only on CD23, still feels like it's taking longer than usual. As soon as shows I'm scheduling my first official IVF appointment and trying to get this show on the road! HOPEFULLY it shows early this time around CD26 like it has before (or really hopefully the saline test they did opened up my insides and I naturally conceived! Though thats highly unlikely). Just a few more days until I'll have some useful details.

How is everyone else doing? Any updates on anything?

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo