Community post

Discussion

August 2018 Babies

View Full Post

I was in July but AF has arrived with a vengeance so I'm moving on to TTC an August baby.
Technically this is my 2nd cycle TTC. We started in spring and conceived right away but it ended in a loss. So the first month we were able to try again was October. DH is a truck driver so that makes TTC very difficult. My midwife called in BCP for me today, and I'm going to take them for 2 weeks to delay ovulation so that it will match DH home time for the next 4 months. I'm also Homozygous MTHFR and clotting disorder, so I am on baby aspirin, prenatals with methylfolate, and will start lydia Pinkham when I stop BCP. I need O to occur between Nov 24-29. Any earlier and we will miss it. We are swaying Girl, but only because they are harder to get (for us) and plan two more children total. I'll be happy with whatever we get though!

[url=https://lilypie.com]User image[/url]

829 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

191 - 200 of 829 Replies | Last Page

Pearl_325 amazing lol that's perfect - you have great days! I'm over here trying to avoid days LOL if i get my BFP i would announce to family/close friends xmas (i'm a big wine drinker and everyone would notice) - Thanksgiving would be perfect to find out - i'm in Canada so Thanksgiving is long past but I have xmas which is nice :) (if it happens)

also, this would be a first for me and the "dad" and I asked him why he wasn't asking me when i will be testing etc. he's like "oh i thought you would do something to surprise me". I am not really the type for a card and sappy stuff so i saw online to write it on pizza with the pepperoni LOL and then ask him to take it out of the oven...I'm laughing just thinking about it.

User image

6 years ago

@mir777 hahaha I love that idea! I'm not sappy either but i would definitely like to surprise him so thats probably something i would do too lol. If all of this works out the way we hope you will need to include a photo of the pizza and let us know how he reacts LOL

User Image

6 years ago

Pearl_325 I definitely will! we gotta get that BFP now...

User image

6 years ago

@callmecrazy. Thank you for that. Just a quick question and I am sure it is tedious and I should know the answers but I am new with OPKs. Since I tested today first thing in the morning, can I take it later throughout the day the remaining of the cycle? The instructions says that the meter will keep record of the surge and levels.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

hey dragonfly23 : My OPK suggests to not use FMU - i tested in the late afternoon but only once a day. If you're doing it twice a day I would suggest mid morning and evening. Good luck! :) :)

User image

6 years ago

@mir777. Thank you for that. I didn't know that. How embarassing. Plus it is easier to do it later in the day as I do not have time in the morning with my daughter running around the house and constantly at my side. Maybe late evening is best for me as she will be sleeping.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

dragonfly23 No problem! I know, I was confused at first because Pregnancy tests suggest FMU. As i started to see the surge (even the slightest line) i would BD - and then it started to feel almost like a chore (because it ended up being like 6 or 7 days in a row of BD, which is great for some but we are tired some nights LOL) I didn't realize that the positive test line would have to match or be darker than the control line. (checkout my images - you'll see my positive) I think if this is not my month I would do every other day in my fertility window (per my cycle calendar) and then BD 2 or 3 days in a row once i see positive. My cycle is pretty regular (luckily).

User image

6 years ago

dragonfly- Mine just came up + this afternoon and this morning it was a negative. all the other months it came up + in the afternoon. So if you want to try morning then afternoon go ahead.

mir777- that is what i am doing this cycle SMEP!

AFM i went to dollar store got a OPK and took it just now came out + again!!! Now i am nervous bc estimated AF Nov 30th. that leaves me 12 luteal phase days is that enough time?

6 years ago

beautiful - SMEP is what I'll be doing if BFN!! Thanks for the name you're awesome!

User image

6 years ago

Well ladies - I started spotting this morning. I am gutted. Back to the clinic we go. I think we will do one more round of femera and if that doesn't work then take a break over the holidays and then maybe see if DH is ok with trying an IUI in the new year.

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo