Community post

Discussion

Has anybody ovulated after starting Metformin?

TTC for 8 years, have an 11 year old daughter. I was diagnosed with PCOS at the end of February and put on Metfromin and Synthroid the first week of March. Started out with 500mg and am working up to the 2000mg(currently on 1500mg). Was given Provera to force a cycle(I have maybe 4 a year) and had HSG test this past Monday(everything was perfect) and I started an OPK Monday morning. Mon-Wednesday I had no line, other than the control line(using Answer OPK), yesterday I had a light line and this morning it was almost the same color as the control!! RE wants to add Clomid next cycle. Just curious if anyone else had ovulation return with just the Metformin.

1 Reply • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

i was on metformin for about 2 months to get pregnant with my daughter. my doc wanted to use clomid for 3 rd cycle but i found i was pregnant about a week after talking with her. so yes ovulation can occur while taking metformin. good luck

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo